2016 Free Agency Plans -- What I would do if I was JS

TwilightError

Reaction score
Graham seems to be 9M, and there is no way of getting aything even close as good for that money. He is a lock.

naholmes

Reaction score
TwilightError":1kaawdg3 said:
Graham seems to be 9M, and there is no way of getting aything even close as good for that money. He is a lock.
Jimmy Graham tore his patella late in the season and we saw with Victor Cruz that is a difficult injury to come back from. It would be optimistic to expect Graham to be back to 100% until late in the season and that is only if he doesn't suffer a setback. That $9 million could be used to bolster the offensive and defensive lines.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Erebus":1kvmxkft said:
xgeoff":1kvmxkft said:
-Chase Coffman, TE ($745k) -- I would sign this guy. I think he has potential and was once considered the best TE in the country when he was in College. Given that we are slim in the TE dept, I would sign this guy and let Jimmy Graham go.
-Cooper Helfet, TE -- Make offer. I like this guy. Is improving, is fairly athletic and we are slim at TE.
-Jimmy Graham, TE ($10 million) -- I know statistically he was having a good year, but I didn't see anything in Graham that made him look special. His replacement in New Orleans (Ben Watson) was just as productive. He was a product of the New Orleans system. And he's a liability as a blocker. Just not worth the money. I would cut him. Too bad, he seems like a good guy who fits with the rest of the guys.

You keep saying we are slim at TE, but yet we have one of the best TEs in the league when used properly. Cutting him would make us thin. With Russell's evolution, it seems safe to predict Graham could go back to that level for us. With Graham and Willson, that's a pretty good top two TEs, and better than what most teams have. We just need a third option, preferably someone who can block.

I haven't seen a whole lot that impresses me about Graham. I think he was a product of the system. Look at Ben Watson, his replacement in New Orleans. Looked just as good as Graham. Not worth the money.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Doesnt matter what you guys want to happen at this point.. schneider said that jimmy is gona be here and agreed that yall aint given him a fair shake in blaming him for the offenses struggles and sudden turn around when he left - pointed out that the turn around started vs the steelers which graham was a big part of. Yall think baldwin was gettin that open over the middle for no reason? Just like john pointed out.. thats cuz jimmy was makin plays and bein double teamed and hitched...

Glad he came out and put this subject to rest early in the offseason. Find a different player to debate

redhawk253

Reaction score
xgeoff":14g3yavn said:
Erebus":14g3yavn said:
xgeoff":14g3yavn said:
-Chase Coffman, TE ($745k) -- I would sign this guy. I think he has potential and was once considered the best TE in the country when he was in College. Given that we are slim in the TE dept, I would sign this guy and let Jimmy Graham go.
-Cooper Helfet, TE -- Make offer. I like this guy. Is improving, is fairly athletic and we are slim at TE.
-Jimmy Graham, TE ($10 million) -- I know statistically he was having a good year, but I didn't see anything in Graham that made him look special. His replacement in New Orleans (Ben Watson) was just as productive. He was a product of the New Orleans system. And he's a liability as a blocker. Just not worth the money. I would cut him. Too bad, he seems like a good guy who fits with the rest of the guys.

You keep saying we are slim at TE, but yet we have one of the best TEs in the league when used properly. Cutting him would make us thin. With Russell's evolution, it seems safe to predict Graham could go back to that level for us. With Graham and Willson, that's a pretty good top two TEs, and better than what most teams have. We just need a third option, preferably someone who can block.

I haven't seen a whole lot that impresses me about Graham. I think he was a product of the system. Look at Ben Watson, his replacement in New Orleans. Looked just as good as Graham. Not worth the money.
This cant be serious.. did you see how many tough great catches this man made in coverage.. while being hit.. or with the ball thrown poorly.. i can remember numerous times his elite hands came into play.. the dude arguably has some of the best hands in the nfl... that is rare at the te position.. put him in the offense we were running the 2nd half of the season.. hell put him in there in the 2nd half of the panthers game and i bet we dont punt on that one drive we had to... i bet we get a td on that final drive too.. he draws major attention on the field.. whats hard to understand about him freeing up our other wrs over the middle and on the edges? He draws that safety down.. big reason we didnt see lockett get so open so often on his go routes on our side of the field afterwards..

Also...... not to be overlooked.. luke wilson wasnt able to do in the following 4 games what graham did in his final game this season vs pittsburgh.. jimmy had 4 grabs for 75 yards without playing the majority of the 4th where it really became a shootout.. luke in the following 4 games!!! 5 catches for 61 yards.... yup... should we really be blaming jimmy or the scheme?

Latest posts