49ers Bathroom Brawl in Levi's stadium

Marvin49

Reaction score
Msfann":hm331sag said:
Nobody thinks its funny that someone got hurt. I think the laughs are more at it happening in SF (SF home game) when SF fans already have a reputation for doing crap like this.

Its more like "Haha it followed you to the new stadium".

Still not funny.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Brahn":2kdoazdp said:
WendellWent":2kdoazdp said:
This isn't a 49er thing, lots of places have these problems. Alcohol and aggression plus lots of people always sparks some fights. Too bad it had to happen at Levi's, hopefully the guilty parties are prosecuted swiftly and the injured parties heal quickly.

Just goes to show the hypocritical nature of the NFL, up in arms about domestic violence yet refusing to look at their alcohol policies in the stadiums.

The good old Niners battle cry of "Everyone else does it"

Yet everyone else fails to have a quality video like this.

Did "Above Reproach" Change into "Act like Coach"?

What the hell are you talking about? Seahawks fan here. Been to many road games seen stuff very similar to this all over the place. Get off your high horse, seen stuff like this even at Hawks games.

Brahn

Reaction score
WendellWent":3fuj17gw said:
Brahn":3fuj17gw said:
WendellWent":3fuj17gw said:
This isn't a 49er thing, lots of places have these problems. Alcohol and aggression plus lots of people always sparks some fights. Too bad it had to happen at Levi's, hopefully the guilty parties are prosecuted swiftly and the injured parties heal quickly.

Just goes to show the hypocritical nature of the NFL, up in arms about domestic violence yet refusing to look at their alcohol policies in the stadiums.

What the hell are you talking about? Seahawks fan here. Been to many road games seen stuff very similar to this all over the place. Get off your high horse, seen stuff like this even at Hawks games.

And High Horse? Marvin is that you?

I mean I guess if I have to believe you based off of zero evidence to back up your claim.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1l2yxa4b said:
Ug.

I had hoped we'd escaped the thugs.

Both guys arrested have been arrested a combined 13 times and neither was a Season Ticket holder. Good news is they won't be coming to a game again.

There are more Norteños in the South Bay than in S.F. Save for Santa Rosa and Sacramento they've always traveled up.

TBF this ain't going away any time soon. It's the result of the War on Drugs coupled with California's hyper-policing through gang injunctions (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_injunction)

Gang injunctions reduce street crime not by changing behavior, but just by locking everyone up who is even friends with a known gang member.

What ended up happening is that kids from marginal neighborhoods who got caught with an 1/8th of weed ended up serving actual prison sentences, and once in prison they had to link up with the Norteños (which historically were exclusively a prison game) just to not get beat up and raped. Those former kids are now back out and on the street, and with them, as a gang, the Norteños have migrated outside of prisons, where they were mostly isolated for over 35 years before the War on Drugs and injunction policing.

Long story short, almost every time this happens at a 9ers game it's gonna be guys with prior convictions, because 9/10 it's the time in prison on the prior conviction that got them involved with a gang in the first place. You can make it in a poor neighborhood in CA without being in a gang (e.g. Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, etc.), you just can't make it in prison in CA w/out being in a gang.

(Background: I've got a buddy whose PhD work was on following a few hundred Norteños through this process)

Edit: As for why Norteños are all 9ers fans, it's as simple as the team colors (they're bloods. the 9ers uniforms are red. el fin).

Edit 2: Just because it's interesting, it's the same story with the rise of neo-nazi and white power groups in California in the last 15-20 years. Out on the streets in California there's not really any reason for a ton of people to join white power orgs, but if you're white and go to prison and want to survive, you're going to have to join the Aryan Brotherhood (founded in San Quentin) or the Nazi Lowriders (founded about 10 years later in the California Juvenile Justice System). With the rise in imprisonment their numbers in prison have ballooned, and over time, there's a generation or two of those guys who are now back out again, who don't have any interest in giving up their White Power ways (and are even raising their kids in those traditions).

rlkats

Reaction score
Msfann":n9g0iabn said:
Nobody thinks its funny that someone got hurt. I think the laughs are more at it happening in SF (SF home game) when SF fans already have a reputation for doing crap like this.

Still idiotic to think that violent behavior no matter where it is is funny. What a pathetic and dumb response. Its no better than the two dumb ass gang bangers actions that committed this horrid crime.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3n0zb9nx said:
Marvin49":3n0zb9nx said:
Ug.

I had hoped we'd escaped the thugs.

Both guys arrested have been arrested a combined 13 times and neither was a Season Ticket holder. Good news is they won't be coming to a game again.

There are more Norteños in the South Bay than in S.F. Save for Santa Rosa and Sacramento they've always traveled up.

TBF this ain't going away any time soon. It's the result of the War on Drugs coupled with California's hyper-policing through gang injunctions (see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gang_injunction)

Gang injunctions reduce street crime not by changing behavior, but just by locking everyone up who is even friends with a known gang member.

What ended up happening is that kids from marginal neighborhoods who got caught with an 1/8th of weed ended up serving actual prison sentences, and once in prison they had to link up with the Norteños (which historically were exclusively a prison game) just to not get beat up and raped. Those former kids are now back out and on the street, and with them, as a gang, the Norteños have migrated outside of prisons, where they were mostly isolated for over 35 years before the War on Drugs and injunction policing.

Long story short, almost every time this happens at a 9ers game it's gonna be guys with prior convictions, because 9/10 it's the time in prison on the prior conviction that got them involved with a gang in the first place. You can make it in a poor neighborhood in CA without being in a gang (e.g. Desean Jackson, Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, etc.), you just can't make it in prison in CA w/out being in a gang.

(Background: I've got a buddy whose PhD work was on following a few hundred Norteños through this process)

Edit: As for why Norteños are all 9ers fans, it's as simple as the team colors (they're bloods. the 9ers uniforms are red. el fin).

Edit 2: Just because it's interesting, it's the same story with the rise of neo-nazi and white power groups in California in the last 15-20 years. Out on the streets in California there's not really any reason for a ton of people to join white power orgs, but if you're white and go to prison and want to survive, you're going to have to join the Aryan Brotherhood (founded in San Quentin) or the Nazi Lowriders (founded about 10 years later in the California Juvenile Justice System). With the rise in imprisonment their numbers in prison have ballooned, and over time, there's a generation or two of those guys who are now back out again, who don't have any interest in giving up their White Power ways (and are even raising their kids in those traditions).
What's the old police saying 5% of criminals commit 90% of the crimes or something like that.

getnasty

Reaction score
Isn't this Niner fan against Niner fan? Now there beating each other up? People can say this happens with all fan bases, and it does but San Fran is by far the worst i've ever seen and its not even close.

rlkats

Reaction score
getnasty":3k62iaxn said:
Isn't this Niner fan against Niner fan? Now there beating each other up? People can say this happens with all fan bases, and it does but San Fran is by far the worst i've ever seen and its not even close.

Sad to say. I must agree. The bandwagon fans that do this need to go away.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I didn't find that funny at all. Very sad that people do stuff like that. I remember when the Raider fans were known for this type of thing. Must make 49er fans proud to have taken over the legacy of being the worst in the NFL.

rlkats

Reaction score
lsheldon":14rjvgdq said:
I didn't find that funny at all. Very sad that people do stuff like that. I remember when the Raider fans were known for this type of thing. Must make 49er fans proud to have taken over the legacy of being the worst in the NFL.

No were not proud not proud at all. Actually very very ashamed and embarrassed.

Would you be proud if your fellow fans were doing this? Anyone in their right mind would not be proud.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
getnasty":1f7up72q said:
Isn't this Niner fan against Niner fan?

Yeah, the gang member who stabbed the other gang member outside the 9ers game a few years ago were both 9ers fans too.

Saying it's "Niner fan against Niner fan" kinda misses the point though, because football and football fandom have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Long story short, If you've never been incarcerated and never been forced to join a gang you're as safe at the 9ers game as are you anywhere else. Nobody is getting beat up for their fandom at Candlestick or Levis, or the CLink, or anywhere else really (in any numbers worth talking about -- there are random horrid jerkoff drunks everywhere, of course :) ).

253hawk

Reaction score
Did we all forget about AlaskaSaint's wife already?

12/2 NEVER FORGET :thfight7:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
253hawk":1c1alsj9 said:

Oh, yeah. Raped and murdered by a gang of 12s in the stadium in plain view of security who stood by laughing about it, right; or something like that?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":sf3yadus said:
253hawk":sf3yadus said:

Oh, yeah. Raped and murdered by a gang of 12s in the stadium in plain view of security who stood by laughing about it, right; or something like that?
You left out the part where she was in a wheelchair and then got shoved down the stairs "jackass style" afterwards and everyone just let it happen.

Msfann

Reaction score
rlkats":ii434ib7 said:
Msfann":ii434ib7 said:

Still idiotic to think that violent behavior no matter where it is is funny. What a pathetic and dumb response. Its no better than the two dumb ass gang bangers actions that committed this horrid crime.

Geez relax, all I'm saying is I happen to find 2 49er fans fighting in a bathroom kinda funny. NOT that anyone got hurt.

Don't you think you might have overreacted a bit? fans of all teams do dumb crap like these guys did but this one just happened to be on on video, some of us are just ribbing the 49er fans a little about it but its all in fun.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
rlkats":3lxzvj12 said:
lsheldon":3lxzvj12 said:

No were not proud not proud at all. Actually very very ashamed and embarrassed.

Would you be proud if your fellow fans were doing this? Anyone in their right mind would not be proud.
A couple of Niners fans/friends I know always post on FB about how tough and how "bout it" they are...it makes me chuckle. It's a damn football game. We are not getting paid to go to "battle"

WendellWent

Reaction score
Brahn":ckghunqo said:
WendellWent":ckghunqo said:
Brahn":ckghunqo said:
WendellWent":ckghunqo said:

And High Horse? Marvin is that you?

I mean I guess if I have to believe you based off of zero evidence to back up your claim.

You got problems man.

Mizak

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Whiner fans try this crap on Raider fans. Makes me want to see 49ers-Raiders game already just so I can hear about all the fights and brawls on the news post-game. That preseason scuffle between those two was great. Imagine if it was a regular season game? And we all know Raider fans don't play that KO crap. They take it to a whole new level. Like peeing on a Steeler fan or stabbing a Charger fan.