OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":b97i9tsg said:
soje":b97i9tsg said:
SacHawk2.0":b97i9tsg said:
LMAO even Marvin, who's a 49ers fan thinks you're a joke.

You guys are all hilarious.

To be fair, I Don't think you're a joke. But I do think you're funny.

I guess it's my fault for expecting a civilized and well mannered conversation on an Internet message board.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":21pbmlv6 said:
Well, Soje did say this on the official 49ers forum:

soje.png

Sac

Reaction score
Not really, but you should understand that saying something like "say that to my face" would elicit such a response.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ousp9c8 said:
SacHawk2.0":1ousp9c8 said:

Soje

Apparently he thinks everyone is patronizing him.

Soje, methinks internet forums are simply not for you.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zz20aqn said:
RolandDeschain":1zz20aqn said:
SacHawk2.0":1zz20aqn said:

Soje

Maybe you're right.

I'm used to respecting other people's opinions and their intelligence. I don't assume someone "doesn't it" just because we don't share the same opinion.

But hey, lesson learned here.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":t1pxdj1a said:
SacHawk2.0":t1pxdj1a said:

soje.png

It's embarrassing how you like seeking other people's approval, especially 49ers fans. Do you really have no friends and need to be part of a mob?

Should we go ahead and post all your hilarious posts in the 49ers forum?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whoops, wrong post of his. Sorry, was really busy for a bit there. Here's the one I meant to post:

soje.png

soje":3zensrvh said:
It's embarrassing how you like seeking other people's approval, especially 49ers fans. Do you really have no friends and need to be part of a mob?

Should we go ahead and post all your hilarious posts in the 49ers forum?
HAHAHAHA, yeah. Like I said on the 49ers forum, if I were seeking approval, I'd agree with them all the time. Ask any of the regulars around here if my posting habits reflect approval-seeking behavior.

Marvin49

Reaction score
soje":3fownbf2 said:
Marvin49":3fownbf2 said:
RolandDeschain":3fownbf2 said:
SacHawk2.0":3fownbf2 said:

Soje

Maybe you're right.

I'm used to respecting other people's opinions and their intelligence. I don't assume someone "doesn't it" just because we don't share the same opinion.

But hey, lesson learned here.

Cry me a river.

I'm a Niner fan on a Seahawks board.

If you make a comment about something ludicrous, I'm going to say it's ludicrous. Seriously dude...thicker skin. What peeps have said to you in this forum is NOTHING compared to what they say to me on a daily basis. Its all in fun.

Bottom line? Chill.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would trade 5 championships for the current 1. Less BS about the team's heritage and doesn't prevent winning one in the future.

Plus I am old enough to have watched Superbowl I, so for me I would have lived the 5 championships. It probably is easy for someone whose team had never won a title to try to emphasize how living in the now is more relevant. Those thoughts would ring hollow to the fans of franchises that have multiple titles.

Sorry OP, I cannot agree with the premise of this line of thinking. I understand what you are saying and it is the comeback when in a pissing contest with our division rivals but give me a rich tradition of winning with a damn good chance to continue in the near future anytime.

And no, I am not going to go cheer for the rivals just to pull for a team with multiple titles. I rather the Seahawks start stacking them up while I am still kicking. Will be fun to experience each and every proceeding title.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Marvin49":350oxamv said:
Cry me a river.

I'm a Niner fan on a Seahawks board.

If you make a comment about something ludicrous, I'm going to say it's ludicrous. Seriously dude...thicker skin. What peeps have said to you in this forum is NOTHING compared to what they say to me on a daily basis. Its all in fun.

Bottom line? Chill.

Believe me, in my line of work you need thick skin.

I don't write emails or post things on message boards unless I'd be perfectly comfortable saying the same things in person. Maybe you were not trying to patronize me, but it sure seemed like that to me. My apologies if I came across a little confrontational. I'm all about accepting other people's opinions, no matter how ludicrous they seem. I'm not in their skin, so I don't know how they feel.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
soje":3utkdiip said:
I'm all about accepting other people's opinions, no matter how ludicrous they seem. I'm not in their skin, so I don't know how they feel.
Except when they say something you don't care for, apparently.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
drdiags":26dr0dkb said:
I would trade 5 championships for the current 1. Less BS about the team's heritage and doesn't prevent winning one in the future.

Plus I am old enough to have watched Superbowl I, so for me I would have lived the 5 championships. It probably is easy for someone whose team had never won a title to try to emphasize how living in the now is more relevant. Those thoughts would ring hollow to the fans of franchises that have multiple titles.

Sorry OP, I cannot agree with the premise of this line of thinking. I understand what you are saying and it is the comeback when in a pissing contest with our division rivals but give me a rich tradition of winning with a damn good chance to continue in the near future anytime.

And no, I am not going to go cheer for the rivals just to pull for a team with multiple titles. I rather the Seahawks start stacking them up while I am still kicking. Will be fun to experience each and every proceeding title.

Maybe the difference is really in personal experiences. I moved to Seattle from another country back in 2002 so I've never experienced a SB title (or any other major title, for that matter). It was such an amazing run last season and the memories will be cherished forever. However, once next season starts, I will be concentrating on the next SB and no past victories will matter if we lose that one. Does it make sense?

Maybe the premise of the question is flawed. One cannot trade stuff in the past for something in the present.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pnfgu4b said:
soje":2pnfgu4b said:
I'm all about accepting other people's opinions, no matter how ludicrous they seem. I'm not in their skin, so I don't know how they feel.

Calling someone names... is that an opinion?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
soje":2n88yw36 said:
RolandDeschain":2n88yw36 said:
soje":2n88yw36 said:

Calling someone names... is that an opinion?

You're the one that said, and I quote, "The past is the past, history is history, but it does not give me satisfaction."

I hate to break it to you, but we ARE the sum of our memories. It defines us. Human beings have virtually no genetic memory, unlike practically everything else in the animal kingdom. Do you think you would be the same person if all your memories were instantly wiped out? No recollection of your spouse, family, upbringing, etc.?

Yeah, I'm kind of "going big" with this concept, but my point is that the past DOES matter, and claiming it doesn't just sounds bogus because it's obvious that it DOES to varying extents.

drdiags

Reaction score
I will admit that I wouldn't mind having one hot, fine woman now versus the numerous ones (yeah, I am lying) I had when I was younger (the wife will not see this post, so I am free to fantasize impossible scenarios ... ha ha).

This question depends on what gives you the most satisfaction. Current success versus historical success. I wouldn't mind being able to waffle to either side.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drdiags":9kf44s7q said:
Current success versus historical success. I wouldn't mind being able to waffle to either side.
Having both trumps either one individually.

Also evidence that history matters.

Done. :)