‘The Sea Gals’ are now ‘The Seahawks Dancers’

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rblm49cb said:
I go to see the Hawks play football.

Yeah, no disrespect intended but I can't recall the last time I was at a game, sat and watched a SeaGal routine. Unless there's a "Wardrobe Malfunction" I am looking at the reader boards, talking to friends/fellow STH's in my area and just waiting for the Seahawks game to start or get back to action.

Largent80

Reaction score
Aros":x4fowhkh said:
SoulfishHawk":x4fowhkh said:
I go to see the Hawks play football.

Yeah, no disrespect intended but I can't recall the last time I was at a game, sat and watched a SeaGal routine. Unless there's a "Wardrobe Malfunction" I am looking at the reader boards, talking to friends/fellow STH's in my area and just waiting for the Seahawks game to start or get back to action.

I guess we know what your new avatar is going to be...unfortunately.

edogg23

Reaction score
How did this get so far with only one mention of sea men. I expected some laughs from this thread at least :(

quadsas

Reaction score
edogg23":2xjuizm7 said:
How did this get so far with only one mention of sea men. I expected some laughs from this thread at least :(

Mark of the real seaman is when you stop giggling at the word seaman

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People can get offended all they want, but what do they really bring to the table? They don't enhance the game one bit.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18vofgzu said:
People can get offended all they want, but what do they really bring to the table? They don't enhance the game one bit.

I wouldn't say "one bit." I'd say the Seagals are a fun part of the game experience...........and they also do a lot in the community, both from a public image and promotional side, but more importantly working with all the Hawk's charities.

IMO it's stupid to change their name, I don't think "gal" is degrading or negative. But I guess it's their prerogative.

beaumaris

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2r1j0w2p said:
Lol.... lame. I’m sorry for our children and their future children.
Me too,the worlds went fecken bonkers. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3lmgxwx8 said:

Is this an attempt to make fun of disabled or injured people, Lame is a term you use for injury or when one has a limp.

:)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Largent, some people like it so they do bring something to them. Nothing against them or what they do, I guess I just don't care either way if they are there at the game.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
beaumaris":2mbna5cg said:
ImTheScientist":2mbna5cg said:

The world is bonkers because a dance team decided it wasn't just for gals anymore?

mrt144

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1stoqmm0 said:
beaumaris":1stoqmm0 said:
ImTheScientist":1stoqmm0 said:

The world is bonkers because a dance team decided it wasn't just for gals anymore?

Makes ya wonder...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am fine with it as this is not only the society we are in now but we are in Seattle which is usually a leader in this type of stuff.

Maybe be a opportunity for Seahawks.net to make a Calendar with Hot Seahawks Fans (Women only) because I know I am not buying a calendar with dudes on it.

update: not sure about this now as it will cost like $15 a piece just to make, not to mention the cost of the ladies and camera man.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Here's an opinion piece out of USA Today from a little less than a year ago that captures my feelings on the subject:

Actually, a beauty-pageant swimsuit competition is mild compared to what passes for “cheerleading” in the NFL, which dives into its 2018 preseason this week. Besides putting the sexy young performers on the sidelines in bikini-sized costumes, professional football teams have them shake and twerk in ways more akin to pole-dancing than traditional cheerleading.

Over recent months, we’ve seen the crumbling of any last pretense that these women are out there to lead cheers and pump up fans’ enthusiasm for the action on the field. Reports have spilled out about the performers facing constant groping and verbal come-ons when forced to interact with fans, cheerleaders on Washington's team being required to parade topless for an all-male group of suite-holders at a photo shoot, and several NFL teams fielding offshoots of their cheerleading squads that don’t even appear on the sidelines; their job is to mingle with the high-rollers in the stadium luxury suites.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 897735002/

The league is being extremely hypocritical in that they are selling themselves as this family friendly, female friendly activity yet they unabashedly are using sex to sell their product or entertain male clients. Cheerleaders are hired for their looks and willingness to parade half naked in front of 70,000 people, not because they have any special dancing talent. Some teams require cheerleaders to weigh in periodically and if they're just a few pounds over their target weight, they're fired.

IMO they do not add anything unique or novel to an NFL game day experience and I've long since tired of watching a TV camera rammed up the cleavage of a cheerleader wiggling her boobs going to or coming out of a commercial break. 6 teams do not have cheerleaders...Packers, Bears, Browns, Bills, Giants, and Steelers. I don't understand why the other teams feel that they're essential.

Elemas

Reaction score
In an effort to remain a Seahawk, Prosise tried out but couldn't pass the physical.

chris98251

Reaction score
Elemas":10cn7dck said:
In an effort to remain a Seahawk, Prosise tried out but couldn't pass the physical.

Injured a Pom Pom did he?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pfdoj17g said:
SoulfishHawk":pfdoj17g said:

I wouldn't say "one bit." I'd say the Seagals are a fun part of the game experience...........and they also do a lot in the community, both from a public image and promotional side, but more importantly working with all the Hawk's charities.

IMO it's stupid to change their name, I don't think "gal" is degrading or negative. But I guess it's their prerogative.

It's probably a bit humiliating for the guys on the squad to be known as "Gals". Hence the name change which is too bad. SeaGals was at least a clever pun on Seagull.

mrt144

Reaction score
Mad Dog":qzh0zew2 said:
Sgt. Largent":qzh0zew2 said:
SoulfishHawk":qzh0zew2 said:

It's probably a bit humiliating for the guys on the squad to be known as "Gals". Hence the name change which is too bad. SeaGals was at least a clever pun on Seagull.

I mean, if they wanted to go the competitive cheer leading route, that'd be awesome. Those guys and gals werk! Don't mind me, I just like acrobatics and energetic music.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what NFL cheerleaders are for.

During the game, they have no presence unless you happen to have seats near the field level.

During halftime and some TV timeouts they get out and dance, but who cares? Not the droves heading for concessions.

Who loves football and also choreographed dance? That's a tiny sliver of a Venn diagram.

And It's not like we're starving for scantily clad females in 2019. If you watch football to see hot babes, let me tell you about this World Wide Web thing...

And now they're adding dudes and using a more gender neutral name? Great. Congrats.