5 trophies in the past or 1 now?

Marvin49

Reaction score
soje":1yc36rjc said:
RolandDeschain":1yc36rjc said:
Marvin49":1yc36rjc said:
RolandDeschain":1yc36rjc said:
It's your guys' fault. You realize that, right? Seahawks fans have spent so many years being told by 49ers fans ALL THE TIME that you don't know what it's like, you haven't won anything, you're irrelevant, come back when you've achieved dynasty status, etc. etc. etc. that it breaks the minds of some of our fellow 12s, and they become completely irrational regarding this topic. It's similar to the phenomenon of some women just accepting being abused by their spouse.

(Before any moron jumps on me for equating it to physical abuse, I'm not. I'm just saying it's sort of a similar mindset, in a way; so calm the frig down.)

Well now you know what its like. Lets just see what happen IF you get a few more and Cards fans start mouthing off.

Watch how quick the number of Lombardi's comes up. :)
Write my username down. Screenshot this post. I will never be like that, ever; and not ONLY will I never be haughty about it, I will actively call out fellow 12s that I see being haughty/jerk-ish about it both here and elsewhere. (In fact, I called a Seahawks fan a clown just yesterday on the official 49ers forum that made this exact claim, I'm thinking the person that started this thread might be the same person on that forum. If you're registered there, then view the post.)

Let's make things clear: you referred to me as a clown in that forum just for expressing my opinion that I would trade all their 5 rings for one now. That was classless, bro.

That's just nuts to me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":2gr6lko5 said:
It was a very different league back during the 49er run. So ... all of that is historical trivia.

With regards to last years Super Bowl, most spots on 90 man NFL rosters are filled and training camps are opening up for the coming campaign.

Well its ALL historical trivia if you didn't watch it happen.

The league is very different than it was 5 years ago and it will be very different 5 years from now. Will you be willing to trade this years ring for a ring 5 years from now? Of course not. As Seattle fans you will remember this one forever. You will remember the season and games that led up to it.

A different league? That always cracks me up because all a team can ever do is play in the league that they are in. They don't get to choose their era. LOL.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
soje":10ejd257 said:
Let's make things clear: you referred to me as a clown in that forum just for expressing my opinion that I would trade all their 5 rings for one now. That was classless, bro.

Why is that classless? Since when did classless mean that because someone has an opinion, it has to be respected? Not to mention, I did not reference your name and my comment was directed at a 49ers fan; it's not like I said anything to you.

Maybe my definition of having class is having the gumption to be honest, and not just pretend that everyone's opinion is fantastically super duper because they have an opinion on something. :)

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dgm5x3e said:
Jville":2dgm5x3e said:
It was a very different league back during the 49er run. So ... all of that is historical trivia.

With regards to last years Super Bowl, most spots on 90 man NFL rosters are filled and training camps are opening up for the coming campaign.

Well its ALL historical trivia if you didn't watch it happen.

The league is very different than it was 5 years ago and it will be very different 5 years from now. Will you be willing to trade this years ring for a ring 5 years from now? Of course not. As Seattle fans you will remember this one forever. You will remember the season and games that led up to it.

A different league? That always cracks me up because all a team can ever do is play in the league that they are in. They don't get to choose their era. LOL.

It's historical trivia for many of us, who live in the present, that did watch it.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Marvin49":3qq8p2qs said:
Do I want a 6th? Damn skippy...but there is no way I would ever give up a single one of them for another. BTW...it was in 82 as you mentioned, but it was actually the 81 season that they won their first. I remember that game as a kid. I remember my dad crying because they had finally won one. I remember playing Dan Marino and that unstoppable offense in the 84 season at Stanford. I remember John Taylor making that catch at the backline of the endzone to beat the Bengals in 88 with 34 seconds left. I remember Jerry Rice being pissed because he didn't get the Disneyland Commercial even though he was over 200 yards and the MVP. I remember the complete dismantling of the Broncos in 89.

I have never been a "we have 5 rings" braggart in conversations on .net or anywhere else because they have little bearing on what is happening now, but those Championships are a part of the 49er history that I witnessed and would never, ever give them up.

I understand exactly how you felt about your 1st SB win because the exact same thing happened to us this past season. I remember the tears and all the fun my buddies and I had on that amazing run. However, when next season starts, it will all be over and I will want to win that Super Bowl.

Would you be happy if the Niners never won the SB again in your lifetime? Wouldn't you trade one of your precious little past rings for one now?

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":hv29rk32 said:
soje":hv29rk32 said:

Why is that classless? Since when did classless mean that because someone has an opinion, it has to be respected? Not to mention, I did not reference your name and my comment was directed at a 49ers fan; it's not like I said anything to you.

Maybe my definition of having class is having the gumption to be honest, and not just pretend that everyone's opinion is fantastically super duper because they have an opinion on something. :)

Calling someone who you don't know a clown just for having an opinion... is that having class to you?

I'd have more respect for you if you said it to my face.

Marvin49

Reaction score
soje":25wbfjzf said:
Marvin49":25wbfjzf said:
Do I want a 6th? Damn skippy...but there is no way I would ever give up a single one of them for another. BTW...it was in 82 as you mentioned, but it was actually the 81 season that they won their first. I remember that game as a kid. I remember my dad crying because they had finally won one. I remember playing Dan Marino and that unstoppable offense in the 84 season at Stanford. I remember John Taylor making that catch at the backline of the endzone to beat the Bengals in 88 with 34 seconds left. I remember Jerry Rice being pissed because he didn't get the Disneyland Commercial even though he was over 200 yards and the MVP. I remember the complete dismantling of the Broncos in 89.

I have never been a "we have 5 rings" braggart in conversations on .net or anywhere else because they have little bearing on what is happening now, but those Championships are a part of the 49er history that I witnessed and would never, ever give them up.

I understand exactly how you felt about your 1st SB win because the exact same thing happened to us this past season. I remember the tears and all the fun my buddies and I had on that amazing run. However, when next season starts, it will all be over and I will want to win that Super Bowl.

Would you be happy if the Niners never won the SB again in your lifetime? Wouldn't you trade one of your precious little past rings for one now?

No. "Precious Little Past Rings"?

LOL. Just the question tells me you don't get it.

Just curious...how old are you?

Marvin49

Reaction score
soje":k6dza5ws said:
RolandDeschain":k6dza5ws said:
soje":k6dza5ws said:

Calling someone who you don't know a clown just for having an opinion... is that having class to you?

oi.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Marvin49":1eq91d4f said:
soje":1eq91d4f said:
Marvin49":1eq91d4f said:

And please don't be patronizing just because we don't share an opinion.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2uk1tb4d said:
soje":2uk1tb4d said:
You live in a city adjacent to me, this can be arranged.

I meant I'd have more respect for you if you said it directly to me in a post.

However, I can't say I'm surprised with your answer.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1k1enblb said:
Gold's Gym anyone?
Haha, I almost thought about saying that myself.

soje":1k1enblb said:
RolandDeschain":1k1enblb said:
soje":1k1enblb said:

Makes two of us in terms of being surprised. It wasn't a friggin' offer to fight, dude. I don't know you and someone confused me for BEING you and I explained that I wasn't while referring to you as a clown.

You have way too big of a problem with me expressing my opinion of you.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2p35nwdq said:
SacHawk2.0":2p35nwdq said:
Gold's Gym anyone?
Haha, I almost thought about saying that myself.

soje":2p35nwdq said:
RolandDeschain":2p35nwdq said:
soje":2p35nwdq said:

Makes two of us in terms of being surprised. It wasn't a friggin' offer to fight, dude. I don't know you and someone confused me for BEING you and I explained that I wasn't while referring to you as a clown.

You have way too big of a problem with me expressing my opinion of you.

I have a problem with people calling other people names just for having an opinion, nothing on you specifically.

Marvin49

Reaction score
soje":hz9j9ln1 said:
Marvin49":hz9j9ln1 said:
soje":hz9j9ln1 said:
Marvin49":hz9j9ln1 said:

And please don't be patronizing just because we don't share an opinion.

ROTFLMAO...

Patronizing YOU!?!

"Precious Little Past Rings".

Yeah...I'm done wit'cha. If you plan on posting on web forums, I suggest a thicker skin.

Sac

Reaction score
Yeah, but, dude, it's the internet.

I'm with Ro though. Why trade 5 for the next 1? I won't call you a clown, but that's a ridiculous opinion to think that's a reasonable trade.