2015 - 2016 Zags Thread

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And most if not all of you Gonzaga haters root for the Huskies in football right? How many California kids on their roster?

The Zag hate is cuz they're regularly better than the "mighty" Huskies and located in Spokane. If it were Seattle U. (my alma mater btw), you Zag haters wouldn't say shit. West siders can't freakin' stand anything from the east side being better than what you all got. This place ought to be fun after the Cougs whup the Huskies' asses Friday. Yawn.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Pasted the Huskies again but I'm still very concerned about our guard play this year. Must improve.

As far as were the Zag players are from thats about the silliest argument I've heard. Should no one root for North Carolina because they have players from all over? How about Kentucky. Hardly any players actually from that state. This is true everywhere including WSU and UW. What an incredibly silly argument only made because you don't like the team in the first place (most likely because they constantly destroy UW when they play).

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Watching DeJounte Murray play -- forgot that Gonzaga recruited him pretty hard -- but picked UW. Zags have recruited Washington players for years, and usually get a few. Gary Bell Jr. was a solid 4 year player out of Kent. Steven Grey was out of Port Angeles. Baby Stockton was a local kid of course.

Agreed that the guard play is worrisome but it just seems like stupid mistakes. Also, someone in the backcourt needs to find a shooting rhythm. Sure wish Silas Melson would be that guy but he seems terribly inconsistent so far.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Natethegreat":qdekzdpz said:
Pasted the Huskies again but I'm still very concerned about our guard play this year. Must improve.

As far as were the Zag players are from thats about the silliest argument I've heard. Should no one root for North Carolina because they have players from all over? How about Kentucky. Hardly any players actually from that state. This is true everywhere including WSU and UW. What an incredibly silly argument only made because you don't like the team in the first place (most likely because they constantly destroy UW when they play).
Great post with many examples.

It is true that the Wet Siders wish their Huskies basketball teams were any good. Lorenzo is the one who stopped the home and home again natural the Zags because he was tired of the Zags adding to their loss column every year. It will continue once again.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags should blow out Zona here. At least I hope for certain reasons :D

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
First time in a long time they're not in the Top-25. Melson replaced as a starter. Karnowski out for the last 5 games. Not great times in Zag land.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":50khwb55 said:
First time in a long time they're not in the Top-25. Melson replaced as a starter. Karnowski out for the last 5 games. Not great times in Zag land.

You think it is bad now, just wait until next year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Karnowski out for the season cuz of his back (had surgery I believe). Sucks. Hope he gets an injury redshirt and comes back next year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":bqhuwg4o said:
Karnowski out for the season cuz of his back (had surgery I believe). Sucks. Hope he gets an injury redshirt and comes back next year.

They should grant him the red shirt, he barely played this year. That's a big blow for the Zags.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3vsfemjn said:
hawksfansinceday1":3vsfemjn said:

They should grant him the red shirt, he barely played this year. That's a big blow for the Zags.
My dad told me yesterday he played in 5 games (according to the Spokesman-Review) so IMO it's going to be right on the edge as far as a redshirt goes. Don't know how many minutes he played in those games. If I had a guess and it is purely a guess, they grant him the redshirt.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
From what I have read he will be going pro next year wether in the NBA or Europe (most likely Europe).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1v4ymnxv said:
From what I have read he will be going pro next year wether in the NBA or Europe (most likely Europe).

It will be in Europe. He's too slow for the NBA.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hah Zags suck, there about to lose to San Francisco.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
You spoke to soon it seems. Definitely a down year for the Zags with Karnowski out. But they are learning to win without him now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Think we're gonna see a lot of those type of games as in 2, 3, 4 point wins over teams they used to beat by 20. Also would be shocked if they didn't lose in round one or two of the tourney.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pruo5fa said:
Also would be shocked if they didn't lose in round one or two of the tourney.

I believe that's known as "normal" for Gonzaga. :D

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3m2520io said:
hawksfansinceday1":3m2520io said:
Also would be shocked if they didn't lose in round one or two of the tourney.

I believe that's known as "normal" for Gonzaga. :D
Not always. There's been a couple three Sweet 16s and 2 Elite Eights since the mid-90s. Huskies would kill for that. So would Ducks, Cougs, Beavs, Red Hawks (Seattle U., my alma mater) and every other program in the NW.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Zags failed big time in their non-conference schedule. I don't see them cracking the top 25 unless they can somehow pull an upset against SMU in February. Road wins against against St Mary's and BYU could help them, but I'm not sure those are even considered "quality" wins.

Zags played 4 tough non-conference games, and went 1-3. Pretty much shows where they would be at if they played in a power conference.

On a good note, if Karnowski is allowed to red shirt this year and Sabonis chooses to come back, then they could be good next year with the addition of Nigel Williams Goss.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":28ca3dzq said:
The Zags failed big time in their non-conference schedule. I don't see them cracking the top 25 unless they can somehow pull an upset against SMU in February. Road wins against against St Mary's and BYU could help them, but I'm not sure those are even considered "quality" wins.

Zags played 4 tough non-conference games, and went 1-3. Pretty much shows where they would be at if they played in a power conference.

On a good note, if Karnowski is allowed to red shirt this year and Sabonis chooses to come back, then they could be good next year with the addition of Nigel Williams Goss.
What do you think the chances of Sabomis coming back are? IMO, they're slim.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3q0afyqx said:
Hawk-Lock":3q0afyqx said:

What do you think the chances of Sabomis coming back are? IMO, they're slim.

I would guess less than a 50% chance that he returns.