2-0 but...

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":353l5ojq said:
I think the point here is that the Hawks haven't won either game convincingly . Citing lucky bounces recovered by the opponents isn't a good argument . Every team including the Hawks get lucky bounces all the time . The shape of the ball seems to do that . :0190l:

For me that WAS a convincing W that was only kept close score wise because of rare turnovers and bounces and Ifedi having compromising pics of Pete.

Put aside that first Q and we dominated that game at a very tough place to win at 10:00AM. :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My eyes hurt from rolling back. They dominated that game, I don't give a rip about a close score when they are handed 14 points.

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":kamlvaat said:
Oh brother, flat out dominated the game. But let's look at the final score and ignore the fact that they gifted them 14 points. Game would have been a blowout w/out the two fluke fumbles that bounced right in to their hands. And that huge "drive" of 2 yards on the 2nd one. Why can't people just enjoy a win???
I
I enjoyed the win ; but I disagree that the Steelers were gifted anything . It was a close football game . A maybe blowout is just speculation .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. 2 Fluke fumbles that magically bounce right to a defender and basically hand them 14 points is a gift that keeps on giving. The second "drive" was like 3 years. Whoa, impressive.

kf3339

Reaction score
We're 2-0 right now. Last year we had an 0-2 record at this point. Good Lord some people want to just complain about anything.

Give it a rest and be happy!

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
sprhawk73":17zt027o said:
I'd feel a lot better if we were winning these games convincingly.

I'm not sure how I feel about Carson but getting that first down put this game away after his butter finger day

A win is a win but seeing SF go into Cinci and put up 41 after we just barely survived is concerning.

Couple things. We always start off seasons REALLY slow. Considering this, winning is less important than how we win. When you have a team that traditionally starts off slow (only to get better as the season progresses) these early ugly wins will make things easier when we start playing well as we won't be having to pull ourselves out of a hole. PLUS, we are doing this with Jarren Reed under suspension, ZIggy Ansah yet to play, and Poona out for a game. Don't sweat the ugly wins.

sutz

Reaction score
Can't wait for the "3-0, But" post next week.

:34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Not only is it never good enough to WIN a game, it has to come with a but......at the end of it. They won yesterday because Ben didn't play. Next week, they only won because Brees didn't play.
Let people makes excuses, the Hawks will rack up wins.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
xray":3qwwcybd said:
I think the point here is that the Hawks haven't won either game convincingly . Citing lucky bounces recovered by the opponents isn't a good argument . Every team including the Hawks get lucky bounces all the time . The shape of the ball seems to do that . :0190l:

Winning a game "convincingly" only matters in college.

As you (hopefully?) well know, Seattle rarely wins or loses by a very large margin.

Just how Pete rolls. But we keep having successful seasons.

I'll take it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qzh4d2hz said:
Oh brother, flat out dominated the game. But let's look at the final score and ignore the fact that they gifted them 14 points. Game would have been a blowout w/out the two fluke fumbles that bounced right in to their hands. And that huge "drive" of 2 yards on the 2nd one. Why can't people just enjoy a win???

LOL.. Because some folks love to take shit apart to see what makes it tick, and then forgets how to put it all back together. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a good point. Like in Doc Hollywood when they give him back a box of "extra parts" when they fix his car :irishdrinkers:

Schadie001

Reaction score
To me the biggest take away is that we actually adjusted. Russell got sacked 4 times early, we FINALLY switched to a quick passing game and he wasn't sacked again. Big, big improvement and I would argue the reason we are not 0-2 like in previous years. SB caliber teams seem to win the close games that are a one or two possession battle. Seattle has done that in 2 close games and came out on top. This is a 2013 type team, we are winning the could've gone either way games (although, Seattle was the better team last week).

Great start, there are no ...buts...

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
2-0 and still not happy? Just remember, to quote an old thread from an out dated forum...

2-2 is a disaster!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I look forward to reading more unhappy posts about a 3-0 start. Because it somehow didn't look a certain way :irishdrinkers: