10 years since winning the Super Bowl

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Hear! hear! And in that fashion. Completely shutting down the most prolific offense to ever play the game. What an absolute treat that season was.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Other than the day I was born, that's probably the greatest day in the history of the planet.

The clouds parted, allowing the sun to shine bright on the PNW that day. Glorious!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And one of the lowest stress games of the Pete Carroll era. I'll never forget the look in Percy Harvin's eyes as he was taking the 2nd half kickoff, to put the final dagger into Manning's heart. That was when we started celebrating at my house. The competition had been lapped, twice, and it was a coast to the finish.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
And one of the lowest stress games of the Pete Carroll era. I'll never forget the look in Percy Harvin's eyes as he was taking the 2nd half kickoff, to put the final dagger into Manning's heart. That was when we started celebrating at my house. The competition had been lapped, twice, and it was a coast to the finish.
That's why I don't hate on Percy as much as say Adams...he had the talent but injuries and mostly attitude cost him any further success after that.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Do you remember that time they sacked Manning in the end zone for a safety? And when Harvin scored that long td? That was awwsome. 200

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Got a nagging question.... Am curious as to WHO some of y'all think was responsible for triggering the LOB explosion, and what happened to cause it's unraveling.
I thought maybe having a SAGE 37 year old Lawyer Milloy showing what committing oneself to getting everyone on the same communication wave might have been it.
Who else sees a different igniter?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Got a nagging question.... Am curious as to WHO some of y'all think was responsible for triggering the LOB explosion, and what happened to cause it's unraveling.
I thought maybe having a SAGE 37 year old Lawyer Milloy showing what committing oneself to getting everyone on the same communication wave might have been it.
Personally I felt like Brandon Browner was the "ignitor." He played with an edge, borderline dirty and ultimate toughness that I think inspired the others to play with that level of physicality.

The unraveling: The end of 49 + injuries

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Personally I felt like Brandon Browner was the "ignitor." He played with an edge, borderline dirty and ultimate toughness that I think inspired the others to play with that level of physicality.

The unraveling: The end of 49 + injuries
Yeah I too believe it was Browner who set everyone else up to the 'Nasty' & the Brotherhood of BOOM, but I don't think it was him who formulated the brotherhood & communications gig, I think Earl was no nonsense 'Sideline to Sideline' 'Cleanup' speedster, Kam was the VOICE, The Enforcer & Coordinator between the LOB & the Linebackers, But, I think it was Lawyer Milloy who planted the Brotherhood seed, no?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah I too believe it was Browner who set everyone else up to the 'Nasty' & the Brotherhood of BOOM, but I don't think it was him who formulated the brotherhood & communications gig, I think Earl was no nonsense 'Sideline to Sideline' 'Cleanup' speedster, Kam was the VOICE, The Enforcer & Coordinator between the LOB & the Linebackers, But, I think it was Lawyer Milloy who planted the Brotherhood seed, no?
You could totally be right. Did he play here after 2010? I remember ET saying Milloy was a huge mentor to him his rookie here, but was he here in 2011 when Kam and Sherm were rookies? I can't remember.

Regardless Milloy was a huge free agent signing for us no doubt

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
It took me a month before I stopped randomly yelling "SB Champs!" in my car. Everyone at my SB party was annoyed because I was running around and yelling pretty much the whole game.

My youngest was born 3 weeks later and I told the Ex that if they won, I was going to give him a seahawks middle name. Funny enough, he doesn't even like football🤣.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I was in the south end and tried to get downtown for the parade using the light rail. The line to get on was hundreds of people long and since there was no room in the cars nobody could go. Ended up having to watch on tv. Was not going to drive into that mess.

Lennie

Reaction score
In my opinion and many other people on this board what caused its unraveling was the following years Superbowl loss.
After that loss we just never were the same. which still crushes me to this day.
I firmly believe if we had beaten The Patriots, we would have one at least one more SB. That loss just fractured the team.

uncle fester

Reaction score
What a day that was... I kept looking at the refs, thinking they would throw some sort of late flag on Percy’s kick return. It couldn’t be going that well! 😀