Wilson made better decisions

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
And played a great game today, Waldron called a good game and the D played good. The game should’ve never been that close at the end. Gerald Everett needs the duck tape treatment by Tim McGraw

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
His best game in awhile, still not quite the Wilson that we're used to but I'll take it over the Wilson we've been getting.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Wilson played a great three quarters (1st quarter, not so much). Waldron's play calling improved after the first quarter of repeated screens--which we suck at--but overall, I was happy with this game, minus the fumbles. Take away our dropsies and this game probably is a blowout.

Pete still called some stupid timeouts and I still don't understand how our team manages to get delay of game penalties after a timeout but I was impressed with his challenge flag as it was, unusual for him, a good challenge.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
His accuracy was much better. Still has a little more improving to do but there is light in that tunnel.

Stopping Kittle sure seemed like a subject that was not discussed during the week.

Reaction score
Funny how that works huh? He played better today even though the line was beat up. :49ersmall:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maybe this is our first look at the Russell-Wilson-adjusted version of the McVay offense.

We had 3rd down conversions today! And I think actually were on top in the TOP stat!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1qmimewj said:
Had to do with the injury. The guy is still a baller. Maybe the news we heard about Jody being pissed will payoff?
That is my belief. We all know he rushed back because a hurt Russ has a better chance at beating GB & AZ than a healthy Geno any day.

misfit

Reaction score
Or maybe..... this is the first game Russ is actually somewhat healthy?

Since this is the 8 week mark since his injury?

chris98251

Reaction score
They had many more plays they were able to run, they won time of possession.

However, if you watched we seen both Jekyll and Hyde of Wilson today, what made him a top QB and what his limitations and problems are. The problems are still there, defense and special teams helped him a lot today.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
chris98251":1a14dzcf said:
They had many more plays they were able to run, they won time of possession.

However, if you watched we seen both Jekyll and Hyde of Wilson today, what made him a top QB and what his limitations and problems are. The problems are still there, defense and special teams helped him a lot today.
What pissed me off was when they burned a time out to avoid a delay of game penalty and then come right out of the time out and delay it anyways. Wilson does these things periodically.

The offense will be fine if they focus on moving the sticks instead of trying to hit a home run with a deep ball every time. If they continue to improve and win the next 5 they'll have a legit shot at the 7 seed

AgentDib

Reaction score
There were some bad plays today but also a lot of good stuff that bodes well.

I do need to see improvement against another team before I feel comfortable that things are moving in the right direction. Wilson is extremely familiar with the 49ers defense due to them borrowing Seattle's scheme and we definitely have their number. Getting the win today was awesome, but you shouldn't overreact to beating the 49ers just like you shouldn't overreact to losing to the Rams.

Next week at the Texans won't be a great benchmark either because Lovie Smith's project to convert them to a 4-3 defense looks like a failure so far. The Texans are a bad defense and are 29th in blitz rate and 30th in QB Hurry %. Wilson shouldn't be stressed as heavily and we should see some continued improvement.

With any luck we will see that improvement, and then our game in two weeks at the Rams will be the huge test to see how far along the offense has come and whether we should keep the course on offense or make big off-season changes.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Not so much in the beginning, but somewhere in the second quarter our play calling got better AND Russ executed ball control passing game much better than usual. He even looked sharp doing it. I think that was the spark the offense needed to get back on track. It helped open everything else up and he was able to take good advantage with a nice sprinkling in of big plays downfield.
I had a GREAT time catching Nick's PC. That guy is a HOOT!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3kf46xiy said:
And played a great game today, Waldron called a good game and the D played good. The game should’ve never been that close at the end. Gerald Everett needs the duck tape treatment by Tim McGraw

This should have been a 44-23 drubbing had it not been for Everett. After a pair of horrible plays -- a costly fumble in our own territory, and letting a perfect pass bounce off his hands for a pick -- he never should have been the receiver on that shovel pass. I know they were trying to let Everett redeem himself, but this was clearly not his day.

Still trying to figure out how this guy is an upgrade from Jacob Hollister.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's not Wilson it's the o-line. Fix this o-line and this offense will be great that's it simple deal.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Tusc2000":me19pvr5 said:
ArlosSpecial":me19pvr5 said:

This should have been a 44-23 drubbing had it not been for Everett. After a pair of horrible plays -- a costly fumble in our own territory, and letting a perfect pass bounce off his hands for a pick -- he never should have been the receiver on that shovel pass. I know they were trying to let Everett redeem himself, but this was clearly not his day.

Still trying to figure out how this guy is an upgrade from Jacob Hollister.

Well Everett does give you more YAC than Hollister. And this was really his first real bad performance. Before that he was one of our better players on offence and outperforming DK.

Lockett is still the class of the receiver group though. Just like Doug Baldwin, I will really miss him when he's gone.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Give Waldron credit, even on the first three and out you could tell there was a concerted effort to get Russ in rhythm with some quick throws. I

I've said for years that Russell's like a basketball point guard, he NEEDS to get in tempo, rhythm and confidence to play well. So the sooner you can do that, the better he usually gets as the game goes along.

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah the inside screen to Penny was brilliant. We just need to continue improving the wild card is still within reach at 9 wins

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He got better as the game progressed for sure.

Anyone else noticed though that early on he was staring down his receivers?