2014 Season Ticket Pricing

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
hulbe":7gp18gpk said:
Wouldnt sting so much if I didnt have to pay full price for a preseason game.

You will have no problem selling them this year.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You know what stings? Owning season tickets in seasons when everyone in the city isn't trying to get them. During years where you don't have obnoxious johnny come lately fans crying about not being able to get season tickets. All because the Seahawks aren't good enough for them to want them in the first place. Getting stuck with extra tickets and not being able to sell them for close to face value. Giving away free tickets outside the stadium before kickoff. That's what stings.

As long as you can cover your initial payment, you got zero problems. You can sell a couple of your seats to a couple games and pay for your entire season. Heck, you can take advantage of your fortuitous situation and make a huge profit. Or you know, you could just pay for the tickets and go to the games. As many have done for years and years. Just a though.

Bstan9

Reaction score
Can someone explain the variable pricing? Does the total cost for the whole season stay the same and they just shift around the per game prices within that aggregate total?

Subzero717

Reaction score
rainger":2djcv4dv said:
Posting this question just to round my posts to 1400. But is the OP really McLoughlin? Joined 2010 and only 52 posts?

Or is this a cut and paste from another source and not shown as one?

2010 is when Peter was hired if I recall. If really P Mc shows the hawks are paying attention to .net

I cant speak on boatsandhoes but thats the copy and paste of the email P Mc sent congratulating us on getting bent over since the team is good now.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2djwhlsy said:
You know what stings? Owning season tickets in seasons when everyone in the city isn't trying to get them. During years where you don't have obnoxious johnny come lately fans crying about not being able to get season tickets. All because the Seahawks aren't good enough for them to want them in the first place. Getting stuck with extra tickets and not being able to sell them for close to face value. Giving away free tickets outside the stadium before kickoff. That's what stings.

As long as you can cover your initial payment, you got zero problems. You can sell a couple of your seats to a couple games and pay for your entire season. Heck, you can take advantage of your fortuitous situation and make a huge profit. Or you know, you could just pay for the tickets and go to the games. As many have done for years and years. Just a though.
Preach on brother man.

Even in years like this, I don't want to sell unless I can't make it and I rarely try to sell above face value to my friends.

rcambaker

Reaction score
Bstan9":3j0r99sv said:
Can someone explain the variable pricing? Does the total cost for the whole season stay the same and they just shift around the per game prices within that aggregate total?

Yes I believe that the variable pricing only effects the single game ticket prices. The season ticket prices are what is posted on the Seahawks website.

tooshort

Reaction score
Wow...both my pairs went up over 16%...still won't be selling any, but odd that both the lower end zone and upper 10 yard line bleeds I have owned for years are in the upper echelon of increases...

Odd to the tune of $480 extra bucks spent ...owwww

Rainger

Reaction score
SeaTown81":17h4aiz8 said:

Well for me I always wanted tickets but when they were easily available I could not afford them with the added cost of traveling and 2 nights hotel for each game. Now that I can afford them I cant get them. I have been a fan for 38 years But I hear your pain. I applaud you for hanging in through the lean times I have too, though not with tickets.. While in Australia I had to go to extraordinary lengths each week to be able to follow the team.

Chapow

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1vjc6r5u said:
I figured they would rive it up our ass. Don't forget, last year we also had an increase, two years in a row, totaling over 15%

THey really love the 12th man LOL I suppose the bear now goes OVER 10 bucks also

I would totally pay $10.50 for a bear. Hell, I'd happily pay like $12 for a grizzly bear.

AgentDib

Reaction score
No matter where you sit this year your tickets will be worth a lot more than face value. My tickets were worth at least double face value for every game last year. This price disparity is why there is such a long waiting list for tickets; why wouldn't you buy something for half of what it is worth if you could? This increase in ticket prices is a very small move to narrow that gap but Seahawk season tickets will still be an extremely good deal next season. Rising ticket prices are a good problem to have because it means demand for your team is increasing because the product (Seahawk home games) is increasingly attractive.

main

Reaction score
rcambaker":2qkjkngn said:
The new prices are posted on Seahawks.com as well. Under Seating Charts.
If I'm reading it right, I never knew there were two different prices depending if you bought them before 2009. Thank god I've had them longer. Go Hawks!

Barthawk

Reaction score
I am a little bewildered about the 18% increase in one season and $15 dollar a seat increase that past two years, but I will pay it. Now, the $65 a seats I have in 314 are still much better than the $85 dollar nosebleeds I sat in at FedEx field in 2003.

main

Reaction score
Barthawk":3ngqdvgz said:
I am a little bewildered about the 18% increase in one season and $15 dollar a seat increase that past two years, but I will pay it. Now, the $65 a seats I have in 314 is still much better than the $85 dollar nosebleeds I sat in at FedEx field in 2003.
I'm at 314 also. I remember the days I paid less than $1000 for 2 tickets a season. Those days are long gone. Unfortunately, the prices never go down.. only up.

Riley12

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1z4zack8 said:
You know what stings? Getting stuck with extra tickets and not being able to sell them for close to face value. Giving away free tickets outside the stadium before kickoff. That's what stings.

Yup. I've spent so much of my life trying to beg (yes, BEG) people to go to a game with me.

When my second seat went unfilled by a relative or friend, I'd usually eat the cost because I didn't want to chance
an opposing fan sitting next to me.

Occasionally, I would donate it but I would warn them that I would come back to haunt them if they sold
to a non-Seahawk fan.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I knew this was coming. As soon we started winning my seats became more expensive. To keep the package I will have to part ways with some. I wonder if the gift will be another ugly hat my kid won't even wear? ;)

A few years ago during the beast quake they sent cards after the playoffs. I wonder why they didn't continue that trend. I thought it was rather nice surprise.

main

Reaction score
HawkMeat":9i8h64ip said:
I knew this was coming. As soon we started winning my seats became more expensive. To keep the package I will have to part ways with some. I wonder if the gift will be another ugly hat my kid won't even wear? ;)

A few years ago during the beast quake they sent cards after the playoffs. I wonder why they didn't continue that trend. I thought it was rather nice surprise.
I remember getting a autographed card in the mail from one of the players..

Subzero717

Reaction score
AgentDib":26pndnos said:
why wouldn't you buy something for half of what it is worth if you could? This increase in ticket prices is a very small move to narrow that gap but Seahawk season tickets will still be an extremely good deal next season.

You are looking at this from a business (almost broker) sense rather than a fan sense. I buy tickets to go to the games. Last year I had two sets and sold my second set for face value. There are a couple few folks on this board that can vouch for that. The reason was to get them in Seahawk fans hands, to from what little I know good folks and Im stupid or nice. I wish the Seahawks felt the same instead of selling so a huge amount to brokers. Being litteraly surrounded by Niner fans during the NFCCG was a joke.

The actual increase Ive stated my opinion. The "appreciation" PA gave the 12th man, well this is it. The adding of seats and the extra revenue from that wasnt/isnt enough.

I learned a good lesson from Largent80. They got my last dime. I have a 70" and a comfy recliner.