#3 RW out for MINIMUM of 3 weeks ??? (Speculation)

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I expect Russ to start against the Jets. Whether it's a smart move is to be seen but I'm quite certain he'll at the very least suit up.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
How would a 'league source' know how bad Wilson's knee is?

Did the Seahawks send a group email to the other 31 teams with the MRI results?

'FYI -- here are the details on Wilson's injury so you can plan accordingly. All the best, the Seahawks'

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Not sure I understand why his status with the Jets is such a focus. It seems quite clear to be that he will start even if inhibited by a sore knee, that's how im classifying the minor MCL tear that he has.

The question is whether the club should force him to rest it until the Cardinals post the bye week. It seems unlikely that PC will bench him in favour of Boykin for this, assuming Wilson can complete the basic passing drills in practice, fully expect RW3 to suit up and start on Sunday.

I'm, unlike Wilson's knee, quite torn on the matter. Part of me thinks Boykin will give us a chance to win a low scoring game against the Jets and think Wilson could do with a couple week break to help his health and mobility. Then I start dreaming of no 1 seed and not having RW out there seems sacrilege....

Seymour

Reaction score
If there is a chance Russell is not going to play against the Jets, someone might want to tell Pete that he now has no backup QB on the roster. :snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
Confidence inspiring shot of our backup QB. :mrgreen:

IZ0Vhuk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basis4day":3zmqrd40 said:
I realize we all want to have the most up to date information. But Google searching RW and relying on a click bait blog post found on page 3 of the results doesn't do anyone any good.

Who is Jordan Shultz? Why quote a "league source"? The only people with any clue would be a source in the Seahawks org.

Here's what happened. He was told by someone related to the NFL what the average length of time missed for an Mcl sprain is. Then he covered himself by posting this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/780499368365400065[/tweet]

Always consider the source. Especially from " some dude on Twitter."

It's hard to take the guy seriously when he makes it sound like Wilson has had a history of injuries, and despite all these injuries, Wilson plays through them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sammyc521":um1g0nr9 said:
Is Kam the emergency QB or is it John Ryan?

Gotta be Ryan. 1-1 for a TD....100% QBR has to be about 150 or so.

chris98251

Reaction score
I guess that line of unemployed QB's looking for a shot outside the VMAC must have influenced this guys writings, guess Zak Brooks signing was our emergency Wishbone option in case Wilson doesn't play.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I would think that we would have picked up another qb by today if Russ wasnt playing, or if it was even questionable. We just made some roster moves, but a QB wasn't one of them. I don't believe we even have one on the practice squad. It might not be a bad idea to altleast have one picked up, or even maybe another positional player that played the position a bit earlier in their career, like edelman is for the patriots. Having NO 3rd option with russ having 2 injuries he is nursing seems pretty questionable.

Maybe I am wrong and we do have a 3rd option already that I am not aware of, but if not, it could really bite us.