2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

JimmyG

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p5ugufe said:
SoulfishHawk":3p5ugufe said:
Andrew Luck played with broken ribs for 5 weeks, nothing was reported. Blake Bortles played the 2nd half of the season with a separated shoulder, not reported.
But hey, I guess certain teams and players have their own set of rules. Total BS. :roll:

For the 3rd time, yes if this was our FIRST violation like your two examples the league would just give us a slap on the wrist.

But we're into violation #4, and like Brady getting spanked, the league likes to send a message when you continually break the rules.
Exactly. Nicely said.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
So... I don't see the huge deal here. He took a calculated risk, and will pay the price. That's the way it works.

seabowl

Reaction score
The only question I have is why in the hell as a head coach in the NFL do you say to the media that you've been hiding an injury for half a season?

How dumb can you be??????

inda2o6

Reaction score
If we lose that pick, does it free up money the team would of used to sign that player up for use elsewhere? I can't stay focused on te negative, gotta look for positives somewhere... :? I would like the team to consider how productive Kearse was and maybe take the cap hit. The carrey william money should be gone and beast mode stayed retired, does that make more money available that they would of had to use? I've been locked up a long time and lost my original account. .net has changed alot since in the 7 years i've been gone.

Seymour

Reaction score
inda2o6":1wqzcctv said:
If we lose that pick, does it free up money the team would of used to sign that player up for use elsewhere? I can't stay focused on te negative, gotta look for positives somewhere... :? I would like the team to consider how productive Kearse was and maybe take the cap hit. The carrey william money should be gone and beast mode stayed retired, does that make more money available that they would of had to use? I've been locked up a long time and lost my original account. .net has changed alot since in the 7 years i've been gone.

Losing a draft pick saves no money and in fact will likely cost more, here is why. If that 2nd round pick takes a roster spot that a veteran held (which can often be the case), then the rookie contract in all likelihood would be cheaper to have on your roster than the person they replace.

ringless

Reaction score
inda2o6":4zjkpdf6 said:

The average 2nd round pick from last years draft got a contract that averaged 1.2 million per. So with the 27th pick you are likely talking about 1 million per. So no it's not a cap savings because now you likely will have to address the spot you were going to draft for in free agency, and lost the pick. The free agents salary is likely to be more.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3jleq4u5 said:
I don't think Pete did anything every other team does. It looks like his mistake was revealing it after the fact. You covered it up all year, why blurt it out now?
I know right!

Pete seems like he doesn't think things through now.

I mean, if you're going to not disclose information, potential costly information, then don't reveal it, ever!

Don't just conceal it for however long it's been and think, "Wait, the season is over, I can now tell everyone."

What are you thinking, Pete?!?!

This is just another decision, we'll keep wondering why, Pete, why?!

Enough is enough, if Pete makes another horrible franchise hurting decision, I think it may be time to seriously consider letting Carroll go.

Listen, I appreciate Carroll has gotten the Seahawks its first and only Super Bowl (should have been 2) but you cannot keep justifying decisions he makes. The latest decisions he had made have not come in the best interest of the team.

Just my two cents.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3eqwvuje said:
WindCityHawk":3eqwvuje said:
I don't think Pete did anything every other team does. It looks like his mistake was revealing it after the fact. You covered it up all year, why blurt it out now?
I know right!

I mean, if you're going to not disclose information, potential costly information, then don't reveal it, ever!

Don't just conceal it for however long it's been and think, "Wait, the season is over, I can now tell everyone."

Enough is enough, if Pete makes another horrible franchise hurting decision, I think it may be time to seriously consider letting Carroll go.

Listen, I appreciate Carroll has gotten the Seahawks its first and only Super Bowl (should have been 2) but you cannot keep justifying decisions he makes. The latest decisions he had made have not come in the best interest of the team.

Just my two cents.

I don't think we are anywhere close to letting Pete go. We have seen the 30+ years prior to Pete, and don't miss it. He does have some flaws (not focusing on stopping penalties, keeps coaches he probably shouldn't, makes stupid "brainfart" type mistakes like this), but he also brings a certain moxy that makes guys play like a team. He creates an atmosphere for players to reach their potential. Whether the coaches underneath him can take advantage of that potential efficiently is up for debate.

mikeak

Reaction score
What is the fourth violation?

Two training, this and ?

Blurring this out during an interview and using those words is as impulsive and STUPID as going for two when up 7.....

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":31yrm3we said:
So... I don't see the huge deal here. He took a calculated risk, and will pay the price. That's the way it works.
The big deal is, don't snitch on yourself!

He didn't have to pay the price! That's why it's a big deal!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3jyxkaqj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3jyxkaqj said:
WindCityHawk":3jyxkaqj said:
I know right!

Just my two cents.

I don't think we are anywhere close to letting Pete go. We have seen the 30+ years prior to Pete, and don't miss it. He does have some flaws (not focusing on stopping penalties, keeps coaches he probably shouldn't, makes stupid "brainfart" type mistakes like this), but he also brings a certain moxy that makes guys play like a team. He creates an atmosphere for players to reach their potential. Whether the coaches underneath him can take advantage of that potential efficiently is up for debate.

The thing with Carroll's flaws are, some if not most were completely avoidable.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
maybe we can trade kearse for the second rounder we are going to lose? ok...maybe not....off season off to a horrible start..

Reaction score
mikeak":2ky0fa1z said:

Two training, this and ?

Blurring this out during an interview and using those words is as impulsive and STUPID as going for two when up 7.....

2012 training camp. 2014 training camp. 2016 training camp and now this. 4 CBA violations.

mikeak

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2z9jft8l said:
mikeak":2z9jft8l said:

Two training, this and ?

2012 training camp. 2014 training camp. 2016 training camp and now this. 4 CBA violations.

Didn't realize the 2012 training camp - thanks!

I must say that the four penalties are interesting. So if you do like the Browns and change coaches every year does the it reset to zero every time? Here should be some structure like a 3-5 year timeline where penalties from the past are relevant. I am not arguing that what was done wasn't stupid and that we shouldn't get a harsh penalty because we again fail to follow very very simple rules. Just that more structure would be helpful to the league.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I used to think Carroll was the master of keeping things close to the vest and a very intelligent coach, motivator and champion for the community. Now with this and a few other questionable decisions the last couple years, I really have no idea what the hell is going on in his head. Why say anything at all in that situation?? Just deflect the question!

I'm forever grateful for our SB title and consistency the last 5 years, but this entire organization is becoming rather bizarre. There's no telling what's going to become of this offseason.

Rob12

Reaction score
Largent80":1dddkxj5 said:
If he didn't practice or miss games I could see it, but he played almost every snap.

Doesn't matter. Read the rules. The Seahawks broke them.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What do the ota violations have to do with this? You can't chuck someone in prison for littering just because they once did time for drug dealing.

London12

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":33gidhu8 said:
What do the ota violations have to do with this? You can't chuck someone in prison for littering just because they once did time for drug dealing.

Stop with the sense ok?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As I see it the Hawks have three problems:

1) completely unprompted PC used the language of the rule book to declare that the team probably violated the rule.

2) Under his stewardship and if you believe his unprompted admission of guilt the Seahawks are four time repeat offenders of CBA practice violations, and the NFL, across all matters, goes nutso of repeat offenses.

3) Including both playoff games Sherman missed practices in 10 of the 12 last weeks of the season, meaning that from when PC said the injury occurred there were only two weeks in which Sherman didn't miss practices, whereas he didn't miss any practices before the purported MCL injury occurred. All of those practices missed from week 9 on were officially listed as non-injury related, which is what's causing the problem here (only a problem because PC essentially said that they SHOULD have been listed as injury related and that injury should have been disclosed).

Latest posts