I predict JS will make a bold choice for HC

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Fant is one of the faster tight ends in the league. I would think he'll command $6 million per year or something north of that as a primary receiver from a team in need of immediate production. Notably north given that Fant's blocking is also improving.

Parkinson is still growing. Speculation over his peak ceiling is open ended. His current value is north of $4 million per year. Possibly well north depending on the eye of the beholder.
My gut tells me Fant could be Njoku+ in the right scheme. He’d command enough that realistically he’d have to be a top three target.

Moving off Tyler probably factors into that strategy.

Jville

Reaction score
My gut tells me Fant could be Njoku+ in the right scheme. He’d command enough that realistically he’d have to be a top three target.

Moving off Tyler probably factors into that strategy.

Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, D'Wayne Estridge, Jake BoBo, Dareck Young and Cody White are all under contract for 2024. So, 11 personnel is better positioned at the moment.

Priorities can change. But I think the senior leadership on defense side really disappointed in getting reliable productivity out of the younger players. I'm anticipating we will see a lot of casualties on the defensive side of the line.

Time will tell.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he wants Johnson but Macdonald could be a consolation and fix some areas we need help on. I know I ought be the only one but I kind of want to see what Waldron does one more year.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The only defensive guy I was interested in was Macdonald but he already has 5 interviews lined up so unlikely I guess. Maybe they already have their guy?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
The only defensive guy I was interested in was Macdonald but he already has 5 interviews lined up so unlikely I guess. Maybe they already have their guy?
Jesse Minter might be available depending on how things unfold in Ann Arbor. He’s also a Ravens defensive coaching product and quite brilliant.

sutz

Reaction score
I think they will want someone who will be available for 5+ years, no 1-2 year wonder. They think long term.

I don't know who it will be by name, but I agree it might just surprise some people.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Jesse Minter might be available depending on how things unfold in Ann Arbor. He’s also a Ravens defensive coaching product and quite brilliant.
Yep definitely an interesting candidate for sure!

12forlife

Reaction score
Isn't Parkinson still under contract for one more year? Plus, I think JS & the new coach will have to decide on what to do with Dissly & Fant. I think Dissly is for sure gone, but I kinda hope they can convince Fant to stay. Fant will need to be convinced that he'll actually be utilized. And then they could always add someone via FA/the draft.
If we Hire Johnson, I hope we resign Fant, if utilized right he could be a beast!

12forlife

Reaction score
What Job is more intriguing the NFL besides the Seahawks? Maybe San Diego with Herbert as QB? If Seattle is willing to pay, they should almost have their choice.

James in PA

Reaction score
What Job is more intriguing the NFL besides the Seahawks? Maybe San Diego with Herbert as QB? If Seattle is willing to pay, they should almost have their choice.
Not San Diego, thanks to Spanos. Washington might be attractive because they have the # 2 pick and most importantly no more Dan Snyder.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You may be right? I think some guys would like Atlanta though with a high pick and those weapons.

knownone

Reaction score
What's attractive about Seattle to a potential head coach?

We don't have a high draft pick. We don't have an established franchise QB. We have uncertainty in ownership. You're inheriting a GM whose track record is iffy over the past half-decade. What's attractive?

We're not as bad as dumpster fires like Carolina or LV. But honestly, if I were a coach, I'd instead go to LA (Herbert), ATL (loaded offense; #8 pick), NE (#3 pick), or even Washington (#2 pick).

Ozzy

Reaction score
What's attractive about Seattle to a potential head coach?

We don't have a high draft pick. We don't have an established franchise QB. We have uncertainty in ownership. You're inheriting a GM whose track record is iffy over the past half-decade. What's attractive?

We're not as bad as dumpster fires like Carolina or LV. But honestly, if I were a coach, I'd instead go to LA (Herbert), ATL (loaded offense; #8 pick), NE (#3 pick), or even Washington (#2 pick).
I think a lot of people believe John was making a lot of the personnel decisions these past 14 years and Pete’s comments at his press conference add fuel to that. A couple sources have reported this as well. Someone connected to the league said John is considered a top 5 GM by the league.

Your point about those teams being more attractive is fair. I would probably slide Seattle in after SD because of Herbert and Atlanta but I’m sure some potential coaches probably see it your way.

Seattle does have a more talented roster than some of those teams though too