‘The Sea Gals’ are now ‘The Seahawks Dancers’

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2bsjy2xp said:
Sgt. Largent":2bsjy2xp said:
SoulfishHawk":2bsjy2xp said:
People can get offended all they want, but what do they really bring to the table? They don't enhance the game one bit.

I wouldn't say "one bit." I'd say the Seagals are a fun part of the game experience...........and they also do a lot in the community, both from a public image and promotional side, but more importantly working with all the Hawk's charities.

IMO it's stupid to change their name, I don't think "gal" is degrading or negative. But I guess it's their prerogative.

It's probably a bit humiliating for the guys on the squad to be known as "Gals". Hence the name change which is too bad. SeaGals was at least a clever pun on Seagull.

SeaCisGenders?

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jmpt9kux said:
I'd rather see dogs racing, way more exciting :irishdrinkers:

It's not about what you want. It's about appeasing the hyper sensitive so they don't get upset and rock the boat.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seymour":3em45l14 said:
SoulfishHawk":3em45l14 said:

It's not about what you want. It's about appeasing the hyper sensitive so they don't get upset and rock the boat.

Nothing says "appeasing the hyper sensitive" like allowing men to participate.

Seymour

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":15bfnt3q said:
Seymour":15bfnt3q said:
SoulfishHawk":15bfnt3q said:

Nothing says "appeasing the hyper sensitive" like allowing men to participate.

What percentage of "men" would want to participate? Maybe 1 out of 1,000? Now how many "men" in the stands and at home would rather watch other "men" dancing than all women? 1 out of 2 maybe?

Yet here we go again....

Largent80

Reaction score
Oh...Did this become political???? Who is to say the new "men" are not trans? Or the "Gals" actually women?

VO7myFX

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
why are we putting the word men in quotes? are we saying that a man is no longer a man if he chooses to participate in the majesty of dance?

Seymour

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2ltozz1w said:
why are we putting the word men in quotes? are we saying that a man is no longer a man if he chooses to participate in the majesty of dance?

No, not going that far. But I think it's safe to say that some men today have either evolved or devolved depending on ones perspective. My personal opinion is if men want to dance for entertainment, do it on a dance stage or skating or other areas that it is well established. Don't force it into a rough game that is heavily influenced by testosterone as a side show that many aren't interested in.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seriously?

Men dancing has been a pretty big draw on TV for awhile now. World of Dance, So you think you can Dance, America's got talent, Dancing with the Stars, Magic Mike (i added that last one as its the only one ive seen)

Not really sure how people are afraid or repulsed by this.

As for "well established"... i mean just about every college football sideline has male cheerleaders.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":14iigml5 said:
Seriously?

Men dancing has been a pretty big draw on TV for awhile now. World of Dance, So you think you can Dance, America's got talent, Dancing with the Stars, Magic Mike (i added that last one as its the only one ive seen)

As for "well established"... i mean just about every college football sideline has male cheerleaders.

Wow......Afraid or repulsed? Assume much? :roll:

Why can't someone simply disagree this is the right place for it? Does it always need to be some fear driven extreme label someone gets when they simply disagree this is a good place for this? :pukeface:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2v5kw0tf said:
Uncle Si":2v5kw0tf said:
Seriously?

Wow......Afraid or repulsed? Assume much? :roll:

Why can't someone simply disagree this is the right place for it? Does it always need to be some fear driven extreme label someone gets when they simply disagree this is a good place for this? :pukeface:

Do you think every part of every post is about you? There's a lot of ugliness about this topic across the internet.

That said.. your take on male dancers and not fitting in with testosterone driven sports is naive to me.

In the end I don't care either way who is dancing as I'm probably rocking a piss at halftime

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2zo943m6 said:
Uncle Si":2zo943m6 said:
Magic Mike (i added that last one as its the only one ive seen)

Ummm...You should feel right at home with that in your minds eye.

Ummm....

It's a good movie. And Channing Tatum can dance.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2isyyqby said:
Largent80":2isyyqby said:
Uncle Si":2isyyqby said:

Ummm....

Riiiight. You need to practice your flops.....You are gaining however.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1w2cs4nb said:
Uncle Si":1w2cs4nb said:
Largent80":1w2cs4nb said:
Uncle Si":1w2cs4nb said:

Ummm....

Riiiight.

Riiight? What? I'll even say Channing Tatum is not, because I'm comfortable enough to do so.

Practice my flops? Are you trying to bring soccer into this as well?
You got something else? Or just more antiquated juvenile posts?

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21ixagwi said:
Largent80":21ixagwi said:
Uncle Si":21ixagwi said:
Largent80":21ixagwi said:

Ummm....

Riiiight.

Riiight? What? I'll even say Channing Tatum is not, because I'm comfortable enough to do so.

I just want to point out there are run off benefits to Magic Mike the zeitgeist. If your wife didnt pounce on you after a night out with the gals having some wine and seeing that movie...welp...you missed out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":fqlf9ase said:
Uncle Si":fqlf9ase said:
Largent80":fqlf9ase said:
Uncle Si":fqlf9ase said:
Ummm....

Riiiight.

I just want to point out there are run off benefits to Magic Mike the zeitgeist. If your wife didnt pounce on you after a night out with the gals having some wine and seeing that movie...welp...you missed out.

So I made a mistake watching it alone?

:)

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3i6qk6n4 said:
mrt144":3i6qk6n4 said:
Uncle Si":3i6qk6n4 said:
Largent80":3i6qk6n4 said:
Riiiight.

So I made a mistake watching it alone?

:)

Apparently not.