4th Round - 133rd pick Colby Parkinson TE Stanford

vonstout

Reaction score
He can’t block. I don’t think they will put him on the line. Put him out wide or in the slot and he will cause problems. Initially, I thought signing Olsen was a good idea, but his cap hit doesn’t make sense. I’d rather have that money to sign Clowney or Griffen

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm a little skeptical because we saw how the elite receiving/no blocking tight end thing worked out here previously. Immense upside if they learned from that previous experience, or if Parkinson shows a bit more effort than zero, or if they just line him up at split end.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AgentDib":1cu5976w said:
I'm a little skeptical because we saw how the elite receiving/no blocking tight end thing worked out here previously.

Ten touchdowns in a season? Yeah, such a faceplant. ;)

Plus, Parkinson has better hands than Jimmy Graham.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Whats that give us, 6,,,,7 TEs now? Thats getting Bears like.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I just love how he goes and get's the ball, no trapping the ball just reaches up and snags... Uses his height and arms and there's nothing you can do.

Seajam

Reaction score
RW will never pass him the ball like they did in college... unless he is 10 yards away from the defender.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am hoping we use him to what he does best and not try to force him to be something he is not like Bevell and Pete tried to do with Graham which really ended his career, he was never the player he was in N.O. after us in GB either.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seajam":29v1jkec said:
RW will never pass him the ball like they did in college... unless he is 10 yards away from the defender.

This guy is always open... vertically.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This man is a starter, and a top 15 at his position possibility. I like his tape a lot, and his game play matched up .

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":19o331en said:
Seajam":19o331en said:

This guy is always open... vertically.

Ah, let him take his shot at the one guy keeping this team from drafting in the top 5 every year.

Polk738

Reaction score
Damn...if Jesus played TE it would be Colby Parkinson lol

Somos doces

Reaction score
FWIW, the Hawks' website posted some comments from Pete Carroll about Parkinson, which seem to indicate team officials might envision him as someone who can play an Uncle Will-type role.

"He's been such a rock-solid kid. They rave about his commitment and his consistency. I'm hoping with that frame that we can beef him up a little bit and he can become a really effective blocker for us. He's an enormous kid. The catching stuff is all there. We got to see him develop as a blocker and become a unique player there as a combo threat."

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/john-schneider-pete-carroll-on-all-eight-of-the-seahawks-2020-draft-picks[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ap49zh7 said:
Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister, Luke Wilson, and Colby Parkinson. I strongly believe the Seahawks will trade Hollister before start of the season. He has value and they can get free up of about $3.2M doing so. This of course all depends on Dissly’s recovery.
I think we PUP Dissley and if/when he returns and all other TEs are still healthy you cut Willson and tell him to stay close and if somebody goes down later in the season he is back on the roster.

xray

Reaction score
Big and strong and catches the ball like he owns it . :D

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1t7odivz said:
Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister, Luke Wilson, and Colby Parkinson. I strongly believe the Seahawks will trade Hollister before start of the season. He has value and they can get free up of about $3.2M doing so. This of course all depends on Dissly’s recovery.

Parkinson is a good player, but a curious pick, it makes you wonder if Dissly is indeed not coming back this year. Given how fragile our TEs have been lately, I doubt we'll trade anyone. My sense is we might even keep 3 TEs on the roster, especially since we're now without Fant. We may see a lot more 2 TE sets.

I would guess Olsen, Hollister and Parkinson suit up week 1 if all are healthy. Luke gets waived, but with the instruction to keep in shape because we'll probably need to bring him back by mid-season.

Erebus

Reaction score
Somos doces":240kmeqf said:
FWIW, the Hawks' website posted some comments from Pete Carroll about Parkinson, which seem to indicate team officials might envision him as someone who can play an Uncle Will-type role.

"He's been such a rock-solid kid. They rave about his commitment and his consistency. I'm hoping with that frame that we can beef him up a little bit and he can become a really effective blocker for us. He's an enormous kid. The catching stuff is all there. We got to see him develop as a blocker and become a unique player there as a combo threat."

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/john-schneider-pete-carroll-on-all-eight-of-the-seahawks-2020-draft-picks[/urltargetblank]

That concerns me. I hope they don't try to waste his talent and try to turn him into something he's not. Just let him be a receiver. They ruined Jimmy Graham this way.