Atradees

Reaction score
i am still not convinced that Russell Wilson is not Carlton.........fresh Prince of Bela-ire sidekick. Which would make him roughly 50. Its like believing in unicorns

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1esjmnpm said:
oldhawkfan":1esjmnpm said:
That is statistically a perfect game for a QB. I’m sorry for the haters but game managers don’t enter the 7th game of the season with a 104.8 QB rating and then put up a perfect rating. Game managers are lucky if they have a QB rating around 80-85. Game managers don’t hover around 100 QB rating after 6 1/2 years in the league.
Most people don't have much a problem with Wilson. What they have a problem with is a 30 million dollar QB that only throws the ball 16 times a game. Can he do more? Absolutely. That being said, if we're going to be paying a QB, the return on investment is extremely low for an offense that only is passing the ball around 45% of the time. We also don't want Carroll feeling forced to hand Wilson the ball either, because that is when we get wacky schemes.
"Most people" also have a problem paying Baldwin $15 million for 2 catches a game and 0 TDs then right? (Your logic back at you)
You gotta stop shopping for diamonds at Goodwill Spin.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":26o4ls4r said:
oldhawkfan":26o4ls4r said:
That is statistically a perfect game for a QB. I’m sorry for the haters but game managers don’t enter the 7th game of the season with a 104.8 QB rating and then put up a perfect rating. Game managers are lucky if they have a QB rating around 80-85. Game managers don’t hover around 100 QB rating after 6 1/2 years in the league.
Most people don't have much a problem with Wilson. What they have a problem with is a 30 million dollar QB that only throws the ball 16 times a game. Can he do more? Absolutely. That being said, if we're going to be paying a QB, the return on investment is extremely low for an offense that only is passing the ball around 45% of the time. We also don't want Carroll feeling forced to hand Wilson the ball either, because that is when we get wacky schemes.
I read enough of your posts over the years to know that whatever Russell Wilson does you will find a way to be unhappy about it. He could cure juvenile diabetes and you’d still be upset. It’s in post after post so quit pretending otherwise.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1056759844856709120[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056740801948995584[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056739887330643968[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056738787970043904[/tweet]

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He completed a lot of difficult throws as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1056702465351933952[/tweet]

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":13zakpnn said:
hawk45":13zakpnn said:
When russ has to make every single play he struggles.

With a run game he just needs to make timely plays, including in the clutch, and he's as good as any QB in the NFL in that scenario. Will not turn the ball over, can push it deep with accuracy.

Perfect match for what Pete wants to do.

He can't carry a team like a Brady or Rodgers but a Brady or Rodgers team with a cable OL and run game isn't winning it all anyways so who cares.

We can find a game manager but those are not clutch and can't kill teams deep with regularity.

:roll:

Blair Walsh disagrees with you

Blair Walsh clearly missed the mark with that one.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Russ deserves at least what Kirk Cousins is making, if not more. Russ may not put up "stats" like Kirk does but RW led teams win more. In this league wins are the most important stat.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3c6ecyxj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1056759844856709120[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056740801948995584[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056739887330643968[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056738787970043904[/tweet]

Amazing stats.

An analogy that I thought of, Wilson is like a sniper rifle, he's not sending a lot of rounds downrange, but man.... the ones he does, he's accurate, deadly, and just devastating. The yards per attempt, the percentage of TD's per throw, the QB rating. Just a sniper.

Versus some QB's that are machine guns, just throw it 50 times a game, hoping to hit something. Just spray the field, something will get done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And look at some of these completions. Coverage was like a blanket on many of these catches. The throws are just ridiculous.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1y1m97hw said:
I don't have a problem paying Russell $32M especially if he plays closer to that! The question I have is more can Pete get $32M worth from Wilson because of how Pete limits the offense? That said, if the oline can play like it has, Pete's plan has a far better shot of working over the last 3+ years at least. I was also equally impressed with how well the defense held out today as well. :2thumbs: :snack:

I think too many of you don't really get that Wilson is more than just his passing stats. Pete's mentioned it on more than one occasion but Wilson is primarily dialling up the run reads and helping to ensure run game success as much as pass success. He's orchestrating the total package.

If a guy can orchestrate the offense to be in a successful position in both run and pass, hit his shots when called upon, be successful in the red zone, show up in the 4th quarter when necessary, then you absolutely pay him top dollar for a QB.
That's really what the position is all about.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1yslds0k said:
MD5eahawks":1yslds0k said:
Spin Doctor":1yslds0k said:
Russ is not worth 30 million dollars, I'm sorry. Especially not in this style of offense. There are other QB's that could run this style. Sure, they wouldn't post the same numbers, but they could get the job done.
You're right, other QBs have run this offense. Chad Pennington, Favre, Mark Sanchez, Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemens, and Austin Davis to name most. Only one of those broke a 90 rating. Bradford in 2013. A 90.9. The next highest was 86.1 from Pennington in 2007. We should exclude Favre and his one year 'I-just-want-to-play-for-a-year-til-I-can-play-for-the-Vikes'

Do you seriously want one of those type QBs because they would be cheaper?

None of those would take this team to the playoffs.

The problem is that people see some first contract QBs tearing it up, then think it's easy to get one of those guys. You're not getting a cheap winner in free agency. The Seahawks got lucky with Wilson, and those other teams got lucky with the players they got. But that's very few teams.

Yeah and most of those QB's tearing it up don't do jack in the playoffs. Look at Brees no Playoff success to speak of in 5 years, Rodgers hasn't made a Superbowl in 7+ years. Only 2 conference championship appearances despite being "THE BEST QB".

Look at Brady, Manning, Etc. The times these "GREAT" QB actually wins the Super Bowl, it's when they have a combination of terrific defense and/or a well balanced Offensive attack. Running the ball well is a benefit to all QB's. Mannings 1st Super Bowl came when they found a solid run game. Same for the Packers and Saints in 2009 and 2010.

The Giants pulled off 2 Super Bowl wins with strong defense and a running game to complement the QB. It's laughable when people say "We'll he doesn't carry the team." You DON"T want your QB to "carry" the team. Don't you think Rodger's would be happy winning if he could hand the ball off 35 times to a beast of a RB? do you not think that Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, and Carson Wenz (considered the best new crop of QB's) are complimented well by great running attacks?

DJrmb

Reaction score
I absolutely love the sniper reference and I think you're right on with the comparison. This is the Russ we've been waiting for. Most of us knew it was going to take some time for him switching to a new offense for the first time in his NFL career (although I was still frustrated with him at times). This confident and comfortable version of RW is worth every penny of what he'll get paid. You don't need him throwing it 50 times a game for him to be worth top QB money.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Interesting that Russ got his perfect game *while* breaking the Seahawks' record for average yards per pass. He's not dinking and dunking for easy stats; he's throwing the ball down-field.

And while coverage was good on many of the throws, the ball placement was so good that he was never in danger of having a ball picked off. It really was a QB master class.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":22q5oafs said:
Seymour":22q5oafs said:
I don't have a problem paying Russell $32M especially if he plays closer to that! The question I have is more can Pete get $32M worth from Wilson because of how Pete limits the offense? That said, if the oline can play like it has, Pete's plan has a far better shot of working over the last 3+ years at least. I was also equally impressed with how well the defense held out today as well. :2thumbs: :snack:

I think too many of you don't really get that Wilson is more than just his passing stats. Pete's mentioned it on more than one occasion but Wilson is primarily dialling up the run reads and helping to ensure run game success as much as pass success. He's orchestrating the total package.

If a guy can orchestrate the offense to be in a successful position in both run and pass, hit his shots when called upon, be successful in the red zone, show up in the 4th quarter when necessary, then you absolutely pay him top dollar for a QB.
That's really what the position is all about.

And I think too many of "you" forget half or more of what other people post so it fit's your vision.

I wonder why I have no problem paying him that much?

I wonder why I posted Rodgers is not "worth" that?

I wonder why I posted I think Wilson should run 2X minimum per game? :roll:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2mmd7l4g said:
Scorpion05":2mmd7l4g said:
Spin Doctor":2mmd7l4g said:
oldhawkfan":2mmd7l4g said:

Oh my goodness give it a rest. You guys rip him when he struggles. Rip him when he runs for his life. Now that he’s throwing efficiently you’re ripping him for not throwing enough.

And to that point, that is with all due respect lazy analysis. We are a run first team. But you know why teams can’t stack the box with 8-9 defenders consistently? Russell Wilson

You know why defenses have to assign one LB to spy and respect the read option? Russell Wilson. In other words, because of Russ that’s one less defender our offense has to worry about.

This team is still structured around Wilson. Teams have to game plan and can’t focus on stopping our running game. Because we have a top 5 QB. It’s a similar dilemma to what teams had to deal with last year with the Saints. How do you stop a running game when Brees can throw it over the top. As with us, how do you stop a running game when Russell can run it, throw it in tight spaces, and audible into better running/passing plays at the line. Our QB is worth every penny :177692:
Russ is not worth 30 million dollars, I'm sorry. Especially not in this style of offense. There are other QB's that could run this style. Sure, they wouldn't post the same numbers, but they could get the job done.

So you're actually saying that we could dump Russell and it wouldn't cost us any games? I disagree.

rcaido

Reaction score
StoneCold":2jkal060 said:
Spin Doctor":2jkal060 said:
Scorpion05":2jkal060 said:
Spin Doctor":2jkal060 said:

Oh my goodness give it a rest. You guys rip him when he struggles. Rip him when he runs for his life. Now that he’s throwing efficiently you’re ripping him for not throwing enough.

And to that point, that is with all due respect lazy analysis. We are a run first team. But you know why teams can’t stack the box with 8-9 defenders consistently? Russell Wilson

You know why defenses have to assign one LB to spy and respect the read option? Russell Wilson. In other words, because of Russ that’s one less defender our offense has to worry about.

This team is still structured around Wilson. Teams have to game plan and can’t focus on stopping our running game. Because we have a top 5 QB. It’s a similar dilemma to what teams had to deal with last year with the Saints. How do you stop a running game when Brees can throw it over the top. As with us, how do you stop a running game when Russell can run it, throw it in tight spaces, and audible into better running/passing plays at the line. Our QB is worth every penny :177692:

So you're actually saying that we could dump Russell and it wouldn't cost us any games? I disagree.

Dump Wilson and draft a tall game manager. Must be black enough too.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":89qdcz1q said:
doso":89qdcz1q said:
Spin Doctor":89qdcz1q said:
Scorpion05":89qdcz1q said:

Okay let Russ walk. Who did you want to pick up to replace him? I’m sure Russ will get 30M somewhere else real quick.

The question of Russ's next big contract is legit and posters should not be so quick to attack those who bring it up. The team is playing well, Russ is playing great.

We should enjoy it now, especially in honor of the great Paul Allen, and then when it's contract time, see how things shake out.

GO HAWKS!
Gotta agree with this..
There is another time for the $$$ talk and is he worth it?Of RW..The team is doing well
and playing hungry..I love the new offense and RW is adapting to it nicely.
I think we can be even better as the year goes along and the playbook expands.
The no name D is a bunch of hungry guys ..Love to watch them play.
Pete sure suprised me this year!