49ers Bathroom Brawl in Levi's stadium

ivotuk

Reaction score
Edited myself after I realized how serious this was. Paralyzed a guy?

Those are thugs, and it is a cowardly thing to do, beat on someone who most likely didn't stand a chance.

I've gone through that shit most of my life because I'm short, guys thinking they are tough by going after someone half their size and when they have their buddies with them.

Kind of like kids who say they have to join a gang to survive, I made friends with some really tough people when I was growing up and that put a stop to most of it. That and working out all the time.

But it's always the same thing, at a bar, in school, at an event, these guys are sharks just looking for an excuse, and an easy target. They never take on someone who might put up a fight.

Hopefully they get put away a long time and someone who is really tough makes them their bitches.

And how do people like this keep getting short terms? smh

Largent80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jkullrkm said:
Largent80":jkullrkm said:
Sorry Ro, but I need more than one hand to unzip, plus hold onto the anaconda. It is flat out creepy to have filmed that. Could only happen in SF though.
If you overheard what sounded like a fight about to break out, you wouldn't try to film it for evidence to give to the police? I sure would. No clue if that's how it happened here, but without video evidence this guy might have been able to walk away unscathed from the law, or something.

Just sayin'...

Um, NO, I am not filming in any bathroom at any time. I go there to take care of my business and I don't care about anyone elses.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":11hhvq5g said:
Um, NO, I am not filming in any bathroom at any time. I go there to take care of my business and I don't care about anyone elses.
Wow. I guess I care way too much about justice to just let some crap like that go down without at least trying to help in some capacity.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1030hz8m said:
I definitely don't condone this violence, anywhere, but I'd be lying if I said I never visualized knocking the hell out of someone that has butted in line for something.

I actively call out anyone I see doing it and make them walk their ass to the back of the line.

threw-a-grenade-killed-50-people-then-the-grenade-exploded.jpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
^ Rofl.

I wasn't trying to be all badass about it or anything, but I have been thanked by random strangers in line for doing it before.

HHawk121

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ffk0w3uj said:
HHawk121":ffk0w3uj said:
I am in a state of constant fear that just being myself makes it likely I would be a victim of something like this.

:lol:

#LifeInsideThePanicRoom
#ThisPostBroughtToYouByDialUpFromAMontanaCabin
#ScurryingBackToBunker

Well, given that I'm Transgender. It is a very real fear.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HHawk121":295euwdg said:
Popeyejones":295euwdg said:
HHawk121":295euwdg said:
I am in a state of constant fear that just being myself makes it likely I would be a victim of something like this.

#LifeInsideThePanicRoom
#ScurryingBackToBunker

Oh, well okay. I was assuming your comment was in relation to this incident and the particulars of it, not violence more generally. Sorry for the glibness. Honest mistake.

TBH though, if a trans person were to be a victim of a hate crime at an NFL stadium, I'd like to think that S.F. fans would be as quick -- or hopefully, quicker -- to intervene as fans at any other stadium.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HHawk121":24stunuo said:
Popeyejones":24stunuo said:
HHawk121":24stunuo said:

#LifeInsideThePanicRoom
#ScurryingBackToBunker

That's really unfortunate that you should have to deal with that. But I think a lot of bullying comes from the perpetrator who is looking for a perspective victim. They just want to hurt people and don't care who it is, as long as they don't look like they can put up a fight.

Bullys are some of the biggest cowards on the face of the planet, I wonder if they realize how "ig'nant" they look pulling shit like they do? Of course there's always someone there to try and egg them on.

I think if I ever go to a stadium I"m going to smuggle in a tazer, just for people like that.

Largent80

Reaction score
You know what Roland?...Men for some reason have to share a very private thing like urinating and defecating. A women's restroom is not even close to what we have to endure at huge events like a football game. Dozens of dudes lined up pissing into a trough.

I can't imagine taking out a phone and filming in a crowded men's restroom, it is just wrong on a lot of levels. One might argue that it got the perps arrested, well good for them, I'm not doing it, I'm pissing, getting back to my seat and minding MY business.

But that is me, and that is the way I handle myself. IF I see someone get attacked in that situation, I would NOT want to be involved for the obvious reasons, however I am not going to stand there like the majority of those people did. And If I were the perp.... and I saw you filming me?...I would break your phone and maybe more.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":3i0y2zxi said:
That's really unfortunate that you should have to deal with that. But I think a lot of bullying comes from the perpetrator who is looking for a perspective victim. They just want to hurt people and don't care who it is, as long as they don't look like they can put up a fight.

FWIW I think that's true in most general cases, but trans folks (and LGBTQ folks more generally) don't face random violence because they atypically or uniquely look like they can't put up a fight. They face violence because people are bigots. I have a friend who a few years ago was beaten into a coma by strangers who pulled over while he was walking home through West Hollywood. It was "random" in that they didn't know him, but it wasn't "random" in that as a gay man walking alone through a historically gay neighborhood he wasn't targeted for violence simply because of who he was. If they were just looking for some *completely* random person to beat up, he's far from the first person someone would pick.

TXHawk

Reaction score
The drunk 'Bama mom who dove into a crowd of Sooners fans and started brawling was funny. A couple of gangbangers knocking someone out in a bathroom is not funny. At all.

Northhawk

Reaction score
First and foremost, my sympathies and prayers for the victim. There is no excuse or rationalization for this kind of behaviour.

My second thought is selfish but points to another downside of these things. I was thinking of travelling to SC for the Seattle game but this video confirms my underlying uneasiness about going. May not be fair but think we'll invest our travel budget in a safer holiday destination.

49ners and all teams have to be quick to contain this crap or it may start effecting attendance.

HawkWow

Reaction score
So tired of punks ruining things for others. If elected (lol) I'd implement maritime-type law for festivals (such as NFL games and concerts). Anyone guilty of causing mayhem in a place of gathering would have his sentence instantly doubled.

Vote for me, I'll set you free. Right on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":24p7iob2 said:
So tired of punks ruining things for others. If elected (lol) I'd implement maritime-type law for festivals (such as NFL games and concerts). Anyone guilty of causing mayhem in a place of gathering would have his sentence instantly doubled.

Vote for me, I'll set you free. Right on.
You got my vote!