1st. Rd. Pick #31, Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

Reaction score
The one player I didn't want. Watch the Jags get Jack too. On a positive note we get a OL so guess thats cool. Just didn't like his tape. Glad he has a mean streak cuz that is well needed. Welcome to Seattle Ifedi.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Ifedi is going to be great the mans a monster even if he just plays guard he's a road grater not a guy that's going to get pushed around at all . 6'5 321 i like it.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Im OK with it. Could have done worse, although he needs serious improvement against the bull rush. The 3rd round pick makes this easier for me to accept.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Have to think our medical team didn't like Jack's knee.. passing on him twice makes no sense otherwise

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

This is a huge chunk of beef we're talking about.

Poke ya in the eye kinda guy.

I'm good.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Massive size and decent feet. Needs to be taught how to use his hands correctly. I like the pick for the upside though...plus he's played OL before, which is a plus!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Ifedi needs a bit of work, but look at it this way, better than drafting a 4th rnd DT and converting him to guard.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3vwz27l3 said:
Have to think our medical team didn't like Jack's knee.. passing on him twice makes no sense otherwise

Every team passed on him once...a few teams passed on him twice.

Not a coincidence.

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1z09vggp said:
...plus he's played OL before, which is a plus!

You can say that again lol. Reminds me of the Carp pick people didn't like it but he was serviceable. The third round pick helps.

penihawk

Reaction score
:pukeface: :pukeface: Bevell better start drawing up 3rd & 20 plays if they they are gonna play him at tackle. Like the trade back but the pick sucks balls!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
penihawk":oxcxqziw said:
:pukeface: :pukeface: Bevell better start drawing up 3rd & 20 plays if they they are gonna play him at tackle. Like the trade back but the pick sucks balls!

Any particular reason why you hate it?

drrew

Reaction score
Ifedi reminds me of Carpenter who turned into a very good guard, but it was painful getting there.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Ifedi and a 3rd round pick. That 3rd rounder kind of helps dampen the risk a little bit. If they can teach this guy up, he may be devastating. Seven foot wingspan, that is unreal. We have three picks in the third round this year. That is freaking awesome. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
penihawk":29h33bs1 said:

Why do you think they will start him at tackle?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I would have been happy with Ifedi at #26. The fact we got #94 out of it as well is awesome.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
titan3131":23xmaspf said:
pmedic920":23xmaspf said:
titan3131":23xmaspf said:
It's idefi I'm pissed

Why?

He's a good player and should fill a need.

I don't see the nasty bully from him. Just seems soft to me.

Agreed in that regard. For as big as he is, he seems to get pushed back a good bit like he's on skates. This is something he can improve upon though IMO. I hated Ifedi a couple months ago, but have come to accept him the last couple of weeks. Still don't like some of his tape, but he still improve the line, and I'm always happy with improvements. He has a high ceiling too, so let's see if Cable can bring out some nastiness, although it's not something you can really teach IMO.