4 year extension for Sark?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
jkitsune":1d4i3skt said:
JSeahawks":1d4i3skt said:
I can't believe USC settled for 7 (occasionally 8 ) win Steve. This is awesome.

With the talent on that roster, it won't matter. Sark's a good enough coach to win down there. Kiffin wasn't.

Oh, I definitely agree he's a step up from Kiffin. But he's a pretty big step down from other guys they were considering, imo.

Spounge84

Reaction score
MLOhawks":11bnis10 said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like Christmas came early!!!!

UW becoming nothing more than a stepping stone is like Christmas for you?

Chapow

Reaction score
Spounge84":3lw86ggj said:
MLOhawks":3lw86ggj said:

Isn't almost every single school/program a "stepping stone"?

I'm pretty sure USC was a stepping stone for Pete to finally get the job and control he always wanted in the NFL.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Chapow":7l0fm8xx said:
Spounge84":7l0fm8xx said:
MLOhawks":7l0fm8xx said:

I'm pretty sure USC was a stepping stone for Pete to finally get the job and control he always wanted in the NFL.

Sark isn't leaving for a job in the pros. He's leaving for another program in the same conference. That makes UW a stepping stone program in its own conference. Imagine Chip Kelly or David Shaw doing that while at Oregon or Stanford. Wouldn't happen. Washington is Tennessee to USC's Alabama. That's what this makes this look like anyway.

Chapow

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2xuv7rkw said:
Chapow":2xuv7rkw said:
Spounge84":2xuv7rkw said:

Sark isn't leaving for a job in the pros. He's leaving for another program in the same conference. That makes UW a stepping stone program in its own conference. Imagine Chip Kelly or David Shaw doing that while at Oregon or Stanford. Wouldn't happen. Washington is Tennessee to USC's Alabama. That's what this makes this look like anyway.

Ah, so if Mora leaves UCLA for UW then I guess that makes UCLA a stepping stone program in its own conference too? Except wouldn't that be even worse because that would make them a stepping stone program for a stepping stone program?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Chapow":1od0ku6t said:
DavidSeven":1od0ku6t said:
Chapow":1od0ku6t said:
Spounge84":1od0ku6t said:

Ah, so if Mora leaves UCLA for UW then I guess that makes UCLA a stepping stone program in its own conference too? Except wouldn't that be even worse because that would make them a stepping stone program for a stepping stone program?

I'm one of the people who thinks that move would make no sense for Mora and that he should stay at UCLA despite his radio quote from five years ago. Not at all persuaded that it's realistic. His taking the job would obviously negate a lot of this "stepping stone" business, though.

KK84

Reaction score
Hey at least we know that if Mora does well, he won't leave for another school. Any NFL team would have to be high to hire him, so as long as he shows the ability to recruit the way he has in UCLA, this could be the start of a very good run for UW.

chris98251

Reaction score
Reason you have to like Mora as Husky coach.

Proved he can solidify a college program

Proved he can recruit

Proved he can win

Would make another Pac 12 school weaker (hopefully)

Is a home town guy

Nobody has named a better hire yet.