2017 PFF Oline Rankings are out

SeaChat

Reaction score
I say to anyone that doubts that the Seahawks offensive line in 2017, needs to hold that thought right up and until the game is over, and they have just had their asses handed to them.

The Seahawk Offense was really coming together at the end of last season, and media reports that they have remained active in training and conditioning throughout the off season, more committed than ever, to becoming the offensive line that Tom and Pete put their reputations on the line defending all of last year.

One thing we know for sure, is that historically, your proven to be a damn fool if you doubt Pete. All these teams, coaches and commentators, that do, are going to join a long list of folks who wish they hadn't when they walk off the field, at the end of a game, where they just got their arses handed to them by the Seattle Seahawks offense.

This offense is not only going to silence all the critics, it very likely will establish itself as one of the greatest offensive lines in the history of the Seahawk franchise.

Go Seahawks !!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":34m4phhy said:
Jimjones0384":34m4phhy said:
hawkfan68":34m4phhy said:
The Seahawk are "Cleveland Browns" when it comes Oline. What's sad is the Cleveland Browns have a better OL than the Seahawks. The Seahawks have been in the bottom half of the NFL on a consistent basis the past few years. Hope that improves this season but history shows it hasn't.

Yeah, how many playoff appearances has that led to?

We're not going to the playoffs because we have a bad O-line ...

Good attitude, you will eat these words.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2kxq2uv8 said:
c_hawkbob":2kxq2uv8 said:
Jimjones0384":2kxq2uv8 said:
hawkfan68":2kxq2uv8 said:
The Seahawk are "Cleveland Browns" when it comes Oline. What's sad is the Cleveland Browns have a better OL than the Seahawks. The Seahawks have been in the bottom half of the NFL on a consistent basis the past few years. Hope that improves this season but history shows it hasn't.

Yeah, how many playoff appearances has that led to?

We're not going to the playoffs because we have a bad O-line ...

Good attitude, you will eat these words.

I think you misunderstand me.

I am not saying that we are not going to go to the playoffs, indeed I'll be shocked if we do not.

What I am saying is that having a bad O-line is not the reason we are going to go to the playoffs.

We are a team that makes it to the playoffs in spite of our glaring weakness, not because of it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
pacific101":3oypjmwa said:
One thing we know for sure, is that historically, your proven to be a damn fool if you doubt Pete.

Go Seahawks !!
Bob Kraft might disagree. Pete and John like to gamble. When you roll the dice sometimes you get craps. Get craps too often and you might lose your house.

Please! Luke Joeckel played in four games last season and they lost three of them. Calling this a "small sample" is an understatement. You can't take anything from his 2016 beyond that he was injured. I hope he comes back better than ever but it is frightening that he is our highest rated lineman, and by a wide margin!

toffee

Reaction score
Michael Oher just got released, he failed his physical and he is on concussion protocol. Dude can be signed for vet minimum but may never play due to concussion. Can he backup and mentor Fant and Ifeldi?

hawk45

Reaction score

We have more talent available for the right side (Glow, Aboushi, Ifedi who isn't as bad as Fant and has tackle as his natural position) than the left side. That's why I'm hoping our coaches move Pocic over to left tackle.[/quote]

Ifedi looked so lost last year at guard towards the end of the season I desperately hope returning to tackle feels more natural to him, allows him to think less, and offsets the fact that tackle in the NFL is so much more difficult than in college. But even if that were not true, I would still feel better about RT on the basis that Ifedi isn't a former basketball conversion project so yeah, right side worries me less.

I'm in on Pocic at LT. Anything to avoid the 8 mil bionic knee or the "he's such a great story" Fant out there.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Ifedi may very well be worse than Fant this season IMO. Fant has an excuse---lack of experience. Ifedi on the other hand was just about as bad as Fant, and Fant played the far tougher position with NO experience.

I don't see the logic in moving him to tackle and him being better (history shows the exact opposite is usually true), but I seriously hope he is better.

31. Germain Ifedi, OL, Seahawks (Texas A&M)

Snaps: 777

PFF overall grade: 37.6

Germain Ifedi has been one of the league’s worst offensive linemen in his rookie season, playing guard on a team that seems stacked with them. He has surrendered 38 total QB pressures (tied for fourth-most among guards), despite playing only 12 games, and been flagged eight times. His run blocking has at least been passable, but his pass protection needs to improve immeasurably for him to be a viable starter.