2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. It's clear that he has a TON of wear and tear on his arm for his age. If they get good 3rd starter level out of him, I'm sure they'd be happy with that. Not worried at all about Paxton either. And Leake and Gonzales looked excellent. 3-2 start is pretty solid. The sad thing about Felix' career is that in his prime, he had maybe the worst run support in the history of the league. Could have EASILY won 40 to 50 more games. It was maddening to see him go 8 innings and give up a run or two and have them score zero or 1 run to match.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not worried about Paxton, the only part about him that worries me is his health. Can he give us 30 starts this season, that is unclear. Leake might be the most sure guy in the rotation, as he has durability and has shown to be a solid #2/#3 starter. Lets give Felix more time before we write him off, but I think at best he is probably a #3 starter, and worst case scenario is that he is no longer starter material.

Dipoto just never fixed the starting rotation, and I think it is going to come back to bite us. If Paxton does go down, we are looking at a pretty ugly rotation.

I still have my doubts about the team with how the AL is constructed. We aren't winning the division. One of the wildcards will come from the AL East, that basically leaves us one spot to compete with multiple teams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, my god they were snake bitten last year. Just a ridiculous amount of injuries, especially to pitching.

sutz

Reaction score
Pax did OK through 5, but gave up a 2 run dinger to tie in the 6th, so he's out of the running as pitcher of record. Had thrown 96 pitches.

Damn hitters score 2 in the 1st and couldn't add on through 5. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Runners on 1st and 3rd and no one out and they can’t score. :34853_doh: :pukeface:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
What a terrible game. What were they, 2-17 with RISP. Ugh. I know it's early, but Seager is a major problem. He's just a black hole in the heart of the lineup.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah his slow starts are getting REAL OLD. Maybe he needs to start spring training in the middle of November.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3o14kfp8 said:
Yeah his slow starts are getting REAL OLD. Maybe he needs to start spring training in the middle of November.

Seager can't hit in April and into about mid may. He has been a rally killer.

Horrible loss. I think ms win today with a healthy offense. I think its a 4-5 run lead before twins scored.

Chapow

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3o9zrck7 said:
What a terrible game. What were they, 2-17 with RISP. Ugh. I know it's early, but Seager is a major problem. He's just a black hole in the heart of the lineup.

And unfortunately, Healy has started off even worse than Seager. Having those two back to back in the lineup is killing a lot of very promising innings right now. Gordon and Segura are getting on base a ton, but if Cano or Haniger is an out, it's basically inning over with Seager and Healy up next.

Even though it's very early in the season, I'd like to see them switch something up. Maybe sit Healy for a game or 2 and get him a little extra 1 on 1 time with Edgar and try to figure out what's going on, and in the mean time, start Vogelbach at 1st and, hell, I don't know, maybe Motter at DH?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else, but nothing annoys me more than leaving guys on base. And the M's are ridiculous good at it. Painful

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They need to drop Seager and Healy in the lineup. That usually get guys attention, and if that doesn’t work sit em for a bit.

sutz

Reaction score
OK, that's what the good teams do. Take an early lead, then tack on more as the game goes on. Healy with a 3 run double and Heredia a 2 run homer in the 8th to make it 10-3.

Oh, and Seagar with a 2 run homer. ;)

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seager and Healy coming up big today. Healy only 1 for 4 but that 1 was huge. He has been getting good contact all year just nothing getting through.

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3gvbcc12 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/shannondrayer/status/982725825660416000[/tweet]
Yeah, nice milestone. Always hate for players to have something like that hanging over them. Hopefully, it continues.

Cano has apparently got a hit in every game so far.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":2m3shxn1 said:
KitsapGuy":2m3shxn1 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/shannondrayer/status/982725825660416000[/tweet]
Yeah, nice milestone. Always hate for players to have something like that hanging over them. Hopefully, it continues.

Cano has apparently got a hit in every game so far.
M's are solid..Pitching is their ?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Man, that was a great game today. I lived how they kept their for on the pedal to put Minnesota away. So glad to see Seager (and Healy to an extent) break out. Heredia too. He's on of my favorite players on the team. I loved watching him come along last season. He should be the starting left fielder right now. He's a young, exciting, promising, and hungry player. Servais should be getting him more time, especially over Ichiro.