4-4 at Home

bighawk

Reaction score
It is easier for teams to come in and beat us at home when the noise level is substantially lower than in years past. We use to be the loudest stadium but its not important any more.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We lost to two #1 seeds and the Saints. The fact that the Saints were fielding a backup QB isn't substantial; they've got one of the league's best coaches and a deep team at almost every position. That and a well-called game can easily overcome the lack of Brees.

As far as the other two games...division rivals beat each other all the time, regardless of record. They play each other more, study each other harder, know each other better. Upsets occur monthly in that arena, throughout the league. It's as they say - when division rivals play, you can throw out the records.

This isn't to say these losses were unavoidable. Pete waited too long to trot out a rhythm-based style on offense that could have saved the last two games.

But in perspective, 11-5 is a respectable record given the circumstances. I want better next year. But we're not the deepest team in the playoff by any means, nor the healthiest team, and those are sufficient explanations for our record IMHO.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The fact that every one of our losses were due to fixable errors is encouraging. Although I hope Carroll acts on it. At the end of the day Bridgewater went 5-0, Lamar is Lamar, and the Cardinals have been giving every team fits. They’re gonna be a problem in the division next year.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
bighawk":32ymy7vk said:
Its been a while since i have been on but i am so disappointed in the crowd noise. This use to be the loudest stadium but know you guys can't get to 100 decibels not many false starts and you start cheering after they break the huddle. The cheering should start before they get in the huddle. Do better next year. Go hawks

Do you attend the games? If not look at yourself first. Get off your butt, come to a game and start screaming.

Fact is, teams are just better prepared for it and our D is less able to stop the conservative game plans the noise forces. With the LOB, they ate the dink and dunk stuff up. With Norton’s D the opposing team scores at an alarming rate off simple game plans.

And the offence has played better in the road than at home and that has nothing to do with fans.

Fans are making noise and being disruptive. Team isn’t using that to their advantage.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hahahaha...It's Nortons D....NO it isn't. It's about a lack of pressure up front and injuries all over the D. The stats don't lie. Second to last in sacks...That's #31 if you need a number out of 32 teams.

Sacks aren't the end all, but also pressures and there, the Hawks are 6th worse...THAT is the reason, not Norton.

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11lu7ozv said:
We lost to two #1 seeds and the Saints. The fact that the Saints were fielding a backup QB isn't substantial; they've got one of the league's best coaches and a deep team at almost every position. That and a well-called game can easily overcome the lack of Brees.

As far as the other two games...division rivals beat each other all the time, regardless of record. They play each other more, study each other harder, know each other better. Upsets occur monthly in that arena, throughout the league. It's as they say - when division rivals play, you can throw out the records.

This isn't to say these losses were unavoidable. Pete waited too long to trot out a rhythm-based style on offense that could have saved the last two games.

But in perspective, 11-5 is a respectable record given the circumstances. I want better next year. But we're not the deepest team in the playoff by any means, nor the healthiest team, and those are sufficient explanations for our record IMHO.

To add to your second point, the Patriots lost at home in week 17, with a first round bye on the line, to one of the worst teams in the league in the Miami Dolphins. It happens. Look around the league each week and you'll see that upsets are actually pretty common.

I get that going 4-4 at home is disappointing, but as others have already mentioned, it doesn't look quite as bad to me when I take in to account that 3 of those losses are to quite possibly the 3 best teams in the league.

I also just want to point out that we went 7-1 on the road, including 5-0 in 10am games. Not too shabby IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Optimus25":sfe6enoa said:
No matter what our home record is the bottom line is we should be sweeping the cards and it’s not happening. That was a huge loss with hfa in play.

Sure, and the Patriots *should* be sweeping the Dolphins every year. Except over the last seven seasons, they've been able to do that once, and they lost this year at home. Last year they lost to Miami and somehow still managed to win a Super Bowl. In 2016, the one year out of the last seven they haven't lost to Miami, they lost to Buffalo.

The Saints *should* have swept the Falcons this year. They didn't.

Baltimore lost to Cleveland this year. At home.

Only two teams who won their division this year went 6-0 (Packers and Chiefs). Last year only the Rams did it. In 2017 only the Steelers did it. In 2016 only the Chiefs did it.

The whole point about division games being hard and crazy because you have teams playing each other at least twice a year isn't just something people say.

bighawk

Reaction score
I live in North Carolina sorry can't help yall. Sorry yall just aren't loud as you use too. You lost the loudest stadium record and they haven't tried to get it back. Be louder.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bighawk":2kwfozew said:
I live in North Carolina sorry can't help yall. Sorry yall just aren't loud as you use too. You lost the loudest stadium record and they haven't tried to get it back. Be louder.
Kansas City's stadium has a capacity of 76,416. CenturyLink's capacity is 72,000. They barely beat CenturyLink's record, and theirs was a concerted effort with the booth announcing a countdown to when to scream loudest to try and break it. They can have their fake-ass record. Many players are on record saying CenturyLink's the most disruptive to play in.

That being said, major success has brought more of the wine and cheese crowd to CenturyLink, who attend primarily for reasons other than being a die-hard fan and it's not as loud on average as it used to be.

How often did Elway whine to the refs to flag the crowd for excessive noise back in the day?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Lack of pressure on opposing QB's? I believe that it is a combination of lack of intelligence and desire. It's all mental.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":lg792e7t said:
Lack of pressure on opposing QB's? I believe that it is a combination of lack of intelligence and desire. It's all mental.

lack of intelligence lol wut.

And I've never once seen a lack of desire out of a Pete Carroll coached team. MANY MANY other teams over the years, but never a Pete coached team. Ask any other player or coach in the league, the Hawks play hard every play and never quit.