#1 seed in the NFC

Laloosh

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":hybtoier said:
E.C. Laloosh":hybtoier said:
Lords of Scythia":hybtoier said:
E.C. Laloosh":hybtoier said:
I like your enthusiasm but SF fans were predicting an 8-0 start going into the bye week right after that Green Bay game. Point being, stuff happens. I'm completely confident that our team is capable of doing all that, just not comfortable predicting it after 4 weeks.

Once I realized we were only down by two scores in the 3rd and our D started to lock them down, I actually thought we'd tighten things up and win or lose by less than 7 points yesterday. Confident, yes, didn't think the chances were higher of doing so, just felt like we were still "in it". Sort of how I feel about 13 or 14 wins right now. Confident, but it's the NFL and the NFL is tough!
Stuff has already happened and we're sucking it up and winning and in #1 position.

Which is wonderful. Does that mean we all have to assume we're going to win 10 of the next 12 or are we allowed to have a more realistic set of expectations?
Winning 10 of the next 12 is a realistic expectaion. It's just about right.

Well, get Pete on the phone and let him know he can relax. You've made your prediction, rendering all other possibilities improbable, no, nearly impossible.

FPD

Reaction score
The Radish":3371h4ts said:
Only a quarter of the season played so far. I think you're getting the cart ahead of the horse.

:roll:
And he know's about horses and carts fellas!

FnkyCold

Reaction score
The Saints have to play Chicago and New England. I'd much rather have our schedule.

Laloosh

Reaction score
FnkyCold":2zcvdjj3 said:
The Saints have to play Chicago and New England. I'd much rather have our schedule.

Dunno about you guys but I wouldn't mind playing Chicago again. Rather play them than the Saints actually... Brees is an assassin, Cutler is dangerous but he's not nearly as reliable.

hidn

Reaction score
The Radish":3abwcksg said:
oregonhawkfan":3abwcksg said:
The Radish":3abwcksg said:
Only a quarter of the season played so far. I think you're getting the cart ahead of the horse.

If your horse isn't fast enough, get it the hell out of the way 'cuz this cart is coming thru like it or not. :stirthepot:

I agree, we should be playing for HFA now for sure because if we wait til the end of the season it will be entirely too late to start. What ever it takes to keep the foot on the gas and keep winning is all that matters.

Tell you what I think. If you people spent as much time allowing other peoples opinions as you do whining/bitching at anyone that differs from yours things would be a lot more pleasant here. Remember its attack posts and not posters.

That's attacking people and not their posts, isn't it? Talk about the ultimate hypocritical post.

hawker84

Reaction score
12thManNorth":3cdlyvo2 said:
This should be what the season is about. We're the best team in the NFC, the goal should be to get the #1 seed. I don't see what's wrong with that and breaking down the chances of getting it

Nothing, good to see enthusiasm from the 12's... Go Hawks!!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":30p1zy7w said:
The Radish":30p1zy7w said:

You say that at every point in every season. For some reason you always feel the need to piss on everyone's excitement. :roll: I disagree then and I disagree now.

This game was huge in us winning our way to the #1 spot in the NFC.

I agree, his posts are often irritating.

McGruff

Reaction score
The Radish":nxw0wvak said:

Based on games played so far I don't see us losing a single game.

djb28

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I don't see what is wrong with speculation. That is what all these Sports shows on TV and Radio do every week.

McGruff

Reaction score
The Radish":fdnlljbt said:
oregonhawkfan":fdnlljbt said:
The Radish":fdnlljbt said:

If your horse isn't fast enough, get it the hell out of the way 'cuz this cart is coming thru like it or not. :stirthepot:

I agree, we should be playing for HFA now for sure because if we wait til the end of the season it will be entirely too late to start. What ever it takes to keep the foot on the gas and keep winning is all that matters.

Tell you what I think. If you people spent as much time allowing other peoples opinions as you do whining/bitching at anyone that differs from yours things would be a lot more pleasant here. Remember its attack posts and not posters.

Where did this come from?

djb28

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I don't see what is wrong with speculation. That is what all these Sports shows on TV and Radio do every week.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man, I soooooo want the #1 seed for the playoffs. Would be a huge get for our team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It's already been said. Teams that win on the road in the regular season get to play at home in post season.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Are you kidding? It's huge for us. It means we only need to play two playoff games---IN CENTURY LINK--to get to the Superbowl.

OP
OP
12thManNorth

12thManNorth

Reaction score
For those who haven't look at New Orleans remaining sched, they have some REAL tough games remaining.

@ Chicago
@ New England
vs San Fran
@ Atlanta
@ Seattle

Plus a home and home against Carolina who always seems to give them problems and road games against the Rams and Jets, both of whom could win those games

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^ Was looking at that last night. They have to run the freaking gauntlet. If they pull it off, they deserve it hands down. I think we've got this though, provided our o-line can get healthy and we don't have any big injuries.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Once Seattle wins on Sunday (against a team that almost lost at home versus OAKLAND, and plays worse at home than on the road) the optimism on these forums is going to increase 10-fold. 3-0 in 10am starts would be more than playing well on the road, it would be utter domination on the road, with the odds stacked against you.

Tennessee on Sunday afternoon at our house, without Jake Locker? BBQ in the park.
Arizona on Thursday night at their house, after they play San Fran at the 'Stick on Sunday? No problem. Decimation.
St. Louis on Monday night at their house, after they endure beat-downs from Houston and Carolina leading up to it? No problem.

Taking it one quarter at a time... Being 8-0 is not far fetched at all. The following quarter has 3 home games in it, and the away game is against Atlanta (paybacks are a....)

Each quarter has a tough game in it, but I am glad we have the schedule we do.

Laloosh

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2up2rmsu said:
Once Seattle wins on Sunday (against a team that almost lost at home versus OAKLAND, and plays worse at home than on the road) the optimism on these forums is going to increase 10-fold. 3-0 in 10am starts would be more than playing well on the road, it would be utter domination on the road, with the odds stacked against you.

Tennessee on Sunday afternoon at our house, without Jake Locker? BBQ in the park.
Arizona on Thursday night at their house, after they play San Fran at the 'Stick on Sunday? No problem. Decimation.
St. Louis on Monday night at their house, after they endure beat-downs from Houston and Carolina leading up to it? No problem.

Taking it one quarter at a time... Being 8-0 is not far fetched at all. The following quarter has 3 home games in it, and the away game is against Atlanta (paybacks are a....)

Each quarter has a tough game in it, but I am glad we have the schedule we do.

A lot of this confidence is predicated on the poor starts by AZ and STL. A lot of people expected the NFCW to be a power house this year. Instead it turned into, well... ya know...

I feel much better about our schedule than I did in the preseason. Some of these teams simply took a dump at the beginning of the season and the one big surprise (see titans) are now w/out their starting QB.

Injuries aside, the stars have sort of aligned for us to make Seahawks history. Let's just hope we can get over this injury bug.

Latest posts