49ers still worthy rivals?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scotte nailed it as I've come to expect. 9ers went back to their basics. Run the ball. Their D looked pretty good because they got a good pass rush.

A lot of people like to rag on Crapperstink, but if you look at how he's evolved you see he went from being a deer in the headlights every time he played in Seattle to keeping his cool. He still makes mistakes, still lacks accuracy, but he's a solid QB now. He's a threat. Not a threat like Wilson or some of the elite QB's, but he can beat anybody, even the Hawks. SF is still in the hunt for the division.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Other than the returns for TDs, that game was just as I thought it would be. History can be a great guide for future behavior, and Harbaugh can be relied upon to get back to basics when it is going bad. I thought the Eagles would be mooshable going cross country after a divisional game, to face a coach who knows what Chip Kelly brings, and that was accurate.

If I am a Niner fan, Vernon's fragility concerns me. Anthony Davis looks to be out for a while, and Kaepernick's inaccuracy on anything but spot throws is an issue. He was in front of or behind almost every slanting and crossing receiver all day. If his running threat didn't force teams to play zone, that accuracy would be a lot bigger issue.

But yeah, still worthy rivals. Truthfully, relevant Niners is good for Seahawks, even if it means less FAO panda GIFS.

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":32f27cy0 said:
SnoCoHawk":32f27cy0 said:
Even if they have a dismal season and aren't a "rival" for the playoffs, I'll still hate them for their whiny, conspiracy-theorist fans, their goofy Bieber-wannabe quarterback and their drama queen coach. Does that count?

If the 9ers had finished 4-12 every year for the past three years you wouldn't even remotely care about any of these things.

If the Seahawks had done the same there wouldn't be a 9ers fan on the planet ranting about how "smug" "pete the cheat" is, the "piped in noise" at the CLink, PEDs, Sherman being a "jerk," etc., etc. etc.

Basically, swap the 49ers and Rams records since 2011 and you'd be making the same claims about the Rams IMO, rather than not really caring about them either way. The same goes for 9ers fans and the Seahawks.

Put another way, EVERY single fanbase in the NFL has somehow convinced itself that its rivals' team and fanbase is somehow atypically imoral, or obnoxious, or inferior. Go to any team forum and it's the same thing. The only reason ANY fanbase in the NFL takes the time to dislike the Hawks or their fans is because the team is good. That's it. Full story, full stop. Same with the 9ers.

For what it's worth I think that about every team in the league (except the Hawks obviously), not just the Niners.

Latest posts