9 Days Away...NET Temperature

9 Days Away...How you feeling?

• Extremely confident. Seahawks are going to beat the Cheaters!

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • Very confident. I think we win in a close battle.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Cautiously Optimistic. It will be very tough but I think the Hawks win.

Votes: 77 44.3%
  • Neutral. This game feels like it can go either way to me.

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Borderline pessimistic. It will be tough to beat New England.

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Very pessimistic. I'm either a Debbie Downer or Cheater's Fan.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extremely pessimistic. Hi, I'm a fan of the Cheaters!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":25yiriif said:
worried about the next cheat the Pats pull...the refs...health of our LOB...the o line...Bevell....our front four on defence....more cheating....injuries during the game....our returners....Goodell doing anything to see the Pats win....our receivers......not worried about beast or RW as no way he has a bad game twice! I would say I am worried but optimistic. I just don't want to see those cheating bastards win and Brady with that cheating smile andlaugh on his smug face when the confetti rains down...Go Hawks!

This is it for me too. I'm not as confident as I was last year. I would say I'm neutral but slightly on the pessimistic side only because of the wear attrition has taken on our team this year but still knowing we're a good enough team to get the job done.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Brady will throw 2 pics in the first half trying to prove to himself that the LOB isn't so scary. He'll be wrong. Then they will have to earn every yard and be worn out by the 4th quarter. I think we hold Blount under 100 but just barely. I expect aggressive play calling from the Pats throughout the game. Look for fake field goals and trick passing plays whether they are up on us or not. I hope ET is ready to stop some 4th and shorts...

Our offense feels like a total crap shoot to me right now. I would like to see an effective read option early and no turnovers please :pukeface:

Regardless of what happens, we will be in it until the final play of the game. No blow outs either way.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
Super Bowl XLVIII last year reminded me of the first of the Dallas Cowboys 3 Super Bowl Championship in the 1990's. In Super Bowl XXVII the Dallas Cowboys annihilated the favored Buffalo Bills and their high powered offense 52-17.

But then in Super Bowl XXVIII Buffalo came out and actually had a 13-6 lead on the Cowboys at halftime before Emmitt Smith and the Dallas running game took over in the 2nd half. Which led to a 30-13 Dallas win.

That is kind of how I see this game playing out. Dallas ended up with only 27 pass attempts and 35 rush attempts. Despite losing by a Touchdown at halftime, the Cowboys kept running the ball until they wore them Bills down. The Cowboys held the Bills run game in check to 77 yards on 27 attempts forcing Jim Kelly to throw it 50 times. And if you are the LOB, that is what you want the Patriots to do. The more they throw, the more chance the Seahawks have to win.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If Sherman can get into Brady's head, this game is OURS by a big margin. Brady's a fierce competitor and if he decides to try and show Sherman who's who a few times, it'll work out poorly for him. God, I hope Brady tries to go deep on Sherman over, and over, and over. :179417:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
daveca5150":26926zeg said:
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think Brady will throw 2 pics in the first half trying to prove to himself that the LOB isn't so scary. He'll be wrong. Then they will have to earn every yard and be worn out by the 4th quarter. I think we hold Blount under 100 but just barely. I expect aggressive play calling from the Pats throughout the game. Look for fake field goals and trick passing plays whether they are up on us or not. I hope ET is ready to stop some 4th and shorts...

Our offense feels like a total crap shoot to me right now. I would like to see an effective read option early and no turnovers please :pukeface:

Regardless of what happens, we will be in it until the final play of the game. No blow outs either way.

Good points.......bottom line, we cannot give the Pats a 16 point lead after four turnovers!

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
EntiatHawk":37krlx6f said:
I think it will be close for most of the game but win going away, You do not win in the first quarter ;)
Maybe not in the first quarter, but they certainly won in the second quarter during last year's Super Bowl. ;)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I think we all know where I stand............................. :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Confident enough to green-light the Tiffany & Co. rings order now? Not quite, but pretty confident nonetheless. The Hawks have amazing heart.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have not been this sure about a game since we played the Giants.

irocdave

Reaction score
Last year was different, I knew the Hawks would win. It was time, that team knew it and the Donks knew it before the ball was hiked.

This year just feels different. I think it will be a close game but the Hawks will pull away late in the 3rd quarter. Once the hawks get up the Pats running game will be gone and it's open season on picks and sacks. The first half will be tough to watch though. If the Hawks perform the way they did against the Packers for 3 quarters it will be a loss for the Hawks. Special teams need to have a positive impact also. Fake field goals when your down and onside kicks are not what I'm talking about. Captain slowest NFL player ever needs to be benched for a playmaker. No fumbles either. Just get up on the Pats and let the D do what the D does and let Lynch touch the ball on almost every play in the third and fourth quarter.

Hawks 34 -14.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
All i know is ive waited my whole life to see the seahawks win a superbowl - and now a year later I'm going to actually be there to watch them hopefully go back to back. can't wait!

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
We start normal but the LoB and friends keep them scoreless.

Then we win strong going away. None of this letting them get a TD and a 2-point try to make the score look weird.

43-8...I'm so ashamed... :3-1:

Should have been 45-7... :twisted:

kearly

Reaction score
I don't like cheesy guarantees but... New England's recipe on offense coupled with the tendencies of Seattle's defense means it's a virtual lock that the Patriots finish around 5 yards per play, possibly less.

Now, there was a team that beat Seattle and scored 30 points in doing so with that kind of per play production this very season. In fact, it was the biggest loss of the Wilson era. New England should have no trouble replicating it, assuming that the game is played in 115 degree heat, and the Pats convert nearly 100% of their 3rd down conversions, and Brady and Gronk both have the game of their lives in the red zone.

More realistically, you are probably looking at 13 to 24 points from the Patriots in this game. And given that New England's defense isn't equipped to dictate terms to Seattle's historic rush offense, they will probably need at least 24 points to win, but probably more like 30. Possibly more.

Baltimore gave New England a lot of trouble and Seattle has similar strengths, except that Seattle is significantly better than Baltimore, and WAY better in the secondary.

I think that Seattle would have likely blown out Green Bay had they kept it to one turnover instead of five. I think if Seattle keeps it to one turnover or less they will probably have a 90% chance to win against New England. I think the Patriots are a tougher matchup than GB but not by much.

This is a game Seattle should win.

Wizofwest

Reaction score
I believe this game will be trademark Seahawks. Close through the first half then pull away in the second. We will protect the ball, move the chains, and wear them down.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":33i7qojo said:
I don't like cheesy guarantees but... New England's recipe on offense coupled with the tendencies of Seattle's defense means it's a virtual lock that the Patriots finish around 5 yards per play, possibly less.

Now, there was a team that beat Seattle and scored 30 points in doing so with that kind of per play production this very season. In fact, it was the biggest loss of the Wilson era. New England should have no trouble replicating it, assuming that the game is played in 115 degree heat, and the Pats convert nearly 100% of their 3rd down conversions, and Brady and Gronk both have the game of their lives in the red zone.

More realistically, you are probably looking at 13 to 24 points from the Patriots in this game. And given that New England's defense isn't equipped to dictate terms to Seattle's historic rush offense, they will probably need at least 24 points to win, but probably more like 30. Possibly more.

Baltimore gave New England a lot of trouble and Seattle has similar strengths, except that Seattle is significantly better than Baltimore, and WAY better in the secondary.

I think that Seattle would have likely blown out Green Bay had they kept it to one turnover instead of five. I think if Seattle keeps it to one turnover or less they will probably have a 90% chance to win against New England. I think the Patriots are a tougher matchup than GB but not by much.

This is a game Seattle should win.

This makes me so happy... I just wanna... I wanna...
Y96P3fx.gif

Latest posts