5 teams are tied for the best record in the league.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":16scf81q said:
Right now out of the five teams the Seahawks have the hardest strength of schedule. Should be interesting to see how that holds by the end of the year.

What's really weird is I would have assumed that the Seahawks would have the worst strength of victory, but the 49ers and Patriots are worse.

When we put an 'L' onto every one of those teams, the Strength of Schedule will skew downwards because now all the teams we play will have more losses than they do now and will therefore look weaker.

NINEster

Reaction score
2014 had a unique finish in the NFC with 4 teams finishing 12-4, with rather interesting tiebreakers.

We might see something similar again, except the 4th team will be in the NFC West/North.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, according to Booger and Marcellis (or however you spell his name) the Hawks are "not in the same league as the other 10 win teams"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that boogs.

NINEster

Reaction score
xray":1uokdkts said:
Records at this point only determine seeding in post season . Once that is determined and the playoffs begin ; those records are inconsequential ; because it's a like a " new season " but with a loser elimination platform . I love the " sudden death " atmosphere of the playoffs . :0190l:

That is very true, but at the same time west coast teams having to come in as a 5 or 6 seed wildcard often have it tough because you're looking at potentially two east coast playoff games before a west coast championship.

The 2012 Seahawks going to DC and Atlanta was a tough haul, and had they beaten the Falcons they would have been the 2nd west coast team since 1989 to play two east coast games and an NFC Championship on the west coast.

1989 Rams smashed the Eagles then won a sudden death game against the Giants before going to Candlestick. Those were two very good teams they beat.

The odds would be really hard against the 49ers or Seahawks I think, assuming the NFC championship game would be against each other. If somehow the NFC West team faltered early, I could see the road being sustainable.

Should be interesting!

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3byvu29o said:
Well, according to Booger and Marcellis (or however you spell his name) the Hawks are "not in the same league as the other 10 win teams"

Yeah, keep telling yourself that boogs.

That's surprising to me, because I would have thought Boogs was a huge Wilson fan.

No way Collinsworth would ever say that, just on his Wilson love alone. Someone joked that it's possible that he mentions Wilson on every SNF broadcast. :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In post game, Boogs went on and on about how unimpressed he was with the Hawks and how they were not in the same class. Good, I hope he's hating how the Hawks just keep winning. F him, and Wiley can suck a nut too.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2ujksa6r said:
bmorepunk":2ujksa6r said:
Right now out of the five teams the Seahawks have the hardest strength of schedule. Should be interesting to see how that holds by the end of the year.

What's really weird is I would have assumed that the Seahawks would have the worst strength of victory, but the 49ers and Patriots are worse.

When we put an 'L' onto every one of those teams, the Strength of Schedule will skew downwards because now all the teams we play will have more losses than they do now and will therefore look weaker.

I would like that very much.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
Maulbert":2kzvr02l said:
49ers, Patriots, Ravens, Saints, Seahawks. All 10-2. When was the last time that happened going into week 14? Usually, at least one team has separated from the pack, record-wise. But the #1 seed is solidly in play for both conferences, and the Bills and Packers are both only one game back. Just crazy.

Re: "Just Crazy" … True
But if you'll take notice, 4 of the 5 teams reside in the NFC.
And yes, I know the Ravens won both their games against the 49ers and Hawks.
But I feel the winner of the SB, will be an NFC team. The playoffs, are going to be
interesting this season.

justafan

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":skcr5dej said:
rlkats":skcr5dej said:
pmedic920":skcr5dej said:
rlkats":skcr5dej said:
Ya 5 seed with a 10-2 record. I'm hello Hawks are 2 seed with a 10-2 record. So your point? Bottom line there is no clear cut NFC best team. There are a few really damn good ones.

The point is, and it should be obvious, this is SEAHAWKS .net.
We are biased “up in here”.
You can’t/shouldn’t expect it to be any other way.

Haha yes sir.

But we all know who the best is.

NINERS

LOL. Seriously, though, odds are high it's gonna be a push in Week 17 that'll probably come down to the kicker.

I'd be extremely surprised, after Monday, to see Chase McLaughlin released between now and then.

I agree. If it comes down to week 17 it is going to be tough on the loser. Its like playing 4 high intensity playoff caliber games with to get to the SB.

Latest posts