2017 Seahawks WR

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":1w6lu5o2 said:
Anthony!":1w6lu5o2 said:
chris98251":1w6lu5o2 said:
Anthony!":1w6lu5o2 said:
Yeah we're to start, sorry but yes RE has figured out how to throw someone open as ad has been said on numerous articles, he has also had been having one of the faster releases. So your post is wrong

Bullshit, you can carry RW banner to your grave, the guy in your eyes heals all wounds, cures disease and walks on water and can create world peace as well if he wasn't playing football.

I like RW, and he is very good, but he has holes in his game whether it is him or dictated by Pete and Bevell.

LOL aww the truth hurts you said something that was not true I called you on it and now your having a hissy fit. Poor poor you. FYI know he has holes in his game, all QBs do, that is just not one of them.

Nothing you say hurts, your a feather duster on this board that just makes everyone sneeze and should be washed really well in soap and water.

If what you say is valid his completion percentage in the Red Zone should be off the charts, but it isn't. He should see the defense and be able to read and throw where his receiver is going to be open, we all know that doesn't happen and he throws fades and very few crossing patterns and or quick curls where a receiver should be able to make a catch to a spot on the field.

Oh and the O line isn't at fault, the receivers are not either, we have had this problem almost out of the gate since Bevell has been OC, we have All Pro Doug Baldwin as a Receiver and Graham at TE as well as Lockett and Richardson who are quick guys. If he only needs 2 seconds to find and release why have we not had success?

LOL thanks for the laughs, oh and FYI when it comes to the RZ the oline and WRs are part of the problem, as is Rw and Bevell. That all play a part, but again thanks for the laughs.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
When the OLine is resembling a sieve and barreling in on Russ 2 seconds after the snap, that is definitely a problem that leads to red zone inefficiency. I think that will be reasonably better this season.

hawk45

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":w8pjo8cf said:
When the OLine is resembling a sieve and barreling in on Russ 2 seconds after the snap, that is definitely a problem that leads to red zone inefficiency. I think that will be reasonably better this season.

I agree with this. A big back like Lacy as a legitimate threat, as well as marginally improved OL can't help but increase our efficiency in the red zone.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawk45":2pvtawjz said:
Siouxhawk":2pvtawjz said:

I agree with this. A big back like Lacy as a legitimate threat, as well as marginally improved OL can't help but increase our efficiency in the red zone.

agreed but they also need to cut back on the RZ penalties.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson is the biggest creative force in the league. His offensive line doesn’t block? His receiver can’t get open on time? No worries. Wilson will elude the pass rush, keep his eyes downfield and eventually find an open receiver.
Now that improvising causes its fair share of problems, too. He is too quick to leave the pocket at times, which causes him to miss receivers running wide open and run into sacks. Those problems are mitigated by Wilson’s ability to find mismatches before the snap and exploit them with quick, accurate throws from the pocket. He gets into trouble when those quick throws aren’t available.

7_wilson.png

Brady’s 2015 season defied all logic. At 38, he somehow got better. The four-time Super bowl champ is more mobile than he was in his “prime,” which has only enhanced his mental abilities. The guy had no problem reading a defense and going through his progressions in a matter of seconds, but now he can buy extra time in the pocket and give his receivers second and third opportunities to get open. It’s almost unfair.

1_brady.png

Missing Jordy Nelson clearly hurt Rodgers in 2015. His receivers couldn’t get open quickly, and Rodgers didn’t look very comfortable in the pocket. His pocket presence grade took a bit of hit because of that, which is the biggest reason he’s not No. 1 on this list for the second year in a row. Rodgers still boasts the most impressive combination of physical tools and mental acumen in the league. He should be the favorite to win league MVP in 2016.

2_rodgers.png

Can we take a moment to appreciate what Brees did last year? This is a guy a lot of people were writing off at this time last year, and he goes out and throws for nearly 5,000 yards while throwing to Brandin Cooks and little else. He’s still the most accurate quarterback in the league. His height has never been an issue thanks to deft pocket movement. And Brees is computer-like in his ability to diagnose and exploit defenses.

3_brees.png

Again this isn't condemning Wilson but shows he has holes and that be it design or Wilson himself is contributing to things. But looking at ratings and where Wilson needs to improve is all in the second column.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2016

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":3jibxmn1 said:
Wilson is the biggest creative force in the league. His offensive line doesn’t block? His receiver can’t get open on time? No worries. Wilson will elude the pass rush, keep his eyes downfield and eventually find an open receiver.
Now that improvising causes its fair share of problems, too. He is too quick to leave the pocket at times, which causes him to miss receivers running wide open and run into sacks. Those problems are mitigated by Wilson’s ability to find mismatches before the snap and exploit them with quick, accurate throws from the pocket. He gets into trouble when those quick throws aren’t available.

7_wilson.png

Brady’s 2015 season defied all logic. At 38, he somehow got better. The four-time Super bowl champ is more mobile than he was in his “prime,” which has only enhanced his mental abilities. The guy had no problem reading a defense and going through his progressions in a matter of seconds, but now he can buy extra time in the pocket and give his receivers second and third opportunities to get open. It’s almost unfair.

1_brady.png

Missing Jordy Nelson clearly hurt Rodgers in 2015. His receivers couldn’t get open quickly, and Rodgers didn’t look very comfortable in the pocket. His pocket presence grade took a bit of hit because of that, which is the biggest reason he’s not No. 1 on this list for the second year in a row. Rodgers still boasts the most impressive combination of physical tools and mental acumen in the league. He should be the favorite to win league MVP in 2016.

2_rodgers.png

Can we take a moment to appreciate what Brees did last year? This is a guy a lot of people were writing off at this time last year, and he goes out and throws for nearly 5,000 yards while throwing to Brandin Cooks and little else. He’s still the most accurate quarterback in the league. His height has never been an issue thanks to deft pocket movement. And Brees is computer-like in his ability to diagnose and exploit defenses.

3_brees.png

Again this isn't condemning Wilson but shows he has holes and that be it design or Wilson himself is contributing to things. But looking at ratings and where Wilson needs to improve is all in the second column.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2016

and again no one ever said he does not have holes, they all do, but for some reason some here act like only Rw does. Or act like because he has something he does not do well, he sucks, or only focuses on the hole. Also lets remember you are comparing him to guys with many more years os experience than Wilson. Do you really things Brady was always the Qb he is nor? NO it took many years to get there. RW is way ahead of the curve.

Seymour

Reaction score
AgentDib":to57i2dd said:
Don't expect Darboh to contribute much at first. The WR learning curve is real. He's on the roster because of his potential.

Jimmy Graham is one of the best RZ options in the NFL. Add in Luke Willson and Tanner McEvoy and we are fine on big receivers while Darboh develops. Size is also majorly overrated around here; there's plenty of opportunities for smaller guys like ADB to get looks with fades, screens and slants.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agree for the most part but some do and some don't. Baldwin came in his rookie year and out produced Tate in his second. If he has anything close to Lockett's first year, we are set! :2thumbs:

AgentDib

Reaction score
That would be great for our future, but if it doesn't happen I think it would be 100% fine for 2017 because of our other opportunities. A redzone opportunity in 11 personnel with Carson-Graham-Baldwin-Lockett-Darboh doesn't really beg for Darboh to get targets. He can run some split end stuff, run block for Carson/Rawls/Prosise, set screens for Baldwin and Lockett, and get a couple of targets here and there if he wins his matchup while Wilson is looking to his side.

Anthony!":3lcghsue said:
Also lets remember you are comparing him to guys with many more years os experience than Wilson. Do you really things Brady was always the Qb he is nor? NO it took many years to get there. RW is way ahead of the curve.
I think you're overly sensitive to criticisms where they don't exist. I haven't seen anybody say that RW shouldn't get that time to develop and I'd bet 95%+ of the posters here rate him more highly than ESPN did.

This is a thread about Seahawk receivers, however, and current holes in RW's game are relevant to that discussion because it affects how we analyze those receivers. For whatever reason, Russ has had trouble getting the right touch on the lob to Graham in the end zone, and he does seem to have trouble seeing the slants in the middle of the field when it gets shortened up. And it's fair to knock his pre-snap and vision compared to players who have a decade of experience on him because we're talking about the 2017 Seahawks where he's 28 years old entering his 6th season and he doesn't have all that experience yet. I haven't seen anybody making this about a long term career comparison with other QBs besides you.

Anthony!

Reaction score
AgentDib":2l1wtaag said:
That would be great for our future, but if it doesn't happen I think it would be 100% fine for 2017 because of our other opportunities. A redzone opportunity in 11 personnel with Carson-Graham-Baldwin-Lockett-Darboh doesn't really beg for Darboh to get targets. He can run some split end stuff, run block for Carson/Rawls/Prosise, set screens for Baldwin and Lockett, and get a couple of targets here and there if he wins his matchup while Wilson is looking to his side.

Anthony!":2l1wtaag said:
Also lets remember you are comparing him to guys with many more years os experience than Wilson. Do you really things Brady was always the Qb he is nor? NO it took many years to get there. RW is way ahead of the curve.
I think you're overly sensitive to criticisms where they don't exist. I haven't seen anybody say that RW shouldn't get that time to develop and I'd bet 95%+ of the posters here rate him more highly than ESPN did.

This is a thread about Seahawk receivers, however, and current holes in RW's game are relevant to that discussion because it affects how we analyze those receivers. For whatever reason, Russ has had trouble getting the right touch on the lob to Graham in the end zone, and he does seem to have trouble seeing the slants in the middle of the field when it gets shortened up. And it's fair to knock his pre-snap and vision compared to players who have a decade of experience on him because we're talking about the 2017 Seahawks where he's 28 years old entering his 6th season and he doesn't have all that experience yet. I haven't seen anybody making this about a long term career comparison with other QBs besides you.

You said "And it's fair to knock his pre-snap and vision compared to players who have a decade of experience on him because we're talking about the 2017 Seahawks where he's 28 years old entering his 6th season and he doesn't have all that experience yet. " This makes no sense, on one hand, you say its fair to compare him, and on the other you say he doesn't have. those to things don't match at all.

All that said this started with one person saying something was a short coming which was not, I actually agree his lob passes need work, I don't agree with the slant or pre snap as even announcers have said he does a good job of that.

as I said I have no problem saying he has holes every QB in the league including Rodgers and Brady do. but let's not make it out like he has holes that don't exist or more than he really does. The reason to make it about long term career is because of who you are comparing him to, look at back the ones he is being compared tp, they all have way more experience and some of the things he and now you are saying are holes, are things you only gain with experience.

Josea16

Reaction score
randomation":22otn7d5 said:
https://twitter.com/pff_steve/status/786015899845361664?lang=en

Wilson's time from snap to release was 2.54 seconds stop this bs the line sucks and cable needs to be axed yesterday, that's including the 8 plus second plays of him running around covering for the line sucking
And it's flat obvious he's making the line adjustments and checking out of called plays beyond that he's a bad man again and serious help is coming.

Anthony!

Reaction score
randomation":2djfxeww said:

Wilson's time from snap to release was 2.54 seconds stop this bs the line sucks and cable needs to be axed yesterday, that's including the 8 plus second plays of him running around covering for the line sucking

Okay FYI our line has been a bottom of the league in pass protection every year since Rw has been here, they have sucked, this year we will see.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Josea16":2xkleitn said:
randomation":2xkleitn said:

And it's flat obvious he's making the line adjustments and checking out of called plays beyond that he's a bad man again and serious help is coming.

YEs, he is, despite what some say. Amazing what being healthy can do for you

chris98251

Reaction score
So from the Shot gun how long does it take the ball to get to Wilson? Have him catch it, get his grip read the field, find his target and then throw, your saying he does this in 2.54 seconds, I would like to know how long the ball is in flight from snap to Wilson, that removes at least 1 second, then he has to catch secure and grip that has to be a second, he reads the whole field, the defense and all 4 or 5 of his options makes the decision and winds up, releases the ball in .54 seconds.

Pretty Awesome he must be a APPLE computer.

randomation

Reaction score
A. Apple's boot time isn't that great even on SSDs. If you want something fast to boot you want barebones. B. 2.54 puts him in the top 10 range and isn't at all out of the question for him. C. It doesn't take 2 seconds to receive a snap, 2 seconds is a longer time than you think. D. Stop being condescending especially when everything you claim is based on conjecture and faulty guessing.

chris98251

Reaction score
randomation":2utrxhzv said:
A. Apple's boot time isn't that great even on SSDs. If you want something fast to boot you want barebones. B. 2.54 puts him in the top 10 range and isn't at all out of the question for him. C. It doesn't take 2 seconds to receive a snap, 2 seconds is a longer time than you think. D. Stop being condescending especially when everything you claim is based on conjecture and faulty guessing.

Snap, back 7 yards, grip and secure, read and react, not condescending at all and you have digital stop watch that can break this down by .001 hundredths of second to prove your argument? If not your not proving anything but making blanket statements because you don't know where they started the count from now do you. Nor do you know how long from snap to Wilson a ball takes to get there, how long it takes to secure or how long it averages to take to read and react.

Prove it and I will won't bring it up again, if not then don't tell people they are condescending argumentative, put it up or deal with the arguments.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's no secret that Wilson can be a camper sometimes. Ironically, I think it got worse last season given that he was a little antsy from the rush being in his head from the OL while also favoring the legs. It's also no secret that most of the entire board complains about the number of bubble screens. These also went up last year along with some more specifically designed plays for 1 read, hot, or checkdown type plays. His average for snap to release is never going to show the whole picture. We've been over this.

Wilson has taken on a lot the past two years. I don't know that he's still calling line protections, but that was a big deal. It slows things down, forces Wilson to think more pre snap about what the defense is doing instead of just playing. Then the injury hit in last year and really derailed a lot of things.

I'm expecting bigger things from RW this year. He used to annoy me when he talked, but the kid has sort of grown up a lot with the trials of the past couple of years and I think fatherhood and family life has helped him grow as much as anything he's done football wise. I think this is the year that everything comes together where he can just see and play.

That said, and I'll continue to say it, but a QBs best friend is the running game and a renewed emphasis on the run game this year should make Wilson even better as well.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seafan":3s1yi3y4 said:
Anthony!":3s1yi3y4 said:
Josea16":3s1yi3y4 said:
Anthony!":3s1yi3y4 said:
ahh dud they are all 6 foot or less
So what? Baldwin and Lockett are level 1 or high 2 type receivers proven and Richardson is a level 2 receiver proven. So again WHAT IS YOUR DAMN POINT? Lol

Hit me bro.

Dude if you dont understand how having your top 3 wrs 6 foot or less then you really dont understand football. Let me help you in the RZ where there is limited space their speed and quickness means little, but size does. Did you not see what Willaims did in the the RZ, also size allows them to be able to block better, and set picks better. Size can also mean they are open even if they are covered.

RW/Bev can't figure out the RZ. I think it has more to do with RW's height than anything else. He has had the biggest RZ target in the world and can't get him the ball. Willson and Vannett are 6-5. McEvoy is 6-6. Having Kasen and Kearse doesn't make a difference. The Hawks need their receivers to be able to separate and have great hands. Kearse and Kasen are good blockers but how many OPI penalties has Kearse had? TLock and PRich have shown they are also very good blockers. Time to move on.

Haha. yup. too short

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
chris98251":1prgazvl said:
randomation":1prgazvl said:

Snap, back 7 yards, grip and secure, read and react, not condescending at all and you have digital stop watch that can break this down by .001 hundredths of second to prove your argument? If not your not proving anything but making blanket statements because you don't know where they started the count from now do you. Nor do you know how long from snap to Wilson a ball takes to get there, how long it takes to secure or how long it averages to take to read and react.

Prove it and I will won't bring it up again, if not then don't tell people they are condescending argumentative, put it up or deal with the arguments.

Hundredths or thousandths? So confused.

Latest posts