49ers are a dirty team.

Reaction score
The 49ers relevance in the lifetime of most of their fans is pretty much zero. Only us old farts even remember the Montana/Young years.

At least some of our super bowl winning players are still in the league.

View attachment 62300
View attachment 62301

I was around for the Montana era.

And we are more likely to win another one soon.

But we can cherry pick stats all you like. Broaden it past your 2 minutes of relevance.

Seriously answer the question, did anyone give a **** about the Seahawks prior to 2012. Does half of your fanbase even know who Steve Largent is?

Torc

Reaction score
As far as the LOB and comparing them to today's defenses....

Yes, they got away with more. And Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes would have thought they were soft. The rules are different, and they were tightened up BECAUSE of the LOB.

It is entirely normal for players on both sides of the ball to test the limits of the officiating team. One more argument for skilled and consistent officials.

Torc

Reaction score
I was around for the Montana era.

And we are more likely to win another one soon.

But we can cherry pick stats all you like. Broaden it past your 2 minutes of relevance.

Seriously answer the question, did anyone give a **** about the Seahawks prior to 2012. Does half of your fanbase even know who Steve Largent is?
Heh. I don't think grabbing the past 23 years of both franchises is cherrypicking. Sorry if your team has been less relevant during that time. I enjoyed watching Montana and Young throwing to Rice. Young was one of my favorite players at the time.

But that's ancient history. Has anyone given a crap about the Whiners since Young retired?

Reaction score
As far as the LOB and comparing them to today's defenses....

Yes, they got away with more. And Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes would have thought they were soft. The rules are different, and they were tightened up BECAUSE of the LOB.

It is entirely normal for players on both sides of the ball to test the limits of the officiating team. One more argument for skilled and consistent officials.

Agreed 100%. I was jealous of the LOB. No shame in admitting it. I also had a huge respect for them, cursed them, and accused them if getting away with murder all at the same time. lol

I’m pretty certain though, all teams get away with the same. Its pretty even, hence why its ridiculous but also normal when fanbases think its more with others.

Reaction score
Heh. I don't think grabbing the past 23 years of both franchises is cherrypicking. Sorry if your team has been less relevant during that time. I enjoyed watching Montana and Young throwing to Rice. Young was one of my favorite players at the time.

But that's ancient history. Has anyone given a crap about the Whiners since Young retired?

I don’t think we were irrelevant for most of that time. We had some terrible teams/seasons though.

Careful what you say there. Your fellow fans might pull your fan card for saying something nice about the 49ers. :D

Reaction score
I don’t actually hate the Seahawks. Not worth my time. I do hate Carroll though. Always have.

The only team I truly hate is the ******* Cowboys, and the Rams a close second.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Are you seeing more by the Niner’s only because you are wanting to see it more?

No offense that is what every rival opposing fan does. Me included.

But without any facts or data its just full of air…
i’m a Niner fan married to Seahawks wife and inlaws. I definitely don’t want to see more PI flags just have noticed the past few games we seemed to have gotten away with more lately. Fan perspective and fan goggles to be sure. Fan air yes, that’s what we do here.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Even since the 2000's, the 49ers have tended to make it further in the playoffs than the Hawks, with 6 NFC Championship appearances, while the Seahawks have made 3. Seahawks have a lot of playoff appearances but a lot of lost WC or lost Div. outcomes. I don't feel a season is a waste if you get the conference championship and lose, it was still a hell of a team.

Latest posts