2017 Seahawks WR

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd rather they kept Lawler or Williams than Tanner i'm not sold on him. Hopefully they got it right and he plays well he certainly has the potential so i'm not going to pound the table and say they got it wrong because none of these guys have seen much playing time so no one knows for sure. As far as Darboh they almost had to keep him they have to much draft capital invested to cut him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Felt bad about JS waiving Kasen.. Less now after reading about his inconsistent effort to block.
I see why they kept McEvoy for same jumpball ability and playmaking abilities. McEvoy just appears more aware of his responsibilities on plays with better measurables.
And since we only kept 2 QBs it helps that McEvoy does have qb training.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
While size and bulk does play into an advantage for a wide receiver, I hasten to point out THE GREATEST receiver to wear a Seahawk uniform was only 5’ 11” and well under 200lbs, for what it’s worth.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1zjuc8kg said:
Baldwin
Richardson
Lockett
Darboh
McEvoy
Am I missing anyone?

Just looking at our depth here.
Baldwin is a stud with no apparent injury issues.

Richardson and Lockett, Darboh have some injury concerns.

I"m worried about the depth of our WR group to be honest, it looks really skinny if any 1 on the 3 starters goes down.

Is anyone else slightly concerned?
Without Kearse and considering what a big part of his role was, who among these guys might best do the 'dirty work' job of effective blocking - also considering the renewed emphasis on the running game?

Should we expect bigger-bodied McEvoy and Darboh to get more snaps than we might be expecting, on account of that role?

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":k4p2uiay said:
While size and bulk does play into an advantage for a wide receiver, I hasten to point out THE GREATEST receiver to wear a Seahawk uniform was only 5’ 11” and well under 200lbs, for what it’s worth.

If we had 4 Largents on the field, were not concerned with running the ball or our receivers blocking.

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":4gaujowj said:
randomation":4gaujowj said:
On topic I'm excited to see whether Russ will do this year. I feel like he felt he has to get Kearse his targets because he was his friend and since Kearse couldn't get separation that led to bad things happening
Russ was strictly targeting Kearse because he was 1-in-1 in coverage.

There was a reason for that and he still couldn't get separation in 1 on 1.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
randomation":txvr16u4 said:
Siouxhawk":txvr16u4 said:
randomation":txvr16u4 said:
On topic I'm excited to see whether Russ will do this year. I feel like he felt he has to get Kearse his targets because he was his friend and since Kearse couldn't get separation that led to bad things happening

Yeah, that's part of the reason Kearse is no longer with us.

chris98251

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3jty4fun said:
Good chance Kasen doesn't get picked up.

A lot of good receivers got cut.

Austin Carr got cut by the Patriots, Reggie Davis by the Falcons.

Giants fans were furious they cut Travis Rudolph.

How many receivers can the Jets claim in the end?

Browns just traded for Sammie Coates too by the way. Most teams are pretty stacked at the receiver position and Williams is unproven and older than the other receivers who were just cut.

Browns have him, he got picked up pretty quick, good for him his effort didn't go unnoticed.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1pele36o said:
randomation":1pele36o said:
Siouxhawk":1pele36o said:
randomation":1pele36o said:

Yeah, that's part of the reason Kearse is no longer with us.

Still somewhat disagree on this, he was always the 3rd or 4th read and by that time, Russ is scrambling for his life and throwing a pass, a prayer and Kearse had no chance of coming up iwith it. watch the films.

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell still has not figured out how to throw a guy open is the reason we struggle a lot, now there is a reason I am sure, throwing guys open requires a communication sync between receiver and QB because your throwing where he is going to be. Secondly our route trees are non typical and the WR's are given a freedom to choose and improvise which creates bigger read issues. ALL THESE mean guess wrong and it's a turnover, so Russell waits till they clear and are open, most routes go out of bounds or deep that if thrown to will go out of bounds and or over heads. Bevell and Wilson play with condemns all calls are done with safety considered mostly, it's not absolute by for a large part. We do the try and fool them plays which are safe in their own right, very few gutsy plays other then 4th and 1 - 3 occasionally.

It's also why Wilson is under pressure a lot, waiting for guys to clear takes more time. That half second or more where the ball is in the air and the receiver has not made a cut or move helps with Sacks.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Looked to me like RW (uncharacteristically) threw the pass that got Darboh crunched and concussed in week 2. It took guts to catch that one, glad he didn't get dinged also by the FO for it.

Some QB's have bad reputations in the league for throwing those but RW is definitely not one of them.

randomation

Reaction score
chris98251":35vlm25c said:
Russell still has not figured out how to throw a guy open is the reason we struggle a lot, now there is a reason I am sure, throwing guys open requires a communication sync between receiver and QB because your throwing where he is going to be. Secondly our route trees are non typical and the WR's are given a freedom to choose and improvise which creates bigger read issues. ALL THESE mean guess wrong and it's a turnover, so Russell waits till they clear and are open, most routes go out of bounds or deep that if thrown to will go out of bounds and or over heads. Bevell and Wilson play with condemns all calls are done with safety considered mostly, it's not absolute by for a large part. We do the try and fool them plays which are safe in their own right, very few gutsy plays other then 4th and 1 - 3 occasionally.

It's also why Wilson is under pressure a lot, waiting for guys to clear takes more time. That half second or more where the ball is in the air and the receiver has not made a cut or move helps with Sacks.

Russ has one of the fastest times from snap to release in the NFL. He is under pressure because the line sucks end of story.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
randomation":3ksxpvcr said:
chris98251":3ksxpvcr said:

Russ has one of the fastest times from snap to release in the NFL. He is under pressure because the line sucks end of story.
Rus also consistently holds the ball longer than any other QB in the league.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Don't expect Darboh to contribute much at first. The WR learning curve is real. He's on the roster because of his potential.

Jimmy Graham is one of the best RZ options in the NFL. Add in Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy and we are fine on big receivers while Darboh develops. Size is also majorly overrated around here; there's plenty of opportunities for smaller guys like ADB to get looks with fades, screens and slants.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
randomation":1envfxly said:
chris98251":1envfxly said:

Well your reference is messed up, he gets a shot gun snap which takes longer to get to his hands, he also rolls out a lot so again longer, if your talking from cocking arm to motion and release I would buy that more.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":3c9ihn46 said:

Yeah we're to start, sorry but yes he has figured out how to throw someone open as ad has been said on numerous articles, he has also had been having one of the faster releases. So your post is wrong

hawk45

Reaction score
AgentDib":rkzh14ww said:
Don't expect Darboh to contribute much at first. The WR learning curve is real. He's on the roster because of his potential.

Jimmy Graham is one of the best RZ options in the NFL. Add in Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy and we are fine on big receivers while Darboh develops. Size is also majorly overrated around here; there's plenty of opportunities for smaller guys like ADB to get looks with fades, screens and slants.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well said.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":8dby4s91 said:
chris98251":8dby4s91 said:

Yeah we're to start, sorry but yes RE has figured out how to throw someone open as ad has been said on numerous articles, he has also had been having one of the faster releases. So your post is wrong

Bullshit, you can carry RW banner to your grave, the guy in your eyes heals all wounds, cures disease and walks on water and can create world peace as well if he wasn't playing football.

I like RW, and he is very good, but he has holes in his game whether it is him or dictated by Pete and Bevell.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":2cpe4diy said:
Anthony!":2cpe4diy said:
chris98251":2cpe4diy said:

Yeah we're to start, sorry but yes RE has figured out how to throw someone open as ad has been said on numerous articles, he has also had been having one of the faster releases. So your post is wrong

Bullshit, you can carry RW banner to your grave, the guy in your eyes heals all wounds, cures disease and walks on water and can create world peace as well if he wasn't playing football.

I like RW, and he is very good, but he has holes in his game whether it is him or dictated by Pete and Bevell.

LOL aww the truth hurts you said something that was not true I called you on it and now your having a hissy fit. Poor poor you. FYI know he has holes in his game, all QBs do, that is just not one of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":13jhsz3h said:
chris98251":13jhsz3h said:
Anthony!":13jhsz3h said:
chris98251":13jhsz3h said:

LOL aww the truth hurts you said something that was not true I called you on it and now your having a hissy fit. Poor poor you. FYI know he has holes in his game, all QBs do, that is just not one of them.

Nothing you say hurts, your a feather duster on this board that just makes everyone sneeze and should be washed really well in soap and water.

If what you say is valid his completion percentage in the Red Zone should be off the charts, but it isn't. He should see the defense and be able to read and throw where his receiver is going to be open, we all know that doesn't happen and he throws fades and very few crossing patterns and or quick curls where a receiver should be able to make a catch to a spot on the field.

Oh and the O line isn't at fault, the receivers are not either, we have had this problem almost out of the gate since Bevell has been OC, we have All Pro Doug Baldwin as a Receiver and Graham at TE as well as Lockett and Richardson who are quick guys. If he only needs 2 seconds to find and release why have we not had success?

Latest posts