Who Is Your Most Over-rated Player?

TypeSly

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start this one for fun. First, I'm going to claim that Tom Brady is off the board, because half of this forum would claim him.

It sucks for me that Eli Manning has retired, because he would be my guy every year that he played in the NFL. I think he might be all-century in over-rated players.

I have a new one now, but it's not as fun, since everyone is starting to see it now... but I'll use him anyways. For me, it's:

Jimmy G hands down. This guy sucks, and he's always sucked. :49ersmall:

Edit: I should have said *current NFL player. Also, it's okay to pick the same player as someone else. Don't need to go head-hunting if someone picked your guy lol.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Percy Harvin. Probably the most overrated Hawk player I can think of.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
^ Hey! But Percy Harvin is retired! lol

chris98251

Reaction score
Clowney, good player but way over hyped, he is not a pass rusher sack artist but people continue to try and label him as one as he does also.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":ctdyal34 said:
Dwayne Haskins.

Did Dwayne Haskins have any hype? legitimate question? I remember his pre-draft status was lukewarm at best.

It looks like the Lamar Jackson hype ship is sinking.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Some good ones... Clowney definitely. Cam definitely, but yeah I forgot about Zeke! Zeke is pure hype :mrgreen:

907Hawk

Reaction score
94Smith":44enis2w said:
There's lots of overrated players in the NFL, but how about a Seahawk on a Seahawk board? (Runs and ducks)

Bobby Wagner. He gets listed commonly as the best LB in the league, but I do not feel he is the best anymore. Run stopping LB in a pass happy NFL. He's lost a step. Still very good, but top 10 only.

Is he still the best MLB in the game? that is debatable but as far as most overrated NO!

sdog1981

Reaction score
94Smith":2guj5hnh said:
There's lots of overrated players in the NFL, but how about a Seahawk on a Seahawk board? (Runs and ducks)

Bobby Wagner. He gets listed commonly as the best LB in the league, but I do not feel he is the best anymore. Run stopping LB in a pass happy NFL. He's lost a step. Still very good, but top 10 only.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-the-nfls-top-25-linebackers-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Saying a guy is the 5th best out of 40 starting linebackers instead of 1st is not really saying he is overrated.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Bobby is still the best this season per pff. It's just that the bar is so high; he can be off his best and still better than everyone else.

Marcus Peters -decent ball skills, but gets burned too much and isn't physical.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
94Smith":3hkp6mpg said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-the-nfls-top-25-linebackers-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Dude, you're trying so hard to list a Seahawk, that you're making yourself look foolish. An overrated player is when everyone is saying he's the best ___ (insert position) and then they end up like 24th on a list like that, or not even on the list at all. I don't recall anyone in the media or even on this board say that Bobby is the best LB in the league. What's often said is that Bobby is ONE of the best LB's in the league.

So that link that you provided, is a really nice pleasant surprise for me actually. I didn't expect it, but he ranked #1! And this is PFF, not some exaggerated voices on an obscure website. Now, the only thing that might obscure the fact that he's one of the best LB's in the league, is one 49er's fan's opinion on a Seahawks board? Lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TAB420

Reaction score

94Smith

Reaction score
So how do you define overrated? No one said Clowney, Haskins, Garopollo or Newton was the best at their position this offseason. They did with Wagner. To be overrated, I think you have to be rated highly initially than you actually are. Would you not say the four above were probably ranked where they actually were this offseason? Newton couldn't even get a contract this offseason. Garopollo was placed around 15th best in the league this offseason. I don't think anyone has ever said Haskins is good. Clowney thinks he is worth more than teams would pay him.

So out of all the players you guys have listed that leaves Zeke (who is having a terrible year but does not have a QB to take pressure off the run game) , Rodgers who is in the MVP conversation still, and Lamar Jackson who is probably overrated but won the MVP last year.

Say what you will about Wagner but he is not the best anymore, so he is technically overrated if he was listed as #1 overall this offseason

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":1d405v1b said:
Right now? Lamar Jackson. He's good, but he was voted #1 in the NFL Top 100. He is not THAT good.

Lamar Jackson will be found out to be a slightly above average qb.

Jimmy G is not overrated, he's overpaid. 9ers fans want him to be good,but thats about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
94Smith":1hgiheh2 said:
So how do you define overrated? No one said Clowney, Haskins, Garopollo or Newton was the best at their position this offseason. They did with Wagner. To be overrated, I think you have to be rated highly initially than you actually are. Would you not say the four above were probably ranked where they actually were this offseason? Newton couldn't even get a contract this offseason. Garopollo was placed around 15th best in the league this offseason. I don't think anyone has ever said Haskins is good. Clowney thinks he is worth more than teams would pay him.

So out of all the players you guys have listed that leaves Zeke (who is having a terrible year but does not have a QB to take pressure off the run game) , Rodgers who is in the MVP conversation still, and Lamar Jackson who is probably overrated but won the MVP last year.

Say what you will about Wagner but he is not the best anymore, so he is technically overrated if he was listed as #1 overall this offseason

I was going to try to explain but figure it would be like trying to explain how Trump lost the election to one of his supporters, no matter what I typed it won't change anything due to the person already pouring cement on his opinion which will never move.

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":26r511fa said:

Did you post this screed because your first post didn't scream pissy little 49er fanboy hard enough?