Reaction score
michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn.gif

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":2tb2eo4i said:
pehawk":2tb2eo4i said:
Marvin49":2tb2eo4i said:
pehawk":2tb2eo4i said:
At least the 49ers got rid of Harbaugh. I bet you're happy about that Ninerfans, right?

LOL.

No.

...and I was hoping for a quiet offseason this year.

Well, at least now we get to see the greatness of tyrannosaurus rex...no more pesky Smith gobbling up double teams Borland can surely do without.

Theres a jumping ship vibe too. But, i know that's not true, thanks to Marvins explanations.

Right...because a guy is gonna leave 8 mil on the table and end his football career early because he doesn't like his coach. :shock:

Marvin, to put this another way, do you genuinely believe Patrick Willis would have decided to retire if the 49ers were still the perennial Super Bowl contender that they were under Harbaugh? Playing for a winner would have added to his legacy.

The organization looks like a joke right now, so why would put himself through that, especially with the pain in his toe? He already experienced what it was like to play for loser coaches under Mike Nolan/Singletary. Now that he has earned his money, it's not worth it to him to go through that again under Tomsula.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Who was the Niners RB who retired after one year for religious reasons, only to get arrested for gun charges a few weeks later?

WendellWent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2eo5cx2r said:
Who was the Niners RB who retired after one year for religious reasons, only to get arrested for gun charges a few weeks later?

Glen Coffee.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3nobcc4e said:
Glenn Coffee. But Coffee just couldn't handle being yelled at by coaches, while Patrick Willis is Integrity to the core of his being. Willis is even more unblemished than Saint Wilson. No way in Hell he succombs to sin.

He will be a minister. He posted a picture of a minister with the caption "my past my present my future." I just read the toe was part of it, but mostly it's his "Spiritual Awakening" he had whilst spending more time at church and working with kids while he was on IR.

It seems like it's one of those "if you love Me, sell all you have, give it to the poor and follow Me" kinds of things. Once in a blue moon a Christian will actually do what Jesus clearly asked in the Bible. Pat is one of those people.

WendellWent

Reaction score
The "spiritual awakening" was realizing SF had no shot at winning anytime soon, and he decided to move on to a career that wasn't going to take years off of his life.

pehawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1myw45tt said:
Scottemojo":1myw45tt said:
Glenn Coffee. But Coffee just couldn't handle being yelled at by coaches, while Patrick Willis is Integrity to the core of his being. Willis is even more unblemished than Saint Wilson. No way in Hell he succombs to sin.

He will be a minister. He posted a picture of a minister with the caption "my past my present my future." I just read the toe was part of it, but mostly it's his "Spiritual Awakening" he had whilst spending more time at church and working with kids while he was on IR.

It seems like it's one of those "if you love Me, sell all you have, give it to the poor and follow Me" kinds of things. Once in a blue moon a Christian will actually do what Jesus clearly asked in the Bible. Pat is one of those people.

To be fair to Jesus he did send his 13th disciple, Kurt Warner, to help shepherd Kap.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ivqfz36 said:
Marvin49":2ivqfz36 said:
pehawk":2ivqfz36 said:
Marvin49":2ivqfz36 said:
LOL.

No.

...and I was hoping for a quiet offseason this year.

Well, at least now we get to see the greatness of tyrannosaurus rex...no more pesky Smith gobbling up double teams Borland can surely do without.

Theres a jumping ship vibe too. But, i know that's not true, thanks to Marvins explanations.

Right...because a guy is gonna leave 8 mil on the table and end his football career early because he doesn't like his coach. :shock:

Marvin, to put this another way, do you genuinely believe Patrick Willis would have decided to retire if the 49ers were still the perennial Super Bowl contender that they were under Harbaugh? Playing for a winner would have added to his legacy.

The organization looks like a joke right now, so why would put himself through that, especially with the pain in his toe? He already experienced what it was like to play for loser coaches under Mike Nolan/Singletary. Now that he has earned his money, it's not worth it to him to go through that again under Tomsula.

Yes.

Seriously dude...look at the stuff he's saying on social media. He said his goodbye last night followed by about 20 quotes from the bible.

He's answering Twitter users questions with scripture. The word is he's become extremely religious and wants to do something different with his life.

He was going to retire regardless. This isn't about football. This is about him changing his life.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WendellWent":13gq3rh4 said:
The "spiritual awakening" was realizing SF had no shot at winning anytime soon, and he decided to move on to a career that wasn't going to take years off of his life.

BS. He isn't built like that. In some players case I might buy that, but not Pat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h1 hour ago
49ers announce they will hold a Patrick Willis retirement press conference this afternoon

Bring your own automatic weapon.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
LOL at some Hawks fans trying to make Willis' retirement be a statement about the 9ers.

You guys are trying wayyyy toooo hard.

Even beyond looking at his twitter or acknowledging that he's had a chronic toe problem for years now, consider:

His last contract was when he signed a five year extension with the 49ers immediately after they went 6-10.

There's just no way you can reasonably spin his retirement to that desired conclusion.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Big day for the Hawks, but this Willis retirement conference is tough but also beautiful. Much respect.

Latest posts