4 year extension for Sark?

Chapow

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3h5tq807 said:
Sark is denying it.

Hmm, kind of. He's denying that he had a formal interview, but what exactly do you think he was talking about with the AD from USC?

Sarkisian appeared on KJR-Radio in Seattle on Monday and confirmed he spoke to Haden over the weekend, adding he wouldn't describe their discussion as an interview. Sarkisian said USC isn't that far along in the process with him yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Previously unscheduled team meeting now scheduled for today (apparently)...

Is Sark ditching the Huskies?

drrew

Reaction score
Here's the important part of what he said:

"I didn't interview for the job, they reached out to me, I talked to them, I'm not anywhere near along the course of taking that job or not."

Make of it what you will.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is really bad news for Washington. The USC job is a promotion. Can't believe anyone who knows anything about college FB can see this as anything but a step backward for the program. Sark has done a great job here.

Chapow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1whagbb0 said:
This is really bad news for Washington. The USC job is a promotion. Can't believe anyone who knows anything about college FB can see this as anything but a step backward for the program. Sark has done a great job here.

Yep, I completely agree. This is absolutely a step back for UW football.

I keep hearing from UW fans that Sark isn't good enough, but I have yet to hear one realistic option that would be an upgrade at HC over Sark that would actually accept the job at UW. Probably because there isn't one.

Grass is always greener on the other side...

Subzero717

Reaction score
How can anyone say Sark has done a great job here?

Honestly with USC being the second best job in the countrt I don't even know what Sark did to warrant him getting that job. He did about as much as Kiffin did to earn that job. Good ridance.

SC fans are PISSED. I don't blame them either.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1nysyvnt said:
Hire Mora and don't look back.

No , dude is a joke. I want him nowhere near that program.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Although Sark did leave some to be desired, I don't like this at all. I mean, we just go right back into rebuilding mode I guess than. He just installed a new offense this year. What happens to that next year? Also, I think the D coordinator Wilcox could be a good hire for us, but still would rather have Sark. And say goodbye to a good chunk of our recruits for this recruiting season.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I only wonder about Wilcox. Does he follow, go somewhere else, or stay? And, at least to me, the only school settling is USC. I guess it makes sense because they did run to Kiffin for that Carroll connection, so maybe they're still desperate for a link to those years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":ls6ax9co said:

Honestly with USC being the second best job in the countrt I don't even know what Sark did to warrant him getting that job. He did about as much as Kiffin did to earn that job. Good ridance.

Where do you think you are? Alabama? There are 120 college football teams. 3-4 are in contention for a national championship in any given year. We were dead last when Sark was hire. The team has steadily improved since he got here. Don't talk to me about pure records.

This hire shows the huge disconnect between the national perception of Sark and a local fanbase with ridiculous expectations. Nationally, he's seen as the guy who took turned a laughing stock into a respectable program almost overnight. Who is available and better? The only guys in contention for the USC job were considered the best college coaches who weren't locked up at a historically elite school. Sark is among that group. UW's pool of candidates will be far less desirable than USC's.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2k7arzap said:
Chukarhawk":2k7arzap said:
CALIHAWK1":2k7arzap said:

He doing halfway decent at UCLA. Hire Wilcox? He's going to SC.

God I hope Wilcox doesn't go anywhere. He finally turned the Washington defense into a good defense, losing him would be very costly for us.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Can't imagine why Wilcox would stay here instead of USC unless he's given the HC job, which I don't think is going to happen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
DavidSeven":293h82j9 said:
CALIHAWK1":293h82j9 said:

Where do you think you are? Alabama? There are 120 college football teams. 3-4 are in contention for a national championship in any given year. We were dead last when Sark was hire. The team has steadily improved since he got here. Don't talk to me about pure records.

This hire shows the huge disconnect between the national perception of Sark and a local fanbase with ridiculous expectations. Nationally, he's seen as the guy who took turned a laughing stock into a respectable program almost overnight. Who is available and better? The only guys in contention for the USC job were considered the best college coaches who weren't locked up at a historically elite school. Sark is among that group. UW's pool of candidates will be far less desirable than USC's.

USC is the second best job in the country behind Texas. Do you think Sarks name was/is on Tecas short list? Absoluetly not. No way. We don't even know who else USC interviewed outside of Del Rio. They have all the resources in the world to hire any coach they want. They missed and their fans know it.

As far as UW is concerned when are we actually going to compete for t he Pac-12. I'm tired of the we sucked when he got here BS. Oregon is able to recruit and win in Eugene. Az State, UCLA are all making progress in short order. Sarks been here since 09 and we haven't smelled a rose let alone played for one.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Blitzer88":21rguuwu said:
CALIHAWK1":21rguuwu said:
Chukarhawk":21rguuwu said:
CALIHAWK1":21rguuwu said:

He doing halfway decent at UCLA. Hire Wilcox? He's going to SC.

God I hope Wilcox doesn't go anywhere. He finally turned the Washington defense into a good defense, losing him would be very costly for us.

Did you watch the Arizona State or Oregon games?

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
DavidSeven":279alf0x said:
CALIHAWK1":279alf0x said:

That's not Sark's perception nationally. He isn't feared by anyone. This is USC going to what they know.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=12420679

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279120

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1l5sg3du said:
I can't believe USC settled for 7 (occasionally 8 ) win Steve. This is awesome.

With the talent on that roster, it won't matter. Sark's a good enough coach to win down there. Kiffin wasn't.