10-6 Likely won't do it, even as WC (interactive bracket)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2m6cagpd said:
http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-alqZpaalaahZmqZWlZpqqlqmqVpWVmppqamamWlqlmapWZamqaqVpBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

That should give you a filled out bracket up till where we are at in the season.

Going through and just filling in the teams that will likely be favored in each matchup, the 49ers actually end up a game or two better than Seattle.

I also hate to break it to a lot of people here but even at 10-6, we're going to have a hard time making it in as a wild card. Even if we sweep the 49ers, if we both wind up 10-6, the way that tie-breakers work out, we both end up on the outside looking in in many scenarios.

Fact of the matter is that 11-5 is about the point where we need to get too, but going 5-1 over the next 6 games is a tall order.

Anyhow, this is just logic and reason taking place, so please dont hammer me with "ANOTHER BANDWAGON DOWNER POST?". I just figured I would share the bracket and my findings.

Not sure where you're going with this either. If we sweep the Niners, the best they could do is come up with a divisional record of 2-4. If they get to 2-4, and we sweep them, they'll be hanging a loss on the Cardinals, which is really the best case scenario we could hope for. A divisional record of .25 % isn't going to win any tiebreakers that I've ever heard of.

Only the Vikings and the Bucs have more divisional losses in the entire NFC than the Niners do. They're in a terrible position for the tiebreaker. Unless I'm mistaken, tie breaker goes: Divisional record, Conference record, then on to the more abstract ones.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mae8l37 said:
Uncle Si":1mae8l37 said:
10 wins will win atleast the second wild card spot. 2 of Lions, Eagles, Cowboys, 9ers, Seahawks are not getting 11 wins. Wouldbnt be far fetched to suggest none of them will get to 11 wins.

The problem is if we go 4-2 with wins against Cards, Niners, Rams at home then one road win we still lose just about all the tie breakers due to a bad conference record right now.

So if we get the six seed, it'll be because the one road win is against the Niners or Eagles, who also finish 10-6.
We have the 3rd best conference record in the NFC...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RunTheBall":30yhdg90 said:
Sgt. Largent":30yhdg90 said:
Uncle Si":30yhdg90 said:
10 wins will win atleast the second wild card spot. 2 of Lions, Eagles, Cowboys, 9ers, Seahawks are not getting 11 wins. Wouldbnt be far fetched to suggest none of them will get to 11 wins.

The problem is if we go 4-2 with wins against Cards, Niners, Rams at home then one road win we still lose just about all the tie breakers due to a bad conference record right now.

So if we get the six seed, it'll be because the one road win is against the Niners or Eagles, who also finish 10-6.
We have the 3rd best conference record in the NFC...

Don't let facts get in the way man.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I said if our team split with Philly and KC (still possible), beat the Lambs at home last game (still possible) and won 3 of 4 from Frisco and AZ they'd finish 11-5 and get in and I'll stand by it. I think beating Philly is quite possible as is beating St. L the last game. Unfortunately, 3 of 4 from the Whiners and Cards looks awfully daunting at this point I'm afraid. I think winning Sunday might be the jump start the team needs though.

olyfan63

Reaction score
We also play 3 teams that are down to their preseason backup QB, AZ and Philly, 4 games total. It's all there for us. No need to abandon ship. No more Peyton or Rivers and not even Brees. Stanton twice, Sanchez, Kraepernick, and whoever the Lambs QB is these days.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Our odds of missing the playoffs are greater than many would like to think; 10-6 looks like a coin flip to me. However, the other side of the schedule is that our odds of a first round bye are also a lot better than some may think. If we finish 11-5 then we will probably win the division - and get a bye as well. It's hard to believe, but that is just how things have worked out and how the tie-breaking scenarios line up based on remaining games between NFC opponents.