2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":dwm73b1n said:
Seymour":dwm73b1n said:
StoneCold":dwm73b1n said:
Why are people upset about something that hasn't happened?

Because God is in charge and Sherm gave him every reason with his criticism to throw the book at us? Because we've been busted 4 times in 6 years? Just a couple of guesses.

Simmer down.

Simmer down? You asked. God = Goodell you know???

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":2e6vnt54 said:
StoneCold":2e6vnt54 said:
Seymour":2e6vnt54 said:
StoneCold":2e6vnt54 said:
Why are people upset about something that hasn't happened?

Because God is in charge and Sherm gave him every reason with his criticism to throw the book at us? Because we've been busted 4 times in 6 years? Just a couple of guesses.

Simmer down.

Simmer down? You asked. God = Goodell you know???

I say simmer because it hasn't happened yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":2b7sd2kc said:

I'll agree with that. I'm actually a bit more concerned with Pete's mental awareness making such a ridiculous statement when there was no need for it myself. That HAS already happened.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A few of my thoughts:
(1) MAYBE, just maybe, PC heard rumors or faint rumblings that the NFL might investigate them and by confessing, he hoped to lessen the penalties, by self reporting? If that were the case, after this obvious oversight by one or more of his subordinates (I'm sure PC doesn't do injury reporting himself), would PC really be as "dumb" as being said on this blog?

(2) I've often thought that the Seahawks need to add another assistant coach whose *primary duties* include assurance of *COMPLIANCE* to all of the NFL/CBA rules. They obviously need someone watching out for this kind of stuff. Pay for him out of the savings from not being fined $ and draft picks. That could only help in the future seasons.

(3) An obvious way of NOT having this kind of problem with injury reporting is to list every player on the active roster that has so much as a hangnail. Almost every player has to deal with minor injuries throughout the season, were exactly is the "serious injury" line and exactly what injuries have to be reported, and which can go unreported? Not sure that is very clear at all. Also, Goddell and Hitler must be related.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":29gc7tqx said:
(3) An obvious way of NOT having this kind of problem with injury reporting is to list every player on the active roster that has so much as a hangnail.

That's called the Patriot way. Belichick was tired of the confusing injury report rules, so he just started listing every player as questionable.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
When I first heard this story, I was absolutely floored. I can believe I'm saying this ... but I think I'm really starting to empathize with and understand just where Patriots fans are coming from. I mean, COME ON. The NFL rules are such a joke as it is -- tell me they wouldn't actually go there and take away a 2nd. On second thought, this is Roger Goodell we're talking about here -- of course they would. Oh how I wish the NFL today could be like it was in the days of Pete Rozelle.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Seymour":21ojkgh7 said:
StoneCold":21ojkgh7 said:

I'll agree with that. I'm actually a bit more concerned with Pete's mental awareness making such a ridiculous statement when there was no need for it myself. That HAS already happened.

Pete's mental awareness??????? Are you freaking kidding me??????

If it wasn't for Pete we'd be like the Rams, enjoying yet another losing season, year after year.

Enough with the Pete bashing. You think you could do better, go put on a whistle. Or go find us a coach who could take us to the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years.

Being perfect is easy when you're sitting on your couch, watching the replay.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
mikeak":29tqejui said:
What is the fourth violation?

Two training, this and ?

Blurring this out during an interview and using those words is as impulsive and STUPID as going for two when up 7.....
Going for 2 when up 7 is in my opinion very smart. 2 possesion game.

JimmyG

Reaction score
chris98251":p3sow5tp said:
OTA'S and contact if minimal and made an issue of due to being aggressive, non disclosure of injury, not the same rules infraction and should be treated differently since they are different situations.
That's like saying Spygate and Deflategate should be treated differently because they were unrelated. Goodell came down hard on the Patriots because of repeated offenses, and it's looking he he will come down hard on us for the same thing.

There's simply no excuse for us to continue violating these rules. It doesn't matter how minor/inconsequential the stuff is. No matter what spin we put it on, we come off looking poorly. At best, it makes the coaches and front office look aloof, at worst it makes us like like we're trying to skirt the rules for a competitive advantage.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if there are nefarious intentions or not. The fact of the matter is that this is now our 3rd/4th violation in only a few years. It is inexcusable. If this was happening to another franchise and not us, I'm guessing a lot of people here would be humming a different tune.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
From the policy itself: "It is the club Public Relations Director's responsibility to obtain and disseminate accurate injury and practice participation information. It is the responsibility of the clubs to review unusual situations with their Conference Football Communications Director to determine if a player should be included on the Practice Report. When in doubt, it is best to include a player on the report."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1851 ... brown-more

Maybe we can email that person for an answer?