1st. Rd. Pick #31, Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

Jeremy517

Reaction score
He's another project, this time just not a DL conversion. His technique needs a ton of work.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We needed a LT that can play Guard and he was the best LT/Guard on the board at 31. I like him better than Decker and he was a top 20 pick.

sutz

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2lx4svoo said:
Ifedi and a 4th round pick. That 4th rounder kind of helps dampen the risk a little bit. If they can teach this guy up, he may be devastating. Seven foot wingspan, that is unreal.
Actually a 3rd. ;)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sutz":1mdwlhxu said:
Jimjones0384":1mdwlhxu said:
Ifedi and a 4th round pick. That 4th rounder kind of helps dampen the risk a little bit. If they can teach this guy up, he may be devastating. Seven foot wingspan, that is unreal.
Actually a 3rd. ;)

Yup, even better. I was hoping for a 4th or 5th when I heard of the trade. I was delighted to see it was a 3rd. Broncos got a bit desperate.

jake206

Reaction score
He's going to get his jock handed to him by Cardinals and Rams front line. Sorry, I don't see how this guy is going to be the answer year 1. Word to the wise: Run Russell, run.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
jake206":2uifgd8s said:
He's going to get his jock handed to him by Cardinals and Rams front line. Sorry, I don't see how this guy is going to be the answer year 1. Word to the wise: Run Russell, run.

Who exactly was going to be the answer year 1?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
sutz":22jg2ldz said:
Jimjones0384":22jg2ldz said:
Actually a 3rd. ;)

Oops, thanks. Went back through and changed it. Lol. I lIke your answer better.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think he will be fine, look at how quick his feet are and how he gets to the next level.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Below is a link to 'highlights' from one of his games this year, against Mississippi State. I am, frankly, hard pressed to find any impressive plays in this game tape at all. At all. And these are 'highlights'. I wonder what the lowlights look like :(

I am just so sick of us evaluating offensive line talent based on measurables and athletics. WTH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nh43sOL1bY

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
drrew":1s1l32st said:
Ifedi reminds me of Carpenter who turned into a very good guard, but it was painful getting there.

Only because Carp had two huge injury set back in consecutive years.

However, imo Ifedi is much more athletic, carries his weight better, and can still be productive in a spread offense, which the Seahawks started using more with Harvin and when Lynch was out last year over the last two years.

And his time with Manziel will help him get fastly acclimated.

Again I love this pick. The kids ceiling is high, imo.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

XxXdragonXxX":2bzdtiod said:
jake206":2bzdtiod said:

Exactly. We just needed the help there, period. This dude can move.

I think the 4th is going to make this pick much more meaningful.

jake206

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":5i4s4dkc said:
jake206":5i4s4dkc said:

Exactly I would rather spend early draft capital on position that don't need alot of development... LB, DT, DE or RB

Offense Line and QB are one of the slowest developing positions. Better to use later draft picks unless he is a top 10 player.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
For what it's worth the talking heads said TAMU played him wrong and he could be great if coached up by Cable in the Hawks style of offense.

cheese22

Reaction score
They love big LG's and I bet that's where he starts. When he's ready he goes to LT. Britt can be the Jack of many positions off the bench. We get MacGovern in the 3rd to play C. Left to right is Gilliam, Ifedi, MacGovern, Glowinski and Webb. I think there is potential for this to be a good line. Second round Dline?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pete said in his season ending presser they were gonna increase the competition in the o-line and we're seeing it come to pass with two FA signings and now this draft choice. They're not done either. I think we'll see a C/G in round 3 or 4 (McGovern? ).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
PFF gave this pick a D so I feel a lot better about it now.

Really wanted Myles Jack though. Man that would have been fun

penihawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mwidswji said:
penihawk":mwidswji said:
:pukeface: :pukeface: Bevell better start drawing up 3rd & 20 plays if they they are gonna play him at tackle. Like the trade back but the pick sucks balls!

Why do you think they will start him at tackle?

I would think they will let him compete at OT before they move him to G. He is a grabber and a waist bender at this point so Cable has his work cut out coaching him. I hope I'm wrong and he turns out as a great OT. Time will tell but I think he joins the growing list of disappointing 1st round A&M Tackles.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
xgeoff":1r1xnhzp said:
Below is a link to 'highlights' from one of his games this year, against Mississippi State. I am, frankly, hard pressed to find any impressive plays in this game tape at all. At all. And these are 'highlights'. I wonder what the lowlights look like :(

I am just so sick of us evaluating offensive line talent based on measurables and athletics. WTH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nh43sOL1bY

it isn't highlights....it's every play he is on the field for that game, so it's game tape limited to only the plays he's in on. Still, this is one of the games I didn't care for watching him either. Doesn't anchor well, but that may improve.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rapoport from NFLN said the Cowboys were also trying to trade up for Paxton Lynch. Guessing that's why we were able to get a 3rd from Denver.