9-7, great season!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":auja93bu said:
Great year, no playoffs but another winning season!
You said it. As long as they keep winning at least 9 or more a season and miss the playoff while individual players get great stats, I am perfectly happy. Aim low!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Right, because it has been "so bad" around here under Pete. They had a ton of injuries and just an off season for their standards. Most teams in the NFL have bad seasons at some point.

original poster

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2q56f7qr said:
We played like a 9-7 team all year. It was apparent after the first quarter. Is anyone surprised?

I was. If you’d have said after 4 games Seattle won’t be in the playoffs I’d have laughed at the over reaction.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wish I could argue it, but 9-7 does feel about right. Next year can't get here soon enough. Of course, no excuse for not being at least 10-6. He flat out choked a pretty easy kick on a day w/zero wind or rain.

RCATES

Reaction score
This is a team still loaded with talent that's very poorly coached and unless there are wholesale changes in the coaching staff a true end of a era. 4 straight home losses. Including one by over 35 pts to a division rival. Sunday was the icing on the cake. Arizona came up here with a back-up QB, 4th string RB, Back-ups at all 4 O-Line positions and beat us in our house. This was a terrible season. No more excuses for this team. Our Offense is bad. Our special teams is bad. Our coaching is even worse.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":eqv2ihny said:
Great year, no playoffs but another winning season!

Yep. No changes necessary. Full steam ahead. And remember, every time Seattle loses its because we beat ourselves

mrt144

Reaction score
There were a few really sweet plays this year on both sides of the ball. It wasn't without entertainment but this entire season felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of screwing up and often it did.

RCATES

Reaction score
The whole 9-7 should be celebrated is such bs. Other teams that went 7-9,8-8,9-7 have tons of cap space. Didn't give up half there draft to bring in players this year. Seahawks went all in this year and finished 9-7. Half of our starters will be FA's next year. That's why I'm so angry. We had no cap left and gave up so much to win it this year. It basically buried this team for the next 5 years. Take off the homer goggles people. Its time to clean house and rebuild. By not doing so will just get us another couple 9-7 years. Forget about the SB.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
file.php

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Lol, hes not wrong. At the time I made my avatar I still believed we'd finish strong!

HansGruber

Reaction score
The most frustrating part about watching us decline over the last 4 seasons is listening to all the excuses and nothing changes, other than we continue to lose more games:

2013 13-3-0
2014 12-4-0
2015 10-6-0
2016 10-5-1
2017 9-7-0

We lost 4 home games this season. Badly. Those were painful losses. I don't care what stats say, I was at those games and watched the beatdowns in person and it SUCKED. Players were fighting and getting kicked off the field. I saw the defense physically quit in multiple games because they weren't getting any help and knew it. The entire thing was a massive crap-show.

We didn't just lose, we got our asses kicked. We got humiliated. Nobody is scared of Seattle anymore. Nobody is scared of the Clink.

4-4 at home. :pukeface:

Not one RB with over 300 yards. :pukeface:

It's time to let Pete go and bring in some new coaching.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Same record as the Chargers this season. Watching the playoffs from the sidelines too.... :pukeface:

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
The year we take Clink being thought of as the toughest stadium to play in and flushing that down the crapper, a "great season"? 4 - 4 at Home. Let that sink in. And some of those wins we barely got.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":23mzm9vb said:
Same record as the Chargers this season. Watching the playoffs from the sidelines too.... :pukeface:

And the Chargers started off 0-4... :pukeface: