5th round, Pick #147, Quinton Jefferson, DT, Maryland

kf3339

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":19ibwcql said:
kf3339":19ibwcql said:
TeamoftheCentury":19ibwcql said:
This draft is interesting. Jefferson is a guy I started looking at about a month ago. One of several players. But, I liked his solid personal life and immediately thought this could be a guy the Hawks like to scout. I was a bit apprehensive to post about a couple of players b/c there is quite an adherence to SPARQ and other methods that are beloved on this board. I'm not against those, but one risks ridicule for suggesting football players that don't "fit the Seahawks" perceived draft profile. As much as I post on .net, I often hold opinions to myself.

I was also looking at Prosise, Odhiambo and Vannett. I didn't include Jefferson in my mock draft b/c I even though I thought he could be a possible target, more thought he was a late rounder or maybe even UDFA. Probably the only one I thought they'd actually draft is Odhiambo, so not at all saying I knew these would be our picks. Just talking about the players that the Seahawks would even consider. Only so many picks, so it's tough to prove how "right" or "wrong" we are as we evaluate. But, this draft is proving to me that the Hawks do not rely on SPARQ, but certainly use it as an assessment tool.

Why do you care about other posters opinions? You have just as much right to your thoughts as anyone else.

Next year just post your opinions and to hell with anyone who doesn't agree. I do and could care less what others may think.
I appreciate that. Well, it's not that I overly care. I'm human, so I do to some extent. But, it's more that if my opinion doesn't fit the consensus "Seahawks Profile", it doesn't feel worth getting into it. I actually appreciate the digging many put into this and I'm first looking to question my own opinions and learn from others. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. Just saying this draft is teaching me something in regards to all this.

I understand the issue on this board about "SPARQ" and how many rate that one aspect too highly. But that is more the reason to just give your thoughts, and prove there are other measurements the team will consider just as strongly. I really had no idea about Jefferson, but if his name (possibly from you) had been discussed on this board before the draft it may have allowed me to research and put him in my mock.

I have been praying for a real quality 3tech for several years. This guy could be it! So again please give your thoughts next year. He is a real good find!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Walterfootball is right up (down) there with PFF in the category of "highly suspect in their calculations".

titan3131

Reaction score
titan3131":1z54hskb said:
Jefferson and Bryant... I wonder if we even keep hill this year.

It will be a captivating camp this year.

Happy to hear we can keep them both because of the hybrid DT/FB role

Own The West

Reaction score
cover-2":1vtx2pjb said:
[youtube]K5EzSkFsMY8[/youtube]

Unless this is some promo film where he's going against Britt in different unis every time, this guy looks like a beast!

My suspicion is that our love affair with SPARQ athletes has turned us into a finesse team. Glad to see some smashmouth types coming into the fold this year.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":19y9st7z said:
Right, becuase the Seahawks arent loaded with experienced players in the system at CB:

Shead
Simon
Smith
Seisay
Jean-Bapitisse
Browner
Lane (if needed)

What makes you think a 5th round CB would make a difference in a draft where teams were already pulling DBs off the board like crazy.

I agree we are already going to be cutting a few solid CB's.

I think CB will be one of our strengths,I really like what Shead brings and between Simon, Smith, Seisay, and J-B. One of them is going to make big strides in preseason.

RW92

Reaction score
Reminds me of the late Jerome Brown from the days of the Hurricanes and Eagles. Now if Jarran Reed can become our Reggie White?

Stay tuned.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The guy has a wife and 3 kids to feed so he has a ton of incentive to perform!

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
ShermanIsland":n08dqq2x said:
I don't like this pick. It's getting pretty bad grades too: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades5.php

why not? just because a draft grade? you realize thats the same walterfootball.com that gave us a D grade right after the 2012 draft, right?
"One such inept franchise is Seattle. What the hell is Pete Carroll doing? James Carpenter was a horrific reach at No. 25 last year, but Bruce Irvin was a billion times worse. He's just an athlete playing football, and he can only do one thing on the field. Plus, he was arrested for robbery earlier in his life and recently was arrested again for ruining public property. There's no way he should have gone in the top four rounds. Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades because I gave Seattle the worst grade in the history of this Web site. "

and the rest... is history. so many pundits have been so down on and wrong about recent seahawks draft picks, its mind-boggling.

anyway, i like the pick, and i LOVE the aggressiveness pcjs displayed this year, targeting and aquiring their needs. he may not be all-world, but jefferson should be at least an active and versatile contributor for us. should keep things competitive in camp this year... this pick may spell the end for the never-healthy jordan hill.

Reaction score
Own The West":2nq5gp9h said:
cover-2":2nq5gp9h said:
[youtube]K5EzSkFsMY8[/youtube]

Unless this is some promo film where he's going against Britt in different unis every time, this guy looks like a beast!

My suspicion is that our love affair with SPARQ athletes has turned us into a finesse team. Glad to see some smashmouth types coming into the fold this year.

Nailed it