21st and 29th picks this year

LTH

Reaction score
trade trade trade....I think there is a DE in this draft that they really like a lot...they have a huge hole to fill...they are very young at DE I would be surprised to see someone they draft start so i would think they would sign some vets to compete.. but ya never know i put nothing past JS and PC...

LTH

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":ukpkfon7 said:
DomeHawk":ukpkfon7 said:
chris98251":ukpkfon7 said:
DomeHawk":ukpkfon7 said:
They will probably trade down but I would try to get our two biggest needs filled.

1. Edge rusher

2. Wide receiver

if you are paying a QB 35 million a year you better go out and get him some receivers. We can pay a guy considerably less to just hand off the rock.

Can we put a cork in this rhetoric please, deal with it it's done.

My opinions are not rhetoric, they are my opinions.

If you don't have anything to bring to the discussion, might I suggest that you put a cork in your endless egotistical sarcasm.

More BS, typical from you.

Yeah Wilson is just a guy, we could have got by with Lynch or maybe bring back Brock Huard, Hell Hugh Millen for that matter. for hand offs since that ALL WE DO IS HAND THE BALL OFF.

Where did I say any of that? Don't put words in my mouth. We are spending 35 million for a QB, it only makes sense that we get him some receivers. I am sorry if that simple logic escapes you.

If you have a point to make, make it, your personal attacks don't add anything to the discussion.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ua1t3kqv said:
chris98251":ua1t3kqv said:
DomeHawk":ua1t3kqv said:
chris98251":ua1t3kqv said:
Can we put a cork in this rhetoric please, deal with it it's done.

If you don't have anything to bring to the discussion, might I suggest that you put a cork in your endless egotistical sarcasm.

Yeah Wilson is just a guy, we could have got by with Lynch or maybe bring back Brock Huard, Hell Hugh Millen for that matter. for hand offs since that ALL WE DO IS HAND THE BALL OFF.

Where did I say any of that? Don't put words in my mouth. We are spending 35 million for a QB, it only makes sense that we get him some receivers. I am sorry if that simple logic escapes you.

If you have a point to make, make it, your personal attacks don't add anything to the discussion.

Says the person who attacked first, you are a piece of work, talk about Ego and Narcissism, 35 Million will be a bargain by next year. Need to pull your head out, he's in his prime and has not had a serious injury, if you want Arena Football maybe you should pick a team to follow. You are the one that stated we are a hand off team and that 35 million for a balanced attack is a waste of money.

Based or YOUR comment here.

We can pay a guy considerably less to just hand off the rock

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1sqy2asx said:
DomeHawk":1sqy2asx said:
chris98251":1sqy2asx said:
DomeHawk":1sqy2asx said:

Says the person who attacked first, you are a piece of work, talk about Ego and Narcissism, 35 Million will be a bargain by next year. Need to pull your head out, he's in his prime and has not had a serious injury, if you want Arena Football maybe you should pick a team to follow. You are the one that stated we are a hand off team and that 35 million for a balanced attack is a waste of money.

First of all, I am not the person who attacked first, my post did not include anyone's link. Nor did I say ANYTHING about a balanced attack. NOR did I say ANYTHING about whether 35 million was a waste of money or not. What I did say was that we need WR's if we are going to have the highest paid QB in the league. At this point without Baldwin, we are only one injury away from simply NOT having the capability to have a "balanced attack."

You read things into posts that are simply not there.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":37kduetc said:
chris98251":37kduetc said:
DomeHawk":37kduetc said:
chris98251":37kduetc said:

First of all, I am not the person who attacked first, my post did not include anyone's link. Nor did I say ANYTHING about a balanced attack. NOR did I say ANYTHING about whether 35 million was a waste of money or not. What I did say was that we need WR's if we are going to have the highest paid QB in the league. At this point without Baldwin, we are only one injury away from simply NOT having the capability to have a "balanced attack."

This was not an attack, ok Teflon man. You seemed to miss the quoted portion of just hand the ball off, If I recall that is usually to a running back so running game which is not a passing game, for someone that claims to be a player of some sort this lack of understanding seems comical. We have WR's many have stated we need one to supplement the possible loss of Baldwin if not now then the future, but you don't need a stable of number one picks to do this, Antonio Brown wasn't a number one after all nor several others. We will never be a arena type passing team although I am sure many would like us to try.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":3f8d9c6z said:
DomeHawk":3f8d9c6z said:
chris98251":3f8d9c6z said:
DomeHawk":3f8d9c6z said:

This was not an attack, ok Teflon man. You seemed to miss the quoted portion of just hand the ball off, If I recall that is usually to a running back so running game which is not a passing game, for someone that claims to be a player of some sort this lack of understanding seems comical. We have WR's many have stated we need one to supplement the possible loss of Baldwin if not now then the future, but you don't need a stable of number one picks to do this, Antonio Brown wasn't a number one after all nor several others. We will never be a arena type passing team although I am sure many would like us to try.

Telling me to "put a cork in it" is not an attack? Again with the suppositions, where did I ever say that we should be an "arena football team" or even that we should be a passing dominant team? Seattle hasn't had a #1 receiver in a long time, it's time we go out and get one. But yes, I think it's crazy to pay someone 35-mil a year and then not give him the tools he needs to succeed.

Everyone has their opinion, quit being such a know-it-all.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":5mc2rmkm said:
chris98251":5mc2rmkm said:
DomeHawk":5mc2rmkm said:
chris98251":5mc2rmkm said:

Telling me to "put a cork in it" is not an attack? Again with the suppositions, where did I ever say that we should be an "arena football team" or even that we should be a passing dominant team? Seattle hasn't had a #1 receiver in a long time, it's time we go out and get one. But yes, I think it's crazy to pay someone 35-mil a year and then not give him the tools he needs to succeed.

Pot meet kettle, you seem to think you are an authority here in this forum, laughs uncontrollably, no wonder J left.

Fact is you won't keep a true number 1 past his first contract, Syd Gillman and Don Coryell retired. Pete want's a ball control offense and that will not change no matter who is lined up outside.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":2rvf1q3r said:
DomeHawk":2rvf1q3r said:
chris98251":2rvf1q3r said:
DomeHawk":2rvf1q3r said:

Pot meet kettle, you seem to think you are an authority here in this forum, laughs uncontrollably, no wonder J left.

If you pay attention you will notice that my "authority" posts are almost always posted with a link. i try to include some background.

But it's funny, when my kids started playing junior football some of the parents wanted me to coach because I had played football. I declined, because first of all, I wanted my kids to get used to listening to and respecting their coach. I told the parents that my background did NOT make me an expert and in fact just the opposite because I had to concentrate so hard on playing my position that I couldn't possibly had time to learn everyone else's position. What I do bring to the table is an understanding of what these players go through and how difficult it is to actually play the game instead of being a chronic sideline critic who never did jack-shyt.

And yes, J gets butt-hurt when I call him on a post that is inaccurate. If that makes me a bad guy then I guess I'll just have to live with that.

kobebryant

Reaction score
21: I’m going with one of the exciting DL prospects that could be available- Simmons, Wilkins, Lawrence, Gary, Ferrell, Burns.

For the sake of discussion let’s call the next pick ‘29-45’

There’s a number of different directions I’d like to go there:

WRs - Hollywood, Harry, Parris, Butler, McLaurin

OL- McGary, Cajuste, Lindstrom, Bradbury, Risner, Little, Ford, McCoy, Deiter, Jenkins

DB: Gardner-Johnson, Savage, Thornhill, Abram, Adderley

Though you could also double up on the front 7 with someone like Winovich or Allen.

I’m hesitant to miss out on that Oline group given that next years OL class looks really thin.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seanhawk":34ec6f08 said:
HawkGA":34ec6f08 said:
They should trade out so their first pick comes on a day Infinity War isn't premiering.

Too late. They took Rashad Penny on the day Infinity War came out.

Ah crap. End Game!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I really hope they don't reach on a guy like Chase Winovich. For the the love of God Pete don't draft a tweener.

massari

Reaction score
These two guys please

[youtube]_q85XIWiTEE[/youtube]

If not Sweat, Gary/Ferrell/Burns are fine too.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I have no evidence to support this, just a gut feeling, but I'd be OK with them staying far away from Monteaz Sweat. He just feels like a career underachiever to me.

getnasty

Reaction score
With an extra one i'm liking the idea of Simmons more and more. I know everyones a gamble but when you trade a proven talent for picks it would just make me feel better knowing i got a top 5 talent with the pick. If only how i felt somehow influenced Pete and John

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":1dyjrbab said:
They will probably trade down but I would try to get our two biggest needs filled.

1. Edge rusher

2. Wide receiver

if you are paying a QB 35 million a year you better go out and get him some receivers. We can pay a guy considerably less to just hand off the rock.

Watching ESPN TV mock draft last night where they echoed my thoughts almost exactly and took an edge rusher with #21 and a WR with #29. "They need to go out and get Russell Wilson some playmakers" they said.

Yeah, I know, I have a remarkable ability for stating the obvious.

chris98251

Reaction score
ESPN Mel's always wrong as is most their other experts, the fact they have us keeping both picks by itself screams that.

We may keep 29 I am still on the fence there, but 21 is a position I think that comes up big for a trade and more picks, just far enough out of top 10 and 15 to not be an obvious pick for a team but high enough for a impact guy some team likes and that they would give up enough to make it worthy to do.

D

DomeHawk

I still like WR N'Keal Harry and he might fall to Day #2. Averaging almost a thousand yds every season for three yrs he has been incredibly consistent. Runs crisp routes, catches the ball with his hands, and is a load after the catch. Has the length (6'4") and frame (228lbs) the Seahawks have been looking for. Low risk pick.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/n'keal-ha ... 72ec2d4468

Edit: Compares favorably with Larry Fitzgerald's combine results.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ombine.htm

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":131z0aas said:
ESPN Mel's always wrong as is most their other experts, the fact they have us keeping both picks by itself screams that.

We may keep 29 I am still on the fence there, but 21 is a position I think that comes up big for a trade and more picks, just far enough out of top 10 and 15 to not be an obvious pick for a team but high enough for a impact guy some team likes and that they would give up enough to make it worthy to do.

Of course they're wrong, everybody is but they were using each teams assigned ESPN reporter for input. I was simply referring to needs. I think that they will trade at least one of those for addl picks and ESPN acknowledged as much also given our history.

In either case, it's going to be a fun day!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think they'll have an unrealistic list of players to stick and pick for, and I think they'd try to trade up if one of Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams had a big fall to, like, pick 12 for some reason.

My IDEAL draft would have them somehow come away with Brian Burns at 21, and then AJ Brown and Chauncey Gardner-Johnson after trading out of #29. I'd be fine with packaging a 2020 pick into some sort of deal to make that happen.