2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":a1d7d19l said:
What do the ota violations have to do with this? You can't chuck someone in prison for littering just because they once did time for drug dealing.

Unfortunately it sets a pattern or precedence of bad behavior. It could be different personnel on the field during OTAs or practices, but the precedence is set. They are responsible to the coaches to learn the rules and abide by those rules as they are being paid by the organization to implement them rules.

While the game is harsh and people get hurt playing in that playground, they still have rules that apply. Remember the terms Above Reproach...and I am a Seahawk fan all the way. Kinda surprised the niner fans have not slapped that in our face.

Finally, the slap in the face of the team for not obeying the rules is sound but may be a bit harsh. If it changes the pattern of behavior to the positive, so be it. The learning curve should be impressed upon the young students known as rookies, and UDFAs.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3h3t627k said:
UK_Seahawk":3h3t627k said:
What do the ota violations have to do with this? You can't chuck someone in prison for littering just because they once did time for drug dealing.

Unfortunately it sets a pattern or precedence of bad behavior. It could be different personnel on the field during OTAs or practices, but the precedence is set. They are responsible to the coaches to learn the rules and abide by those rules as they are being paid by the organization to implement them rules.

While the game is harsh and people get hurt playing in that playground, they still have rules that apply. Remember the terms Above Reproach...and I am a Seahawk fan all the way. Kinda surprised the niner fans have not slapped that in our face.

Finally, the slap in the face of the team for not obeying the rules is sound but may be a bit harsh. If it changes the pattern of behavior to the positive, so be it. The learning curve should be impressed upon the young students known as rookies, and UDFAs.

"Above reproach" was a niner tern coined by Jed York it's completely irrelevant here.

Personally I think injury reports are utterly stupid but that is largely irrelevant. I find this cumulative punishment for different "offences" to be a nonsense also. Where does it end? Will a team eventually lose an entire draft for something minor just because the coach has been there a long time and has racked up various issues beforehand? That's the other thing do the punishments reset when you get a new coach? What about a new FO or owner? Or is it if you go a certain amount of time without an incident? If the latter how long?

It's crazy when you start to think about it. For fairness you have to treat each individual issue in a vacuum unless it has been previously repeated much like the substance abuse program escalates for players. Talking of which should a player be dealt with more severely for being ejected from a game if he's been in the substance abuse program as that is what people seem to be advocating in relation to the Seahawks.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lad531b said:
dutchman063":1lad531b said:
Only people that really care about injury reports is Vegas.. and they are pretty salty right from the HUGE losses they have been taking so far on this years playoffs.. so im sure they are all over the NFL for this

I'd say the other team's we were playing during Sherman's injury might have been interested to know about it.

Nope, not a big enough concern for the opposing team

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hate the rule and I think the punishment being talked about is ridiculous but I won't blame the league if it gets sent down. It's our 4th violation and Pete literally spilling it without being prompted and on his own is baffling. It's hard to defend the Seahawks and Pete here.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
A few things:

First: We're definitely losing a pick, only question is will it be a two or can we talk ourselves down to a 3 or 4.

Second: Pete wins the bone head of the year award for snitching on himself

Third: I partially blame Sherman, Pete was so quick to jump to his cranky players defense that he let it slip.

Fourth: Blame Vegas, but really it's the fantasy footballers who benefit the most from the injury report.

Fifth: The Bill Belichicky snorty retort to this punishment would be to list basically the entire roster on the injury report next year. I think Tom Brady was questionable with a shoulder for like 5 years in a row.

Sixth: Going that route opens you up to more criticism and potential fines/lost picks if you screw up again ie deflategate bs

Popeyejones

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3pnfxbl0 said:
Seahawkfan80":3pnfxbl0 said:
Remember the terms Above Reproach...and I am a Seahawk fan all the way. Kinda surprised the niner fans have not slapped that in our face.

"Above reproach" was a niner tern coined by Jed York it's completely irrelevant here.

LOL WHUT?

"Above reproach" was a term evoked by Jim Harbaugh, and he was quoting Bo Schembechler about how you don't want to give your opponents excuses for why you beat them.

It has nothing to do with Jed York and it's highly relevant to this situation, IMO, as lying on injury reports (like getting caught for practice violations (Seahawks), busted for PEDs (Seahawks and many others), deflating footballs (Patriots), pipping in crowd noise (Falcons), cheating on the salary cap (9ers, Cowboys, Redskins), etc., etc.) give your opponents excuses for why you beat them.

Harbaugh definitely erred in talking about another team's issues, but I'd be damn near shocked if PC himself didn't agree with the sentiment of what he said.

LOL also at trying pin what Harbaugh said on York now that Harbaugh isn't around to despise anymore. :lol:

(Maybe for York you're thinking of wanting to "win with class", which was the turn of phrase he used when explaining why the team was divorcing itself from Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith).

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ldigzws said:
UK_Seahawk":3ldigzws said:
Seahawkfan80":3ldigzws said:
Remember the terms Above Reproach...and I am a Seahawk fan all the way. Kinda surprised the niner fans have not slapped that in our face.

LOL WHUT?

"Above reproach" was a term evoked by Jim Harbaugh, and he was quoting Bo Schembechler about how you don't want to give your opponents excuses for why you beat them.

It has nothing to do with Jed York and it's highly relevant to this situation, IMO, as lying on injury reports (like getting caught for practice violations (Seahawks), busted for PEDs (Seahawks and many others), deflating footballs (Patriots), pipping in crowd noise (Falcons), cheating on the salary cap (9ers, Cowboys, Redskins), etc., etc.) give your opponents excuses for why you beat them.

Harbaugh definitely erred in talking about another team's issues, but I'd be damn near shocked if PC himself didn't agree with the sentiment of what he said.

LOL also at trying pin what Harbaugh said on York now that Harbaugh isn't around to despise anymore. :lol:

(Maybe for York you're thinking of wanting to "win with class", which was the turn of phrase he used when explaining why the team was divorcing itself from Ray McDonald and Aldon Smith).

Either way it's more nonsense coined by the niners and isnt relevant to this discussion.

HawkGA

Reaction score
mikeak":2ia6avrb said:
W is as impulsive and STUPID as going for two when up 7.....

Just for the record, that was brilliant and even caught BB off guard.

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
There's no excuse for Pete to be this dumb. If he doesn't bring it up himself, its not looked at twice. These teams already know that not disclosing a injury is against the rules and something you do not do.
So you can't chalk it up to them not being aware of the rules and the punishment that follows.

Last year the league investigated the Colts to see if they played Luck with fractured ribs and hid the injury behind his hurt shoulder, so they wouldn't have to list both.

Bottom line for me is that these teams know the rules and it doesn't matter whether Sheman missed time or not, it's a matter of did you know that he was injured and if you knew why didn't you follow the protocol put in place to make sure the players are safe.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JumpmanXhawk":1glw54lv said:
There's no excuse for Pete to be this dumb. If he doesn't bring it up himself, its not looked at twice. These teams already know that not disclosing a injury is against the rules and something you do not do.
So you can't chalk it up to them not being aware of the rules and the punishment that follows.

Perhaps he wasn't being "dumb" then. Maybe he was aware that it Sherman's injury was out there, or was going to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":l73kwdz0 said:
JumpmanXhawk":l73kwdz0 said:

Perhaps he wasn't being "dumb" then. Maybe he was aware that it Sherman's injury was out there, or was going to be.

Nope. It was purely off the cuff gut response trying to defend the fragile ego of his player that everyone's been piling on.

Maybe if Pete stopped defending and making excuses for Sherman's terrible behavior, he might grow the hell up.

Anyone see that Sherman's "serious" MCL sprain has miraculously healed in time for him to play in the Pro Bowl?

ringless

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":zhnazd24 said:

So if someone gets arrested for drug dealing, and then gets arrested for robbery which are two different crimes. Why is it that a person with a 2nd, unrelated arrest is likely to get a stiffer sentence?

All 4 times were a violation of the CBA. Just different infractions under that AGREEMENT.

I really don't think what Seattle did was a big deal. I understand why some people think it's a stupid rule. But the issue is is that Pete Carroll knew what he was doing admittedly, he took a gamble, and he lost. So Seattle will end up paying the price

chris98251

Reaction score
OTA'S and contact if minimal and made an issue of due to being aggressive, non disclosure of injury, not the same rules infraction and should be treated differently since they are different situations.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":2uhuatqj said:
OTA'S and contact if minimal and made an issue of due to being aggressive, non disclosure of injury, not the same rules infraction and should be treated differently since they are different situations.

That's the fatal flaw in all of this, and the NFL's penalty system as a whole.............there's no defined or published rulebook. It's purely league office/Goodell discretion.

Having said that, don't you think after violation #3 Pete would know better? Not sure why people here are angry at the league, they should be angry at our coach for not cleaning up this nonsense.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Why are people upset about something that hasn't happened?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hedgehawk":2y43rwmw said:
You've got to be kidding me. This off season has certainly started well.

THIs

ARe you shitting me

How do we potentially lose a 2nd round pick when ....and correct me if im mistaken...Sherman was hardly if ever actually on the injury report and played every game?????

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":1pgpc844 said:

Because God is in charge and Sherm gave him every reason with his criticism to throw the book at us? Because we've been busted 4 times in 6 years? Just a couple of guesses.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":146jeeft said:

True, but unless this is all BS and Pete was covering for Sherman's butthurt feelings year and there was no actual injury.......then something will happen.

The severity we don't know, but it'll happen unless it's BS and Sherman and his agent verify that. Seems to be the only way this goes away unpunished.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":1qduq8uw said:
StoneCold":1qduq8uw said:

Because God is in charge and Sherm gave him every reason with his criticism to throw the book at us? Because we've been busted 4 times in 6 years? Just a couple of guesses.

Simmer down.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
This front office has become a joke. About ready for a complete overhaul.

Latest posts