2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":615bhmf6 said:
Uncle Si":615bhmf6 said:
I have to say I've already lost interest. The last two games were just unbearably stupid.
Sadly, you are not alone. They have to get the ship righted this homestand or their will be tons more joining you.

We used to go to quite a few games with my neighbors at the time back in the early 1980's and their dad and grand dad. The dad said if Seattle isn't out of the pennant race by May, it's a minor miracle. I hope they are not slipping back to the dark ages.

The Mariners have been in the dark ages for pretty much their entire existence. I'm not sure how we can really slip into it, when we have been living in it for 40 years. We have been to the playoffs four times. Four times in 40 years. Other than their run in the mid 90's to the early 2000's, the team has been horrible. We are most likely the worst franchise in MLB, and it would be hard to name 5 professional American sports franchises that are worst than the Mariners. I've said it many times, but we are the Browns of baseball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Been a fan since the beginning,I don't know that I have ever seen a M's team start off in this way.We know if they are this lousy come June/July it will be time to say goodbye to most of the talent and start the rebuild process.A new manager will also be likely,I wish they would hire Hoyer away from the Cubs to do this rebuild.I just don't have faith in these Angels castoffs in the FO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lets see what they can do on this homestand. I'm hoping for 6-3, anything below .500 is unacceptable.

It's becoming more clear to me that Paxton will likely be our best starting pitcher this season.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
This team cannot score with bases loaded. Once again bases chucked and no outs then strike out strike out pop up. Way to go

I stand corrected

sutz

Reaction score
DJrmb":1zmnav97 said:
Baseball is not Football and you can't watch them the same. Things will even out, it's just going to take time. For whatever reason this group just seems to start seasons slow (sound familiar to any other Seattle team? lol)

With that said last night was infuriating! I was yelling profanity at my TV and I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy haha. I missed a little bit of the 9th, can someone explain to me why the manager didn't pull Diaz after giving up 3 runs and clearly not being able to throw a strike? I didn't think our bullpen was emptied out yet was it? Was he just being stubborn?
Well, to be honest I don't think anybody else was ready. Hell, with a 6 run lead in the 9th, you don't expect to need many pitchers. Diaz has been good for us so far. I just hope this meltdown doesn't screw him up for any long period of time. That's the kind of game that'll get into a player's head, especially a young kid like him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":19nkf993 said:
Lets see what they can do on this homestand. I'm hoping for 6-3, anything below .500 is unacceptable.

It's becoming more clear to me that Paxton will likely be our best starting pitcher this season.
Pax is the ace that we need to build around..Felix and Kumo are in their last years I think.I agree lets see how the homestand goes but unlike last year I just will not hang around hoping they will snap out of it

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hanniger is looking like the steal of the Segura-Walker trade. Happened to look at Taijuan's stats today, pretty much what you can expect from him, 4.91 ERA through two games. So glad we got rid of him, that trade looks great for us as of now.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":27qhe5os said:
Hanniger is looking like the steal of the Segura-Walker trade. Happened to look at Taijuan's stats today, pretty much what you can expect from him, 4.91 ERA through two games. So glad we got rid of him, that trade looks great for us as of now.
Pax has been great so far. Felix and Kuma haven't been that bad, it's the rest of the team that let them down those starts.

Pitching was not too bad until that fiasco in LAA. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2sb49j42 said:
Sports Hernia":2sb49j42 said:
Uncle Si":2sb49j42 said:
I have to say I've already lost interest. The last two games were just unbearably stupid.
Sadly, you are not alone. They have to get the ship righted this homestand or their will be tons more joining you.

We used to go to quite a few games with my neighbors at the time back in the early 1980's and their dad and grand dad. The dad said if Seattle isn't out of the pennant race by May, it's a minor miracle. I hope they are not slipping back to the dark ages.

The Mariners have been in the dark ages for pretty much their entire existence. I'm not sure how we can really slip into it, when we have been living in it for 40 years. We have been to the playoffs four times. Four times in 40 years. Other than their run in the mid 90's to the early 2000's, the team has been horrible. We are most likely the worst franchise in MLB, and it would be hard to name 5 professional American sports franchises that are worst than the Mariners. I've said it many times, but we are the Browns of baseball.
Trust me, I've lived their history, as a 8 year old that loved baseball I went to game 2 in 1977, and watched em get shut out 7-0.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1ho3m9a9 said:
Hawk-Lock":1ho3m9a9 said:
Pax has been great so far. Felix and Kuma haven't been that bad, it's the rest of the team that let them down those starts.

I'm glad I went. Pax dominated! Once the offense broke the seal and scored the hitting took off.
I hope Segura isn't out long. The rookie Haniger looked good at the plate, and almost made an incredible catch into the wall.

All-around a well played game by Seattle today. :2thumbs:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ykklh2a said:
sutz":2ykklh2a said:
Hawk-Lock":2ykklh2a said:

I'm glad I went. Pax dominated! Once the offense broke the seal and scored the hitting took off.
I hope Segura isn't out long. The rookie Haniger looked good at the plate, and almost made an incredible catch into the wall.

Glad you got to see a great home opener! This is the year Paxton becomes an all star and dominant lefty in the league. One step at a time, but the bats are beginning to come around too.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":awqrbear said:
Sports Hernia":awqrbear said:
sutz":awqrbear said:
Hawk-Lock":awqrbear said:

Glad you got to see a great home opener! This is the year Paxton becomes an all star and dominant lefty in the league. One step at a time, but the bats are beginning to come around too.
Thanks. I'm with you 100% on Pax, he just need to stay healthy.

sutz

Reaction score
Was a pretty good outing overall. Segura is a concern. Hate hammie injuries, they can linger for a long time, and as a shortstop, he needs those muscles for all the quick starts and stops. OTOH, Motter is no slouch for a young'un.

Crazy thing is, they kept 8 in the pen, now they are a bit short on everyday players. :34853_doh:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":bf5izqr9 said:
Sports Hernia":bf5izqr9 said:
Uncle Si":bf5izqr9 said:

Nope you never heard of the 1995 season? It was the greatest season in MLB history, haven't you ever listened to any sports radio around hear?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Haniger has as many home runs this year as Martin does hits. Every MLB'er with a home run has more home runs than Martin does RBI's. Cespedes hit 3 dingers tonight. Martin has 3 hits all year. The only way is up, folks.

For the first time I'm starting to lose patience with Servais.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm worried about the back end of the rotation. Miranda struggled last night, and his first outing could have been much worst if not for working out of some jams in Houston. Lets see what Gallardo can do tonight. Motter played well last night, hopefully he can keep that up while Segura is out. They had a chance to rally last night, but Cano and Cruz came up empty when they had their chances.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":6e71ehyy said:
I'm worried about the back end of the rotation. Miranda struggled last night, and his first outing could have been much worst if not for working out of some jams in Houston. Lets see what Gallardo can do tonight. Motter played well last night, hopefully he can keep that up while Segura is out. They had a chance to rally last night, but Cano and Cruz came up empty when they had their chances.
It's pretty sad that I've seen half of their total win count in person. :cry:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2vo7qtsw said:

Motter looks like a really intriguing player-incredibly versatile. I'm not sure what to expect out of Gallardo this year. Our pen is of utmost concern at the moment. The bats should come around, especially when Segura is healthy.

I think Miranda will be alright. I love his stuff and movement and never underestimate the ability to work out of jams-it appears he has the ability to bear down for a little extra.

DJrmb

Reaction score
This umpire tonight has been completely inconsistent. I can't wait for the day that they go electronic for balls and strikes.

Latest posts