2016 Dallas Cowboys = 2015 Carolina Panthers.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1w9klj7n said:
Maulbert":1w9klj7n said:
What I meant about coincidence wasn't about how the schedule played out for Dallas, I know the opponents are set the day the last season ends. I'm not stupid. I meant that it might just be coincidence that they got REALLY good in a year where they had a soft schedule, but I doubt it. Also, 4th place schedule doesn't mean much. All it affected was their games against SF and TB. They would have gotten the Bears and Browns if they finished in first last season.

That's how the NFL wants it.........and that parity is one of the big reasons the NFL is such a great pro sport.

On the flip side, the Cardinals and Panthers are getting their teeth kicked in this year cause they've had to play 1st place schedules, and all the expectations and how hard teams go after them that comes with it.

The Panthers are a flawed team...in a league full of flawed teams. But the only game they truly got their teeth kicked in was @Atlanta, without their stud rookie CB and in a place they've also lost in multiple years that resulted in Super Bowl/NFC Championship appearances/1st round byes.

A confluence of factors, both of the Panthers doing and otherwise, has lead to the bottom line record, but the 1st place schedule itself meant Minnesota and Washington instead of other possibilities. https://www.google.com/amp/blackandblue ... ent=safari The Vikings whipped the Panthers in the 2nd half in a game the Panthers should have easily lead at halftime by double digits-a game also played in the hollow/surreal setting of weeklong riots. Washington is still to come.

It's felt like anything but the Panthers year so far, but I have to think the rest of the league is very much hoping the Raiders and/or Hawks can win over the next couple weeks and/or the Falcons beat the Cardinals/Chiefs, significantly lowering the odds the Panthers get in.

If they did get in, who knows.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ctrcat":3h31zdxg said:
It's felt like anything but the Panthers year so far, but I have to think the rest of the league is very much hoping the Raiders and/or Hawks can win over the next couple weeks and/or the Falcons beat the Cardinals/Chiefs, significantly lowering the odds the Panthers get in.

You seriously think the rest of the NFL is more scared of a visit from Pouting Cammy and the Carolina Kitties than a hale and hearty Seahawks team at home in the playoffs? I know I'm a Hawks fan, but...... WHAT A HOMER.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Maulbert":1do7d0be said:
ctrcat":1do7d0be said:

You seriously think the rest of the NFL is more scared of a visit from Pouting Cammy and the Carolina Kitties than a hale and hearty Seahawks team at home in the playoffs? I know I'm a Hawks fan, but...... WHAT A HOMER.

That wasn't a Hawks or Panthers either/or. Newsflash-the Hawks and Panthers may have played in every recent season, but they are not in the same division. Do you think the rest of the league would rather play the Falcons or a Panthers team on a hypothetical roll? Or, perhaps, hypothetically, the Redskins or a Panthers team on a hypothetical roll as the 6th seed? The Panthers are still banged up (Kuechly, Oher, Kalil, etc.) so winning one (which has to happen at a minimum) much less the next two will be difficult in that hypothetical, but I think we know the answer to that question.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ctrcat":1w98es2g said:
Maulbert":1w98es2g said:
ctrcat":1w98es2g said:

That wasn't a Hawks or Panthers either/or. Newsflash-the Hawks and Panthers may have played in every recent season, but they are not in the same division. Do you think the rest of the league would rather play the Falcons or a Panthers team on a hypothetical roll? Or, perhaps, hypothetically, the Redskins or a Panthers team on a hypothetical roll as the 6th seed? The Panthers are still banged up (Kuechly, Oher, Kalil, etc.) so winning one (which has to happen at a minimum) much less the next two will be difficult in that hypothetical, but I think we know the answer to that question.

Look, the Hawks getting to the playoffs is likely a foregone conclusion. However, there's still a good chance they don't get a first round bye. I guarantee teams would rather face the Panthers in the playoffs if it meant not having to travel to Seattle in the 2nd round, and for that reason, the rest of the NFC will be rooting for the Panthers to win in Seattle in 2 weeks.

Besides, the Panthers are 4-6. Do you really think anyone is scared of facing them right now?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Their offense is for real. But their defense made Blaine Gabbert look like a real NFL QB. They will lose in the play offs. No question.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ctrcat":1zaxkggk said:
The Panthers are a flawed team...in a league full of flawed teams. But the only game they truly got their teeth kicked in was @Atlanta, without their stud rookie CB and in a place they've also lost in multiple years that resulted in Super Bowl/NFC Championship appearances/1st round byes..

Cam Newton's flawed character is why the Panthers struggle.

After the SB showed the entire world what kind of integrity and leader he is to his team, not a good one. That's why the Panthers win 15 games one year and 6 the next. If Cam can keep his pouty negative personality under control, the Panthers do well..............when he decides to go into one of his famous tantrums and funks? 7-9.

Cam might be a hell of a football player, but as leader on a team that NEEDS him to lead, he's terrible.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q038pley said:
ctrcat":q038pley said:
The Panthers are a flawed team...in a league full of flawed teams. But the only game they truly got their teeth kicked in was @Atlanta, without their stud rookie CB and in a place they've also lost in multiple years that resulted in Super Bowl/NFC Championship appearances/1st round byes..

I think you're right.

Surely it has nothing to do with the backup LT, the third string center, the backup RT, the practice squad cornerbacks, the injured RBs, the missed game winning field goals etc. etc. etc.

I think you're on to something. Real genius football IQ here.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":1a941a3p said:
Sgt. Largent":1a941a3p said:
ctrcat":1a941a3p said:

I think you're right.

Surely it has nothing to do with the backup LT, the third string center, the backup RT, the practice squad cornerbacks, the injured RBs, the missed game winning field goals etc. etc. etc.

You forgot the most glaring of all-non-existent DE play for much of the year, the biggest offseason splash signing/trade (a punter) going to IR, Cam's multiple concussions and head/knee shots with no calls, etc.

Cam will be hated everywhere but Carolina, I get that, but the tact and relative restraint he's shown to his front office and the league has been commendable if not frustrating given the justification.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
But to be fair, they beat a GB team on the road when they had a winning record. They also went into Pitt and won, which is never easy.

They played who is on their schedule. And they are winning the winnable games, and by a sizable margin.

They are a much different team than the Panthers, but they are a really good team. So were last years Panthers.

If the Boys do hang onto the #1 seed and we do end up meeting them in the NFC Championship game, the big difference will be that Carolina had a great home field advantage, the Cowboys won't. That field will be like a neutral field.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":14er88mu said:
Sgt. Largent":14er88mu said:
ctrcat":14er88mu said:

I think you're right.

The Hawks have been without these players for 1 or more games all season.

LT Sowell (a below average LT, who was replaced by a guy who hasn't played OL since HS)
RG Ifedi
SS Kam
DL Bennett
DL Reed
RB Rawls
RB Prosise
TE Willson
TE Vannett
LB Morgan

Not to mention they had a horribly hobbled Wilson for 2 months.

So your injury excuse doesn't work when the whole league faces this.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":33hnkuu7 said:
I think you're right.

You should check out that Vikings roster, their kicker. It's the same roster that smacked your team around in your building and is sitting 6-4.

Largent80

Reaction score
ctrcat":161rh65v said:
Cary Kollins":161rh65v said:
Sgt. Largent":161rh65v said:
ctrcat":161rh65v said:

I think you're right.

You forgot the most glaring of all-non-existent DE play for much of the year, the biggest offseason splash signing/trade (a punter) going to IR, Cam's multiple concussions and head/knee shots with no calls, etc.

Cam will be hated everywhere but Carolina, I get that, but the tact and relative restraint he's shown to his front office and the league has been commendable if not frustrating given the justification.

LOL, you guys don't take LOSING very well. If you want to talk injuries, the Hawks have been decimated but are 7-2-1 because their QB played through injuries like nobody has ever seen. Also he is a QB that is a leader and is respected. There is such a huge difference between him and your Wittle Cammy Boy. Whining bitches while insulting Hawks fans on their own board.

Enjoy your losses and watching the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1a3bm583 said:
Cary Kollins":1a3bm583 said:
I think you're right.

You should check out that Vikings roster, their kicker. It's the same roster that smacked your team around in your building and is sitting 6-4.

Yeah, the game where Cam was sacked 8 times and Bradford was barely touched. Not going to win too many football games giving up 8 sacks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":dd6q71zu said:
Uncle Si":dd6q71zu said:
Cary Kollins":dd6q71zu said:
I think you're right.

Yeah, the game where Cam was sacked 8 times and Bradford was barely touched. Not going to win too many football games giving up 8 sacks.

So... the Vikings, despite losing just about everybody, are still better then the Panthers.

I guess I don't understand your angle.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Largent80":u7wnw2dd said:
[

LOL, you guys don't take LOSING very well. If you want to talk injuries, the Hawks have been decimated but are 7-2-1 because their QB played through injuries like nobody has ever seen. Also he is a QB that is a leader and is respected. There is such a huge difference between him and your Wittle Cammy Boy. Whining bitches while insulting Hawks fans on their own board.

Enjoy your losses and watching the Seahawks in the playoffs.
[/quote][/quote]

yea and when Russ and the offense were struggling with injuries the DEFENSE carried the team and won Seattle games

Not taking anything away from Seattle, great team.

Just idiotic to blame Cam's attitude for what's going on in Carolina.

Mizak

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2wie1rft said:
Uncle Si":2wie1rft said:
Cary Kollins":2wie1rft said:
I think you're right.

Was this the game that made Cam start whining and stuff on why he's getting hit all over the place but the refs never called Roughing the Passer? He's been crying about it ever since.

You don't see other QB's cry this much about it.

Can't wait for the Panthers-Seahawks game. I can't wait to see Cam shed a bunch of tears when dat defense roughs him up and he crys and whines and complains and pouts and gets really sad.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Hmm, some of you guys should step outside more often. So much hate for a man you have never met.

Sad!

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1zfuu9dw said:
Cary Kollins":1zfuu9dw said:
Uncle Si":1zfuu9dw said:
Cary Kollins":1zfuu9dw said:
I think you're right.

So... the Vikings, despite losing just about everybody, are still better then the Panthers.

I guess I don't understand your angle.

The Vikings D was sure healthy, locked, and loaded that day. Again, they whipped the Panthers in the 2nd half, and won the game fair and square. But if you consider the Panthers own injuries that day (Oher, Stewart), watched the game, saw a Panthers dominated box score, spent the week in Charlotte during the riots, or watched both teams over the last month, you'd be hard pressed to objectively say the Vikings would win on a neutral field tomorrow.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Anyway, I truly hope everyone here has a great thanksgiving with friends and family. Here's to an injury free weekend. See you guys next week.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ctrcat":plhwxxpr said:
The Vikings D was sure healthy, locked, and loaded that day. Again, they whipped the Panthers in the 2nd half, and won the game fair and square. But if you consider the Panthers own injuries that day (Oher, Stewart), watched the game, saw a Panthers dominated box score, spent the week in Charlotte during the riots, or watched both teams over the last month, you'd be hard pressed to objectively say the Vikings would win on a neutral field tomorrow.

And their offense?

What tosh. Turnovers and sacks still part of the box score? TDs to INTs? Come on.

I did watch the game. I also know the level of civil unrest these Viking players have been dealing with over the Summer and Fall here in the Twin Cities, also having to drive into Charlotte that day, as well as how both teams have been playing over the last month (your team went 3-1, while playing 3 of 4 at home.. yay?)

Again...making excuses about injuries and then ignoring how other teams overcame the same (literally to beat your team) is just nonsense. How would the Panthers do without their starting QB, most prolific offensive weapon, literally 4/5s of the offensive line, and a kicker with the yips? Because the Vikings are 6-4 and lost last their two games by less than 7 points.

But carry on... sure. on a neutral field your team wouldn't get their ass handed to them by an injury riddled Vikings team.