49er’s defense in 2nd half past 6 games

Mizak

Reaction score
After they got blown out by the Chiefs, they have only given up 14 points In the 2nd half. That’s over 2 points a game. Let that sink in.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thread moved. I take your point about them being next up but there's no mention of how that affects the Seahawks.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
After they got blown out by the Chiefs, they have only given up 14 points In the 2nd half. That’s over 2 points a game. Let that sink in.
Well now that the 49ers have a QB who can give thenmTD's and not FG's then having a legit Defense might pay off. Way too many nail biting games with Jimmy G under center.

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well now that the 49ers have a QB who can give thenmTD's and not FG's then having a legit Defense might pay off. Way too many nail biting games with Jimmy G under center.

Through 2 weeks, Purdy has looked great, but I'd slow down a bit.

Eventually Ds will adapt and he needs to adapt back. For example, they just keep on blitzing him and he's killing the last 2 weeks against the blitz. I'd expect teams to start faking blitz and playing coverage.

WAY too early to say "Now that the 49ers have a QB who can ______".

Let it play out.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Through 2 weeks, Purdy has looked great, but I'd slow down a bit.

Eventually Ds will adapt and he needs to adapt back. For example, they just keep on blitzing him and he's killing the last 2 weeks against the blitz. I'd expect teams to start faking blitz and playing coverage.

WAY too early to say "Now that the 49ers have a QB who can ______".

Let it play out.
Well seeing as Purdy has already thrown more TD passes to Jimmy's (1) outside of the box this season and Purdy can actually move away from pressure and avoid sacks along with actually being able to run for a touchdown, I'll stick with my original comment.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I have seen enough of Jimmy G and his 28.0 career passer rating in the 4th Qrt of playoff games. The worst of any QB since 1991. He aint the guy. Purdy may not be the answer but it's clear that Jimmy hasn't scored enough points consistently considering the weapons he has had around him. But this argument obviously belongs in another thread.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well seeing as Purdy has already thrown more TD passes to Jimmy's (1) outside of the box this season and Purdy can actually move away from pressure and avoid sacks along with actually being able to run for a touchdown, I'll stick with my original comment.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but I have seen enough of Jimmy G and his 28.0 career passer rating in the 4th Qrt of playoff games. The worst of any QB since 1991. He aint the guy. Purdy may not be the answer but it's clear that Jimmy hasn't scored enough points consistently considering the weapons he has had around him. But this argument obviously belongs in another thread.

All I'm sayin is it's been 2 games. I'm not defending Jimmy. I'm just sayin all Niner fans loved Jimmy 2 starts as a Niner into his career.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
All I'm sayin is it's been 2 games. I'm not defending Jimmy. I'm just sayin all Niner fans loved Jimmy 2 starts as a Niner into his career.
I agree. I was one of them fans. I think alot of us over 50+ year old 49er fans who were born in the City and grew up in the Bay Area just wanted another LOMBARDI . We feel/felt like we deserved it 😆.

Jimmy and Kyle along with Lynch seemed like a breath of fresh air after what we all seen after the Harbaugh years.

Chip Kelly ? 😭

We were spoiled and we just wanted to go back to the 80's I know I did.

I know the words that bother me as a pathetic NFL fan who pays way too much attention to these so-called experts is that they keep repeating " JIMMY G TOOK THE 49ERS TO THE SUPERBOW " Really?

Finally the 49er Defense is getting the headlines above the QB. But is it ? Nows it's the Brock Purdy Show.

Atleast the Jimmy G -vr- Trey Lance argument never escalated to the Alex Smith-vr- Colin Kaepernick argument.

It might have but I don't follow any post with Jimmy G -vrs- Trey Lance in it.

It's like my Grandmother always said "Leave Politics and Religion out of the conversation and you might have a meaningful conversation "