2017 Seahawks WR

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I just hope, McEvoy and Darboh, are ready to go, cause I gotta feeling they will get a lot of opportunities.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
We are a run-first team with several different skill-sets out of the backfield.

We have an improved OLine with improved depth.

We have a healthy Russell Wilson and a healthy Jimmy Graham- remember he didn't didn't even practice with the team last season between games. That's a big deal.

We traded Kearse- people happy. We cut Kasen Williams...people concerned. We decided to make sure our youth at WR stayed Seahawks. I think McEvoy picks up where Kearse left off. No drop, less experience but a higher ceiling (maybe?). Great athlete. Had to keep mcKissick, for better or worse.

I agree, the lack of experience is a bit of a concern. Our top2 pass targets are both top20 receivers in the NFL- not many teams have that. Plus we have Lockett, plus PRich. If they go down, both of them, it's a concern. A little bit. But I think McEvoy is ready...and Darboh will be fine too. When he has to be.

I think this is our best offense, top to bottom, since 2013. Ibid on the other side of the ball.

A little risk, some concern, but in the grand scheme of things I believe in Pete and John. We good.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lockett broke his leg in a freak injury. He's proven durable other than that, taking some really big shots and getting right back up.

Richardson has proven somewhat fragile but if they manage it right, he'll be ok.

McEvoy is durable and I think he'll step up. Remember, the guy didn't even play WR in college.

We can use McKissic as a WR in a pinch. We can also split Prosise out wide if needed.

I see us putting Lawler and Moore on our PS. Grayson will be on speed dial, but he still needs some seasoning. There isn't any certainty that another team will pick up Williams, although I think it's likely.

We're also deep at TE's who can split out if needed.

Our WR depth is just fine. Likely the deepest position on the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
McKissic and Prosise give us two more WR and two more RB's, they make up 4 players on some rosters, that should allow us a bit of freedom to stack another position.

Seafan

Reaction score
Anthony!":3l3itvrb said:
Josea16":3l3itvrb said:
Anthony!":3l3itvrb said:
Josea16":3l3itvrb said:
Exactly none are less then 6 feet tall so try again. This isn't Miami and Dan Marino we just haven't hit on big receivers yet. Those are considered to be 6'3" and above

ahh dud they are all 6 foot or less
So what? Baldwin and Lockett are level 1 or high 2 type receivers proven and Richardson is a level 2 receiver proven. So again WHAT IS YOUR DAMN POINT? Lol

Hit me bro.

Dude if you dont understand how having your top 3 wrs 6 foot or less then you really dont understand football. Let me help you in the RZ where there is limited space their speed and quickness means little, but size does. Did you not see what Willaims did in the the RZ, also size allows them to be able to block better, and set picks better. Size can also mean they are open even if they are covered.

RW/Bev can't figure out the RZ. I think it has more to do with RW's height than anything else. He has had the biggest RZ target in the world and can't get him the ball. Willson and Vannett are 6-5. McEvoy is 6-6. Having Kasen and Kearse doesn't make a difference. The Hawks need their receivers to be able to separate and have great hands. Kearse and Kasen are good blockers but how many OPI penalties has Kearse had? TLock and PRich have shown they are also very good blockers. Time to move on.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Darboh?

Let me repeat.

DARBOH????

We're keeping this guy and cutting Kasen Williams???

WTF????

Foghawk

Reaction score
KW's effort at blocking left a lot to be desired, especially when you consider the team puts a premium on it. I suspect this played a big part in him not making the roster. :229031_shrug:

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah, The government says they are not going to raise taxes either.

The Checks in the mail also.

randomation

Reaction score
On topic I'm excited to see whether Russ will do this year. I feel like he felt he has to get Kearse his targets because he was his friend and since Kearse couldn't get separation that led to bad things happening

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":o9g31beo said:
On topic I'm excited to see whether Russ will do this year. I feel like he felt he has to get Kearse his targets because he was his friend and since Kearse couldn't get separation that led to bad things happening
Russ was strictly targeting Kearse because he was 1-in-1 in coverage.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Anthony!":14wzu1ht said:
Josea16":14wzu1ht said:
Anthony!":14wzu1ht said:
I am concerned too, not only are 2 of our top 3 wrs injury prone, but 1 of the others is a rookie who has shown nothing, the other has limited experience. I am hoping that will start using Graham and or Wilson spread out instead of as a blocking Te. Also let's add that our top 3 wrs are 6 foot or less. This has me very concerned
I think you will see a lot of running backs used as emergency outlets ALL of them are awesome pass catchers. And just who of our top 3 is less then 6 feet tall? Because that's news to me.

Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson are all 6 foot or less.

hasn't the whole "need a QB to be 6'2 or taller" thing proved you wrong yet?

getnasty

Reaction score
You've got to feel for Kasen, I thought when he caught that back shoulder on Xavier Rhodes he was a lock. Still not sure why they went McEvoy over Williams I thought Kasen looked better on special teams too. I think he makes the team if not for Mckisics return ability but hopefully he lands somewhere and gets a shot. He definitely a one trick pony but that also happens to be a trick this team doesn't have.

randomation

Reaction score
Because the only thing Kasen did was win a few jump balls he often dogged it on effort and his blocking was subpar. McEvoy just by measurables has a much higher upside and doesn't seem to ever suffer from lack of effort.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
randomation":bqb1wcvy said:
Because the only thing Kasen did was win a few jump balls he often dogged it on effort and his blocking was subpar. McEvoy just by measurables has a much higher upside and doesn't seem to ever suffer from lack of effort.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm glad we kept McEvoy. Not worried about depth either. There's a ton of mediocre wr's that can be had via PS, FA or trade if needed.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Good chance Kasen doesn't get picked up.

A lot of good receivers got cut.

Austin Carr got cut by the Patriots, Reggie Davis by the Falcons.

Giants fans were furious they cut Travis Rudolph.

How many receivers can the Jets claim in the end?

Browns just traded for Sammie Coates too by the way. Most teams are pretty stacked at the receiver position and Williams is unproven and older than the other receivers who were just cut.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":397cdvb9 said:
I am concerned too, not only are 2 of our top 3 wrs injury prone, but 1 of the others is a rookie who has shown nothing, the other has limited experience. I am hoping that will start using Graham and or Wilson spread out instead of as a blocking Te. Also let's add that our top 3 wrs are 6 foot or less. This has me very concerned

I agree the injury concern is legit but the good news is Tanner and Darboh will get playing time and the only way we'll ever know if we have something there for sure is to put them on the field. I think it's almost a given the Richardson gets hurt again I also think this is his last year here if he does. They can't continue to carry him. Well they can but it would be a waste of a roster spot. I think Kasen will play for another team and play well.

Latest posts