6th Round, Pick #215, Joey Hunt, C, TCU

vonstout

Reaction score
Boiler":c6wgvevw said:
ESPN seems to be behind. I just got an alert from Seahawks.com. TCU Center.

About 5 minutes behind. Unbelievable.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
WOW! Joey Hunt?!? That proves definitely that I officially have no ability to predict what John Schneider and the Seahawks are going to do. Absolutely a surprise pick to me. Will have to go back and look at film and try to figure out exactly what it is they see in this guy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ppxu1m2 said:
People who wanted O-Lineman with actual experience on O-Line should be jumping for joy.
Exactly, I love the draft so far. :th2thumbs:
No real flashy picks, just getting good solid football players at your positions of need.
It's what you need to do if you have a an excellent core group like the Hawks do.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not a huge guy but I think Hunt is a good pick in the 6th round and I'm sure the FO was hoping to land him at some point. Did not allow a single sack in 445 pass-block snaps last season. Intelligent and sees everything around him. Can also play RG/LG. He's not a wow pick, not as big as you'd like, but I have a feeling he'll eventually be a starter.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I was hoping for a C with a higher grade, but it's good that we brought in someone to compete.

I'm not expecting him to start for us, but if he can win the backup spot then this is a solid depth pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm happy they are addressing the line. We've got new depth at T, G, and C now. That's all I wanted going into the draft, so if these are the best guys they wanted, then I'm happy.

acbass

Reaction score
His size is a concern, but the guy flat out got it done at TCU. Very smart and will be able to handle the line calls. He played 3 years at center, I think, so he has some experience. It looks like they are starting to draft guys to fit the offense we saw at the end of last year as opposed to what we saw the first 3.5 years with Russell. A 6th rounder is what it is, but the guy has some tools. We will see.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not that I know anything at all about this guy, but feels to me like the first draft pick that wont make the team. Practice squad maybe to bulk up.

pehawk

Reaction score
All big-12 with 99% pass blocking efficiency.

Why he still available? T-rex arms?

crosfam

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3p87fus4 said:
I was hoping for a C with a higher grade, but it's good that we brought in someone to compete.

I'm not expecting him to start for us, but if he can win the backup spot then this is a solid depth pick.

That would mean he beats out Sokoli, or that Sokoli beats out Lewis and we let Lewis go - which I doubt. I think Lewis won the job last year. Hunt seems to have been drafted on performance, not "measurables". Rare in the NFL.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
From the looks of it he reminds me of Unger. They said all the same things about him . And for once the oline got real players not conversion guys