A good win? Are u kidding me!

kf3339

Reaction score
A good Win? The offense scored 9 points. NINE POINTS!

There is nothing good about this win, other than it was a win. Nothing More. :34853_doh:

Decimation

Reaction score
A win is a win.

However, if the offensive line doesn't get it together, along with the rest of the offense, there is absolutely no way we will make it past the Divisional round.

I'm hoping the offense starts to get into its groove and we can stop complaining about terrible offensive production.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks every win is a good win is delusional and incapable of seeing flaws in processes which need to be improved upon despite a successful outcome and is living in a fantasy world.

Foghawk

Reaction score
It is a win, but the game definitely didn't instill any confidence in the offense. We'll see what next week brings. :180670:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Win is a win, but I'd say it wasn't pretty. Much like every time we play AZ or the Rams. As easy as eveyone expected it to be coudl you imaged how we'd be feeling is we lost....

win the division - 1-0 in NFC West we are on pace.
secure home field - loss to GB hurts but ATL just beat them and we still play ATL and Dal so we control our destiny
win the NFC - could still happen
win the SB - could still happen

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
How anyone can believe or take anything Carroll says seriously anymore (after what happened in SB) is totally laughable. Carroll's Ra Ra act is so old along with Wilson's "we want to go 1-0 each week".

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
stang233":142pd29g said:
Losing might have been better for our team. Might have finally cut some crap on the staff. So ya it is a bad win.

No one on the staff is getting fired. Any win is a good win. Fans wanting a loss is just sad. What the hell happened to this place , seems most of the older crowd on here hardly posts anymore and I am seeing why now.

xgeoff

Reaction score
A win is not a win. Being down 9-6 in the 4th quarter at home against a rebuilding franchise and needing a superhuman play at the end to pull it out is not a good win. It's an escape. It's a sigh of relief. It is in no way, shape or form a *good* win. Jeesh!

Today is tell-the-truth Monday, so let's tell it like it is.

idle Eric

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":1yu0wqph said:
stang233":1yu0wqph said:
Losing might have been better for our team. Might have finally cut some crap on the staff. So ya it is a bad win.

No one on the staff is getting fired. Any win is a good win. Fans wanting a loss is just sad. What the hell happened to this place , seems most of the older crowd on here hardly posts anymore and I am seeing why now.

Wake up ! See the bigger picture !

And please tell me who exactly said they "wanted a loss" !!??

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This is a typical Seahawks win. Has everyone not been paying attention the last several years. Every game is a heart attack. We generally play to level of competition.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2hx0qczv said:
This is a typical Seahawks win. Has everyone not been paying attention the last several years. Every game is a heart attack. We generally play to level of competition.

You may be right about that. I guess I'm stuck with memories of late-2015 when we went on that run and played really good ball down the stretch. Seemed like the offense was in a really good groove and we didn't have to suffer through these heart attacks.

Frankly, for me it's not about the closeness of the game, it's just about us playing well. Sometimes you can play well but run into guys like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Matt Ryan that are having amazing games. They're great players, so it's understandable that they might make great plays.

But this disaster of an offensive line is just making it so painful to watch them play...

idle Eric

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":124pps0l said:

We do. But that doesn't make it alright. With this defense it shouldn't be that way. This is the year the OL kills us and we don't make the playoffs. And it really is OK to want that not to happen AND SAY AS MUCH .

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
idle Eric":33pipc5e said:
Year of The Hawk":33pipc5e said:

We do. But that doesn't make it alright. With this defense it shouldn't be that way. This is the year the OL kills us and we don't make the playoffs. And it really is OK to want that not to happen AND SAY AS MUCH .

Oh I agree but it should be no surprise that the game played out this way. I would love to see total domination every game with a 19-0 season. Just not the way things work realistically. Unfortunately.

idle Eric

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":5r4fyw6u said:
idle Eric":5r4fyw6u said:
Year of The Hawk":5r4fyw6u said:

Oh I agree but it should be no surprise that the game played out this way. I would love to see total domination every game with a 19-0 season. Just not the way things work realistically. Unfortunately.

Surprised is the last thing I am. This debacle of an offensive line has been going on for years now.

We'll look back at this period in the teams history and think it was good but a missed opportunity to be great.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At the end of the season absolutely nobody looks at the style points delivered up with the W .

It's the number of Ws that is the only thing that means anything. If you have enough you win your division and with two more after that you win your conference and get to the Championship game.

There were some glimmers of improvement in a few areas, they can be the basis for another step forward. Let's stop wringing our hands. Yep, it was ugly, ugly as heck, worrisome as well, but it was a W.

Time to focus upon the next game and improvement. Finger pointing and kvetching about how ugly the W was is foolishness.

When they total it up at the end of the season this W will look like any other. :irishdrinkers:

idle Eric

Reaction score
How you win tells you a lot about how many you will win. That's all people are saying . It's anything but "foolishness "

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the NFL, every win is a good win.

There are no polls or style points to help you get to the championship game. Just win, that's it.

Great, good, use any adjective you want, but it still counts the same in the win column as every other win.

Seymour

Reaction score
and....burying your head in the sand about the latest warts that have appeared is denial.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It was a typical good Pete win. Move the chains, establish field position, win the turnover battle and ultimately be victorious on the scoreboard. We are tied for first place in the division and still a major force in this league.