2016 Dallas Cowboys = 2015 Carolina Panthers.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ Not trying to distort the truth nor polish a turd here. For months I shouted from the rooftops, even here, about the concerns I had regarding the Panthers DE situation. The Panthers inability to protect their QB and get pressure on the opponent QB was exposed that day, producing an embarrassing bottom line result given what the Vikings were dealing with. The fact that I sincerely believe the Panthers would beat the Vikings tomorrow and have reasons for believing it matters not.

As a microcosm of the Panthers season, their most productive pass rusher, Addison, left injured in the last game. Charles Johnson, established vet who had done absolutely nothing of value, has showed a pulse in recent weeks, mimicking the Panthers flickering playoff hopes. Is it too little too late? We'll see.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":ccwie7ma said:
Sgt. Largent":ccwie7ma said:
ctrcat":ccwie7ma said:
The Panthers are a flawed team...in a league full of flawed teams. But the only game they truly got their teeth kicked in was @Atlanta, without their stud rookie CB and in a place they've also lost in multiple years that resulted in Super Bowl/NFC Championship appearances/1st round byes..

Cam Newton's flawed character is why the Panthers struggle.

I think you're right.

Surely it has nothing to do with the backup LT, the third string center, the backup RT, the practice squad cornerbacks, the injured RBs, the missed game winning field goals etc. etc. etc.

I think you're on to something. Real genius football IQ here.

Right, cause no one else has injuries or missed FG's to deal with, it's just Carolina.

So far this year we've had a gimpy QB for 6 games, no Rawls, dinged up WR corp, no Kam for 4 games and an O-line that until now couldn't crack the first team of a junior high team..................AND missed FG's. 7-2-1.

Maybe if you and the Panther coaches and media would stop babying Cam when he goes into super pout mode he wouldn't infect his entire team with his negativity when he should be leading.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ctrcat":3u2vv5uo said:
^ Not trying to distort the truth nor polish a turd here. For months I shouted from the rooftops, even here, about the concerns I had regarding the Panthers DE situation. The Panthers inability to protect their QB and get pressure on the opponent QB was exposed that day, producing an embarrassing bottom line result given what the Vikings were dealing with. The fact that I sincerely believe the Panthers would beat the Vikings tomorrow and have reasons for believing it matters not.

As a microcosm of the Panthers season, their most productive pass rusher, Addison, left injured in the last game. Charles Johnson, established vet who had done absolutely nothing of value, has showed a pulse in recent weeks, mimicking the Panthers flickering playoff hopes. Is it too little too late? We'll see.

I don't have any faith in the Falcons or Saints to pull away (not that how I feel matters). I still would think the Panthers have the most talented roster in that division. But their schedule has to be the hardest as well?

ctrcat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1d96i9uh said:
Cary Kollins":1d96i9uh said:
Sgt. Largent":1d96i9uh said:
ctrcat":1d96i9uh said:
The Panthers are a flawed team...in a league full of flawed teams. But the only game they truly got their teeth kicked in was @Atlanta, without their stud rookie CB and in a place they've also lost in multiple years that resulted in Super Bowl/NFC Championship appearances/1st round byes..

Cam Newton's flawed character is why the Panthers struggle.

I think you're right.

Surely it has nothing to do with the backup LT, the third string center, the backup RT, the practice squad cornerbacks, the injured RBs, the missed game winning field goals etc. etc. etc.

I think you're on to something. Real genius football IQ here.

Right, cause no one else has injuries or missed FG's to deal with, it's just Carolina.

So far this year we've had a gimpy QB for 6 games, no Rawls, dinged up WR corp, no Kam for 4 games and an O-line that until now couldn't crack the first team of a junior high team..................AND missed FG's. 7-2-1.

Maybe if you and the Panther coaches and media would stop babying Cam when he goes into super pout mode he wouldn't infect his entire team with his negativity when he should be leading.

Derek Anderson threw an INT on the 1 vs the Bucs, Drew Brees put up 41 points in his dome, Kelvin Benjamin was stripped by Marcus Peters, Gano vs Denver, etc. I know the QB is the fall guy, but Cam had no more control of that than Russ did causing Kenny Stills to drop a ball, Catanzaro to choke a FG, the refs to make fools of themselves at the end of a MNF game vs the Bills, and the D to come up with a huge goal line stand vs New England. Still a team game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is most likely a lost season for Carolina, but I think they will be back sooner than later. As much as I don't like Cam, he is a really talented QB, and he has a ton of weapons around him. If they can address the secondary and solidify the Oline, they have a great recipe to win. I think Carolina's front office underestimated Norman, and they got burned by letting him walk. And they haven't been able to overcome injuries to the Oline. We are very lucky to have a great OLine coach like Cable, because when guys go down, he is great at having the next man ready.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":8c31p6lm said:
ctrcat":8c31p6lm said:

I don't have any faith in the Falcons or Saints to pull away (not that how I feel matters). I still would think the Panthers have the most talented roster in that division. But their schedule has to be the hardest as well?

100% agree. IMO Carolina is still the most complete football team in that division. I'd prefer to play either the Falcons or Saints over the Panthers. But the Panthers slow start and remaining schedule will most likely keep them from making the postseason.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ugh. How the hell is it, I make a thread about the Cowboys, only using the Panthers as a barometer, and Panthers fans derail it into a thread about defending pouty boy? I wish I was still listening to people worshipping at the alter of Dak. :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":1syhrc6p said:
Ugh. How the hell is it, I make a thread about the Cowboys, only using the Panthers as a barometer, and Panthers fans derail it into a thread about defending pouty boy? I wish I was still listening to people worshipping at the alter of Dak. :roll:

Here you go champ..

200 s

ctrcat

Reaction score
Uncle Si":uzd3j0ok said:
ctrcat":uzd3j0ok said:

Definitely. Again a win in one of the next two will be difficult. JMHO but it would take winning out to honestly say the chances are better than 50%. 9-7 might, but probably wouldn't, be enough. The last four are somewhat manageable though with teams they could overtake for the division or 6 seed in the Falcons and Redskins.

Reaction score
Cam Newton has all the tools. He should be better than Tom Brady, better than Payton Manning, better than Big Ben. He has every advantage and as far as I can see, there really hasn't been a QB as gifted as Cam perhaps ever... the only person who could hold his jock when it comes to athletic talent and arm is Elway.

I think Michael Vick had a better arm n was just as athletic n faster but we saw how that ended! Cam is just a big Dude which makes him harder to bring down! Depends what type of qb u r looking for there has been a lot of gifted qbs in this league to me, As far as the rest of ur post I tend to agree with u!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think the 2016 Cowboys are actually the 2005 Seahawks. Only difference is, the NFC is a whole lot better in 2016 than it was in 2005.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dallas' window is open but next season they will need to start to pay that OLine, and that window will close when their depth disappears as they can't pay for it.. They have a great team, and are for sure a lot less annoying than the Panthers were. They are pretty dependent upon their O and As had been said often Defense wins championships.

How good they actually are will soon be decided. I do think they will be the #1 seed as rthe Hawks let that parade pass them by with the loss to Tampa. However, if and when it comes down to a bare knuckle fight with them the Hawks are a pretty tough foe who can play D and can occassionally be tough on O. If Seattle can stop Elliott, I like our chances against them with a healthy Wilson an Rawls, as our D will not allow them the easy points we saw them get against the Vikings.

I was fed up with the 2015 Panthers and Dallas is in the same boat.