2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Crizilla

Reaction score
Royals play with more team energy. That's what I've liked about them the last few years. Seemed like they got in the Ms heads a little bit

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":jsfwvvnt said:
Moore did a fantastic job tonight. 8 innings, 3 runs. Unfirtunately our top 4 hitters were terrible.

No doubt. Moore has really looked solid. Outstanding command of his pitches with a good slider. Looks very promising.

And several guys in the lineup have been struggling lately. Haniger is in a major slump. I'm not sure why although he is just a rookie and as the league adjusts to him, he needs to adapt as well.

I have no idea why Servais has used Powell as DH instead of Heredia. Heredia has been consistent all year, hitting .282 with some pop and is worthy of much more playing time. I think Powell is a Dipoto guy and will be given more chances than he probably deserves.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":20hkn6an said:
XxXdragonXxX":20hkn6an said:
Moore did a fantastic job tonight. 8 innings, 3 runs. Unfirtunately our top 4 hitters were terrible.

No doubt. Moore has really looked solid. Outstanding command of his pitches with a good slider. Looks very promising.

And several guys in the lineup have been struggling lately. Haniger is in a major slump. I'm not sure why although he is just a rookie and as the league adjusts to him, he needs to adapt as well.

I have no idea why Servais has used Powell as DH instead of Heredia. Heredia has been consistent all year, hitting .282 with some pop and is worthy of much more playing time. I think Powell is a Dipoto guy and will be given more chances than he probably deserves.
If he was the real Boog Powell -We would all be happy but this is the weak version.
For those who don't know:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boog_Powell

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Moore has walked ZERO batters in his 15 innings that's what I really like.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Felix just has no command out there today. Walking guys and falling behind in the count is a recipe for disaster. It's kind of sad seeing Felix now when we all know the type of pitcher he was a few years ago.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Felix needs to realize he doesn't throw 97-98 anymore. Too many hitters sitting on pitches. When a guy hits the first pitch you throw for a homerun, he knows what's coming.

His fastball is below average now. His pitches used to be so good he could
"Throw himself" out of innings. He needs to learn how to pitch, now that his stuff is average at best.
Less is more, and he needs to start pitching backwards. Get away from the "we need establish the fastball" BS.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":es2vg4np said:
Felix needs to realize he doesn't throw 97-98 anymore. Too many hitters sitting on pitches. When a guy hits the first pitch you throw for a homerun, he knows what's coming.

"Throw himself" out of innings. He needs to learn how to pitch, now that his stuff is average at best.
Less is more, and he needs to start pitching backwards. Get away from the "we need establish the fastball" BS.

They should have traded him last year or the season before (hindsight is 20/20) when he still had some value. He's rapidly becoming a below average pitcher with no trade value. It may be time to release Felix. He's used up and not effective anymore.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2vgmuu3m said:
XxXdragonXxX":2vgmuu3m said:

Moore has been fantastic so far. What a pleasant and welcomed surprise. It's a small sample, but he looks like a professional pitcher. Thst's something that's been lacking with this team for quite some time.

Heredia is deserving of do much more playing time, it's ridiculous. If Servais can't see that, shame on him. Dyson is solid, don't get me wrong, but Heredia should be starting. If anything, Haniger should be the rotational outfielder at the moment.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3ofdx8mz said:
Sports Hernia":3ofdx8mz said:

They should have traded him last year or the season before (hindsight is 20/20) when he still had some value. He's rapidly becoming a below average pitcher with no trade value. It may be time to release Felix. He's used up and not effective anymore.
Those are fighting words round these parts :141847_bnono:

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect they started Powell over Heredia because of the lefty-righty thing. Might not be the best way to do that, but there it is. That's why they're switching Valencia and Gamel between 2 and 7 in the lineup.

Not saying I agree with that idea. Hell, Gamel had great splits as of the end of June.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You certainly don't win playoff berths in July, but you sure can work yourself out of one. I don't know what to make of this team. I was all aboard the hype train after they swept the Tigers, and now look where we are. One step forward, two steps back.

I don't want to throw the towel in on Felix, but yesterday I was wondering who we have a better chance winning with, Felix or Bergman. This team is going to have some tough decisions to make in the next month. Buy or sell? I think it's pretty clear that if we don't get at least one more quality starting pitcher, this team won't make the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Game might already be over. Vargas has been good this season, we are going to need at least 5 runs if we want to win.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2d3c7f6o said:
Something happen to Segura?

Other than being awesome and hitting that HR to straight away CF, I think he's fine.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2k9g8ysw said:
Bobblehead":2k9g8ysw said:
Something happen to Segura?

Other than being awesome and hitting that HR to straight away CF, I think he's fine.
OK cause I thought he got replaced by Motter at SS.

My bad,, must not have had my glasses on.. it said 3B for Motter. I was worried.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Is it that time of the year already? My annual, "Typical Mariners, the Season is over post?"

That certainly was a creative way to lose, getting to the best pitcher in the AL on the year for 6. only to stop scoring and then get caught from behind.

More runners left in scoring position and then a homer to lose.