3rd best in the division?

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
Polaris":23hlikig said:
Team Patera":23hlikig said:
I've never seen Heath Evans hate on the Hawks.

Google his analysis just before the Saints vs Hawks game in the 2013 season. If you believed him, the Hawks were no match for Brees and Jimmy Graham, and it was going to be ugly for Seattle. I grant he wasn't the only one that held that PoV, but he should have known better and he was one of the most vocal about it.

The regular season game or the playoff game? I watched one of his commentaries before the regular season game regarding crowd noise and he was very complimentary of the Hawks. Not saying he didn't badmouth us, I don't like him either, I'd just like to listen to him confirm why I don't like him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Well for 1 I do not think we go to #3 in our division. It will be tougher, but I think the moves we made on dline and with Graham I think we will be fine.

OP
OP
O

openureyez

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":i7ic7a3x said:
With current injuries and/or suspensions, I wouldnt trade any of our position groups for an NFC Rivals.

QB- Ill take Wilson
RBs- 49ers would be appealing but give me Lynch , Jackson, and Rawls.
WRs/TEs Close with the Cards and 49ers but Ill take Graham, Lockett, Baldwin, Kearse, Matthews, Willson
O-Line- Cards if they were at full strength but ill take the Seahawks, lot of weak O-lines in this dovision.

D-Line- Toss up between Rams and Seahawks, imo. Both are elite. Give me the potential of Clark, Hill, and Marsh though.

LBers- easily the Seahawks, underrated and the depth has been great.

2ndary, even without Kam, Thomas and Sherman are the best CB and FS in the NFL. Best coaching ad well.

ST- Seahawks looked better than the top 5 unit they field in 2013.

Coaching- give me the Seahawks, Arians is great, Fisher is okay, and Tomsulsa may or may not be good but I dont think he'll surpass the experience of the other three.

Experience, Familarity, Resilency., Competitiveness .. Only 1 team has been to the post-season the last 3 years. Only 1 team has won 11+ games the last 3 years. And done so through countless of injuries and distractions while being one of the youngest teams in that time frame. All the while never losing by more than 10 points.

Seahawks.

3rd best team in the Division, Seahawks are still one of the top 3 teams in football without Kam.

Are 49ers, Rams, or Cards two of the best teams on football... Hell NO.

Great post. I feel like this is a solid organization top to bottom. Better with Kam, but they can still compete without him.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The Rams d line might be the best I've ever seen in my life. If you don't think they have an edge in that category, you're a Homer.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1uvh9nkj said:
IndyHawk":1uvh9nkj said:
If Kam was so important that he is the reason we take 1st in our division ,I think they would have gave him more money right away with no questions asked.

Ummm, no. We have something called a salary cap, and Kam has something called a contract that has 3yrs remaining.
EXACTLY. Kam can rot at this point. It's not impossible to shift your focus a bit and actually try to score TD's when they give to you....I hear Graham and Jackson can catch passes for TD's.....hmmm...I wonder if we're going with Plan B.....yes?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
nanomoz":3s4keour said:
The Rams d line might be the best I've ever seen in my life. If you don't think they have an edge in that category, you're a Homer.
I question that, so I must be a homer. Fine with me given Frank Clark is the real deal. I guess I'll deal with being a homer while the Rams deal with being 2nd best like usual.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
In the end those two are could be right. The cover 3 has a point of emphasis of not getting beat deep. The stark distinctions between cover 2 and 3 are a point of emphasis. If you're a cover 3 team, you really need some pretty special players in the upper 4 zones to cover everything because you're sacrificing those zones to make sure you don't get beat deep with 3 players. In a cover 2 scheme, the point of emphasis is on the more shallow zones and your two safeties, who are the only deep players, have to be extremely adept in covering halves of the deep field, a much larger space than cutting the deep portion into 3rds.

We use 3 deep more than 50% of the time. Those more shallow zones are essentially sacrificed so that we don't get beat deep. It takes pretty special players to close those spaces. Some time ago, someone asked if the dink and dunk game was our weak spot and it invitably is...because it's the cover 3 weak spot. It literally is the weakness of the coverage. Really the only times that teams have been successful with it and patient enough with it to beat us is when Kam wasn't healthy, like it or not....

RiverDog

Reaction score
I always get a kick out of reading responses to a negative opinion like the one Heath Evans offered. You'd think he'd raped some 12 year old girl.

But the opinion is absurd. We are not the 3rd best team in the division. I can see an argument for the Rams to be a threat to our dominance, but not the Cards or the Niners. And even the Rams have their problems. Their top draft choice and the guy they counted on to revitalize their running game is going to be on the shelf for at least Game 1. They match up well against us, but they need to prove that they can be competitive week in and week out. Fisher just can't get this team over the hump. And the Cards? They have worse problems on the OL than even we do and their defense isn't anywhere close to the quality of D we have. They were ranked #24th last season, and no way do they make up that kind of ground in one season.

I'm not all that concerned about not having Kam. Yes, he's a great player and a major contributor, but this defense is generic, has the ability to heal thyself. We didn't have Kam, Mebane, or Wagner for a good part of the season last year and we still got HFA. Our secondary was on crutches during the SB and we still came within one yard of winning it all. It's an amazing defense that Pete's put together.

The defense will be fine. I worry more about our offense, in particular, our offensive line, which gets worse every year. If there's a silver bullet that can take this team down, it's aimed at the offensive side of the ball.

Willyeye

Reaction score
RiverDog":23f2mj03 said:
I always get a kick out of reading responses to a negative opinion like the one Heath Evans offered. You'd think he'd raped some 12 year old girl.

But the opinion is absurd. We are not the 3rd best team in the division. I can see an argument for the Rams to be a threat to our dominance, but not the Cards or the Niners. And even the Rams have their problems. Their top draft choice and the guy they counted on to revitalize their running game is going to be on the shelf for at least Game 1. They match up well against us, but they need to prove that they can be competitive week in and week out. Fisher just can't get this team over the hump. And the Cards? They have worse problems on the OL than even we do and their defense isn't anywhere close to the quality of D we have. They were ranked #24th last season, and no way do they make up that kind of ground in one season.

I'm not all that concerned about not having Kam. Yes, he's a great player and a major contributor, but this defense is generic, has the ability to heal thyself. We didn't have Kam, Mebane, or Wagner for a good part of the season last year and we still got HFA. Our secondary was on crutches during the SB and we still came within one yard of winning it all. It's an amazing defense that Pete's put together.

The defense will be fine. I worry more about our offense, in particular, our offensive line, which gets worse every year. If there's a silver bullet that can take this team down, it's aimed at the offensive side of the ball.

Just wanted to point out that the Rams O-Line is horrible even compared to ours.

Willyeye

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":12x5lhfj said:
Evans is a tool. The Hawks did not want his sorry ass so he has hated on them ever since.

I heard Evans say that he and Holmgren didn't like each other.

OP
OP
O

openureyez

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":33ur9csg said:
nanomoz":33ur9csg said:
I question that, so I must be a homer. Fine with me given Frank Clark is the real deal. I guess I'll deal with being a homer while the Rams deal with being 2nd best like usual.

All-time? What have they accomplished? I respect all NFL teams, but there's way too much Rams terror. I refuse to be scared of the Rams!

OP
OP
O

openureyez

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ll9dvgc said:
openureyez":1ll9dvgc said:
Heath Evans just said without Kam Chancellor the Seahawks may be the 3rd best team in the division. I'm don't think that's true, but what do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-t ... eneric_nfl

That user name just gives me this. California vibe... You a Tupac fan?

Regarding the question, good for Heath having an opinion. If only we were all so lucky.

Naw I'm from Pa, but I like in metro Atlanta now. Tupac is top 5 rappers of all time tho.

Yea it's his job to get people to react, and I definitely did.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Team Patera":29ovqesf said:
I've never seen Heath Evans hate on the Hawks.
Then you haven't been watching long enough.

He has... but more recently he has given them their due.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Watching NFLN this AM.

He just reiterated and solidified his stance.
Still picking us 3rd in div.

Said everybody laughed last year when I picked 9ers 3rd.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Willyeye":2e8zil3x said:
Just wanted to point out that the Rams O-Line is horrible even compared to ours.

Plus their top pick, RB Gurley, is starting out the season on the IR, so they are betting on the come, ie the Foles gamble. I had picked us to lose our opener but have since changed it to a win.

A

Anonymous

Exittium":38v4ivuh said:
I don't know why he hates Seattle so much either.. lol. Maybe because he took the Saints out in the playoffs? idk..

Exittium, for love of (The alien overlords),

Capital Letters, dude.

:141847_bnono: