A good win? Are u kidding me!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ayyy Roland, I was just about to post along the same lines, but you got the numbers there too.

Remember how in 2015 the Seahawks were the hottest team in the league ending the season and tons of pundits were saying we were the team "no one wants to run into" during the playoffs? How'd that turn out? Shellacked by the Panthers in the divisional round and they made it look easy.

If we end up 12-4 with HFA, who cares about the quality of this win, sure. I'll bet you that if we make it to 12 wins, the way the offense plays will be orders of magnitude better than it has these past two weeks. Conversely, if the offense continues to play like this there ain't now way this team is hitting 10 wins. The reason we're worried is that we haven't seen much indication that it's going to improve enough to reach the 12 wins we desperately need to have a good shot of making the Superbowl.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1hs446pi said:
Ayyy Roland, I was just about to post along the same lines, but you got the numbers there too.

Remember how in 2015 the Seahawks were the hottest team in the league ending the season and tons of pundits were saying we were the team "no one wants to run into" during the playoffs? How'd that turn out? Shellacked by the Panthers in the divisional round and they made it look easy.

If we end up 12-4 with HFA, who cares about the quality of this win, sure. I'll bet you that if we make it to 12 wins, the way the offense plays will be orders of magnitude better than it has these past two weeks. Conversely, if the offense continues to play like this there ain't now way this team is hitting 10 wins. The reason we're worried is that we haven't seen much indication that it's going to improve enough to reach the 12 wins we desperately need to have a good shot of making the Superbowl.
I've seen indications for the past 5 years that that's the way it's going to go. We seem to always stumble out of the gate in these early-season games, pick up the pace and wind up something like 4-2. Very well could happen again this year. Of course much of that hinges on how our line responds and based on how they looked in Game 2 vs. the opener, it looks like they are on their way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The fact that only a few even here are giving the Seahawks the nod over the Titans is telling. The team is playing so bad that the easy schedule we all thought we had doesnt look so promising now. This weeks game will be a pretty decent indication if we are for real or not in my opinion.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I agree with Pitt that this week's game is going to be an indication of the team. If we are actually a legitimate contender we are going to win this game because 1-2 is a major hurdle to playoff seeding. Titans are decent but they are by no means a powerhouse. This game will clear up some fog.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1o6t5qxo said:
Bring on a bunch more ugly wins. The fans now complain about how they WIN a game. :roll:

I would expect a win against the Titans to be ugly and I would be thrilled to have it. An ugly win against the hapless Niners in a home opener is not very encouraging though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The way this team seems to come out of the gates very slow on offense, then the seem to warm up later on etc. I can truly see a lot of the same. The D keeping us in every game and the O pulling out some ugly wins. With #3 back there, anything is possible, and he seems to do his best work when it counts. Better than most imo.
Also, I doubt I was the only one looking at the time of possession thru the game and thinking that it would come back to haunt the Niners in the end. It clearly did the last 2 possession for the Hawks.

RCATES

Reaction score
zchurch74":114kcs2o said:
Both Russ and Pete said in their post game pressers this was a good win. Are you kidding me! How can you try to sell to us this was a good win? This was terrible a terrible win. We have so many holes in this team. I'm tired of this coaching staff blowin smoke up our arses. Just come out and Amsan it was an ugly win but a win is a win.

Yes the defense looks good but against a bad 49ers team they should look great but against a bad 49ers defense we should be able to put up at least 20+ points.

I'm glad we won but I am becoming worried. Changes need to be made. We could get blown out a few times this year.

Would you have felt better if the final score was 21-9? Just curious because if you take away the two dropped passes in the endzone on 2 different drives which ended in field goals and the missed BW extra point the final score would have been 9 pts. higher.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
yep, 2 dropped TD's and the drop later on by Mcevoy. If they settle for 3 on that and get those two TD's. Score is 23-9.

There were some good plays that just were not executed. This team will be fine.
And yes, it's a Win so it's good. This fascination with how a win looks, meh.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It was an ugly win. I'm glad they won. During their SB win season (2013- 14) they played similarly against a weak Bucs team. They were down 21-0 before they got their act together to win barely in OT. That game was after a bye so they were well rested too. This was much like the Miami Dolphins game from last season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2hds0unc said:
extremely similar to the Dolphins game. And it took a game winning drive.
The Dolphins were a playoff team last year. Does anybody think the 49ers are even close to that this year? Not exactly an apt analogy...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we could just ignore the fact that the game would have been an easy two touchdown win if Mcevoy and Procise don't drop 2 passes EACH.

And in BOTH games (Dolphins last year, and Niners this year) it took a come from behind win on a drive by Wilson and company. So yes, a lot of similarities.

Latest posts