4th Round - 133rd pick Colby Parkinson TE Stanford

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If all Russ does is think "Jimmy" when he's on the field it's an automatic upgrade, Jimmy 1.0 couldn't block a fart, all this kid needs is one route and the ability to stand in the endzone, upgrade. Yep, Dissly to pup.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Confused why we need 17,242 tight ends on the roster.

Also confused how we seem to be picking a crappier version of Jimmy Graham when we couldn't use the original in his prime.

But I don't expect much so there isn't enough to be disappointed about here.

Odd pick but nothing amazing or devastating.

BASF

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2gwxw2ql said:

Also confused how we seem to be picking a crappier version of Jimmy Graham when we couldn't use the original in his prime.

Both of the tight ends drafted were receivers more than inline blockers and the team announced the seventh round one as a receiver. I'd be surprised if they don't use both of them in the big receiver role.

Graham did not play with this offensive coordinator, also nine hundred plus yards in his first season with us and ten touchdowns in his second doesn't seem like we couldn't use the original (maybe your expectations were too high).

Do you expect amazing or devastating in the bottom half of the fourth round?

TAB420

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fd5enug said:

Because the 17,240 we had last year all got hurt.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3ju0b2xl said:
hawkfan68":3ju0b2xl said:
Greg Olsen, Will Dissly, Jacob Hollister, Luke Wilson, and Colby Parkinson. I strongly believe the Seahawks will trade Hollister before start of the season. He has value and they can get free up of about $3.2M doing so. This of course all depends on Dissly’s recovery.
I think we PUP Dissley and if/when he returns and all other TEs are still healthy you cut Willson and tell him to stay close and if somebody goes down later in the season he is back on the roster.

With the amount of resources they have at TE, (they added two more guys in UDFA) Hollister could be in line to be released too. I believe they will try to trade him first. I believe Willson is coming in at a vet minimum cost so the savings is not as much as it would be if they got rid of Hollister.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As soon as they picked this guy, I knew dot negative would hate it and/or start complaining about the pick :)
I loved the pick, and Russ has another weapon he can let go up and get it. Kid clearly has good hands.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2xkx6pqk said:

As someone else said, almost all our TE's got hurt last year so I see the reaction by ensuring enough depth.

And it was largely Bevel that struggled with utilizing Graham. Schotty has used the TE to much greater effect with both Dissly and Hollister getting involved in the passing game when healthy.

I'm pleased with a guy that could be an end zone monster. 6'7" with great hands is a mismatch against 90% of the nickel corners in the league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this^^^ Other than Graham, Russ hasn't exactly had many guys he can throw jump balls up to. Let alone guys who can go up and get it. This guy clearly fits the bill. And just because some guys are listed as TE, doesn't exactly always equate to how teams use them. Plenty of TE are more WR's than they are the typical TE.

toffee

Reaction score
Metcalf and this guy should give Russ tall targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham was a huge mismatch the red zone. DB would have no chance bc he would block them out. We got that again w Parkinson. I love this pick

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Maybe, but Stanford TEs tend to look better than they are.

That offense is geared to get the ball to the TE. It inflates their stats.

The Eagles found this out the hard way.

Still, we don't need every pick to work out. Generally only 1 or 2 picks from a draft will. 2-3 in a very good year.

A lot of people think this is the big receiver focus we wanted. Hoping they are right.

toffee

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1boa4t8s said:
Could be what Tanner Mcevoy was supposed to be if he had hands.
Taller and way better hands.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
toffee":2glk6z7i said:
Grahamhawker":2glk6z7i said:
Could be what Tanner Mcevoy was supposed to be if he had hands.
Taller and way better hands.

McEvoy is 6'6", and that was the implication of "if he had hands".

titan3131

Reaction score
According to the Seahawks facebook video with Colby - He grew UP A HAWKS FAN WOOOOOHOOOO LETS GOOO

sutz

Reaction score
Gonna innovate with our new 5 TE sets. :mrgreen:

Was a little surprised by this pick at first. But he looks like a gamer and you can't really have too many targets for Wilson to throw to. Gonna give this pick a :2thumbs: TE room should be interesting this year.

Latest posts